• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Willian

If we sold them all how many players would that leave us with

It'd be a concern, that sort of cull.
When fighting premier league and UEFA you need a big squad. We will inevitably lose players to injury and the best teams are those who can bring in decent replacements. Siggy wouldn't get into many if any of the top four first teams, but he's a great squad player and uefa Thursday night option. Same for others.

It'd be a concern, that sort of cull.
When fighting premier league and UEFA you need a big squad. We will inevitably lose players to injury and the best teams are those who can bring in decent replacements. Siggy wouldn't get into many if any of the top four first teams, but he's a great squad player and uefa Thursday night option. Same for others.

I think a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 5 will leave.

but that cull would also include 2-3 players incoming. Say Coentrao, Willian and Capoue. Would probably need another striker though as I was selling Defoe and Adebayor ;)

But it would also reduce the wages, and have a backup team of no more han 11 or so players. And a few of them can cover more than one position so that they are actually backups for 2 positions rather than just one.

For example, capoue would be cover for Paulinhio, Sandro and the Centre back position. Willian could cover a lot of forward positions etc

Last edited:
but that cull would also include 2-3 players incoming. Say Coentrao, Willian and Capoue. Would probably need another striker though as I was selling Defoe and Adebayor ;)

But it would also reduce the wages, and have a backup team of no more han 11 or so players. And a few of them can cover more than one position so that they are actually backups for 2 positions rather than just one.

For example, capoue would be cover for Paulinhio, Sandro and the Centre back position. Willian could cover a lot of forward positions etc

27-9 even plus 3 =21

A little, he's quicker and runs at players unlike Silva though. He reminds me of Kranjcar but a turbo injection version.

That's not a terrible comparison - but the player I think he's most like is Ribery. He's very pacey and very direct, he loves to take players on and go past and force the issue - he cuts in on his stronger right foot and while he's not a Modric style passer, he's willing and he loves to get the defense back on their heels and then thread balls into the box.

If you watch him over a number of matches, the most impressive thing is not just that he's fast ... it's that he "plays fast". He makes quick decisions, he explodes at defenders and he's constantly pressing the issue and probing for holes. He has absurdly quick feet and might be the best dribbler playing in Europe right now, so he just destroys anyone who tries to single mark him. Last season in the Champions League, he turned Ivanovic into the Serbian Maicon. It was almost cruel to watch.

There's not a player in the world I'd want more to replace Bale. Not even close.

And - he's played 55 matches in Europe (Europa and Champions League). He's won a major European trophy (2009 Europa League) and played big Champions League matches against Barcelona, Chelsea and the like. And in nearly every single one of those matches, he's been the best player on the pitch - and always one of the 2-3 best.

He's an extraordinarily good player who due to contract machinations and the like has been plying his trade a bit under the radar of the common fan from western Europe.

That's not a terrible comparison - but the player I think he's most like is Ribery. He's very pacey and very direct, he loves to take players on and go past and force the issue - he cuts in on his stronger right foot and while he's not a Modric style passer, he's willing and he loves to get the defense back on their heels and then thread balls into the box.

If you watch him over a number of matches, the most impressive thing is not just that he's fast ... it's that he "plays fast". He makes quick decisions, he explodes at defenders and he's constantly pressing the issue and probing for holes. He has absurdly quick feet and might be the best dribbler playing in Europe right now, so he just destroys anyone who tries to single mark him. Last season in the Champions League, he turned Ivanovic into the Serbian Maicon. It was almost cruel to watch.

There's not a player in the world I'd want more to replace Bale. Not even close.

I havent seen much of him, you clearly have. Will be interesting to see where he ends up, Anzhi is clearly in a mess, and need to sell. Cant believe we have the money to buy this guy if we not sell Bale, but I would love to be surprised that way for a change :)

Lot of press linking Liverpool to him. I think if nobody else comes in they coudl get him, if they can cobble together the fee and wages. Seems like Lamela is our no 1 target and looks like Emirates Marketing Project's initial interest was merely passing or fabricated by the press.

If he's available and we have any money lying around I'd be gutted if we weren't in for him. I've not seen him play more than half a dozen times but every single time he's been the best offensive player on the pitch.

Sent from my HTC One using Fapatalk 2

If he's available and we have any money lying around I'd be gutted if we weren't in for him. I've not seen him play more than half a dozen times but every single time he's been the best offensive player on the pitch.

Sent from my HTC One using Fapatalk 2

I have only seen him a couple of times but is the ideal-skill without flash and a great work ethic.

I thought he would be too expensive but who knows his price in a fire sale?

I fancy he will go to Liverpool myself.

If he had the choice, I think he'd come here because of the Brazilians, London and AVB. Anyone know what Suarez' wages are?

Back