• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Willian

"that's the problem with doing the medical before signing....or at least do the medical in private"
Doing the medical after completing the signing would seem a bit horse/stable door-ish. I suppose Chelski don't mind paying players a fortune to do nowt though.

It was common knowledge he was available though wasn't it, not like they only became aware because of our interest.

Never mind. Next.

It's not like Spurs announced to the world that he was having a medica, most likely the agent trying to stir up more interest, and it seems like he got what he wanted.

I bet the whole thing was an epic swindle from Kia from the start.

First, make it look like Liverpool stand a chance, to immediately force Spurs (notoriously tough negotiators) to come in at a high price. Then, when it looks like Spurs have just about sorted it, inform Roman and get even more millions added onto the fee. So instead of a bidding war between two clubs, it's actually been a bidding chain involving 3.

Everyone's happy. Kia gets more money. And Willian gets to be the focal point of a team playing every wee..............gets to be rotated every week and smile a lot.

All a bit similar to SWP and Chelsea signing him up so no one else did.

Hardly got a game, career took a hit, might be the same for Willian.

It's not like Spurs announced to the world that he was having a medica, most likely the agent trying to stir up more interest, and it seems like he got what he wanted.

i know, amazing how the blame gets laid at our door. the whole thing moved really quickly - we agreed yet another club record fee, flew him over, did the medical and it was all set.

we controlled the things we could control. we can help it if the agent starts hawking him around or Abramovich makes a personal call to the Anzhi president.

blame should be with the system that allows oil-money clubs to be funded like that rather than through the business generated by the club itself.

Indeed. Woopdedoo, his owner can spend 35 million on a whim to beat down competitors and stroll into the upper places in the league.

He must be so proud of himself.

Unlike kid's park football, where two Captains get to pick alternate players for their team, in Chelsea's case they get to pick all the best players with no alternating!

They are cheating bastards, sweep up all the prospects and then stick them out on loan so that no-one can get them. Look at Marin ffs!

So, who do people think are next on Baldini's list (not including Lamela as we seemed to be going for both)?

Eriksen has been mentioned.

Gaitan? Muniain? Dzagoev? Draxler? Griezmann? Pastore?

(Not in any way saying that all of those are available to us or are particularly similar to Willian in playing style!)

I think we'd have regretted being involved with dealings with Kia sooner or later anyway, the man is an absolute scumbag and is certainly someone I don't want involved with our club.

I'm just hoping Abramovich does not buy Baldini in the future.

Abramovich will not sit idly by and do nothing, he will do what he can to stop AVB being a success at Spurs.

I guess with the JM/RA pairing back together, Cheat$ki can go back to their old tactic of buying players just so other clubs can't have them.

Can't say I know enough of Willian in the first place, but he's welcome to warm the bench with the other dozen similar players in Cheat$ki

Old? I seem to remember they have been doing this a lot in the recent years.

Anyway, so what if this didn't happen, certainly a player we needed, but we have made some very astute signings already this year ,there is still a lot of players available and we certainly seem to have money to throw about. 10 days is an eternity for Levy, Baldy will work his magic. If worst comes to worst, Bale will still be here come september 2. ;)

Unlike kid's park football, where two Captains get to pick alternate players for their team, in Chelsea's case they get to pick all the best players with no alternating!

They are cheating bastards, sweep up all the prospects and then stick them out on loan so that no-one can get them. Look at Marin ffs!

It's amazing that players still fall for it. I wonder how Marin views his decision to move to Chelsea now? His promising career has taken a massive step-back. His confidence must be floored. He's become a figure of fun amongst Chelsea fans.

I also wonder what Schurrle thinks of Willians signing.

I wonder as well how Lukaku who really should be playing week in week out to develop his talent views things? ANd De Bruyne - hows he going to get a look-in now?

These guys can't all play.

I think we'd have regretted being involved with dealings with Kia sooner or later anyway, the man is an absolute scumbag and is certainly someone I don't want involved with our club.

Yeah but this is a player AVB really wanted. I'm sure Levy had his reservations after attempting to do a deal last summer and January where we were seemly strung along before the agent sent him where the money was (out in the Russian wilderness)... but he decided to back his manager and make a go of it.

I'm sure we'll move onto someone else pretty sharpish.. Pjanic/Pastore/Erikssen etc.

I were thinking the same once I'd found out who Willian's agent was . His signing, most likely would've been a short term stay with us , a season, perhaps two at the maximum.

Back