• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Why are we struggling to score this season?

Before Poch arrived, I wasnt his greatest fan. Last year he was hugely important, but we have left ourselves with no cover for him this year

Spot on great last year
The whole recruitment situation this season is strange. I dont want to keep repeating myself so ill stick with strang

Before Poch arrived, I wasnt his greatest fan. Last year he was hugely important, but we have left ourselves with no cover for him this year
I am not sure who we could have signed as cover for Dembele as he is such a one-off player. Any player suggestions you lovely lads and lasses could suggest? They don't have to be realistic in terms of transfer fee or wage. The only rule, and it is strictly enforced, is that they can't be dead or retired.

I am not sure who we could have signed as cover for Dembele as he is such a one-off player. Any player suggestions you lovely lads and lasses could suggest? They don't have to be realistic in terms of transfer fee or wage. The only rule, and it is strictly enforced, is that they can't be dead or retired.

Shame, as it wouldn't be beyond the wit of our transfer committee to sign either the dead or retired.

I hope I'm thinking of the right player, but I think Imbula at Stoke has shown some Dembele-esque qualities. He has, apparently, been poor for them this season and been dropped. I just remember seeing him a few times, he has that power and ability to carry the ball that reminded me of Dembele.

I don't miss Bentaleb's through-balls to opposition forwards. He didn't have the right attitude so phuck him. If he respected our manager, he'd still be here.

How exactly did Bentaleb diss Poch? He doesnt look like a player that doesnt train hard. My only beef with him is that he plays risky balls. He is much more confident in attacking CM roles. Most likely Nabil asked for guaranteed playing time in another role.

How exactly did Bentaleb diss Poch? He doesnt look like a player that doesnt train hard. My only beef with him is that he plays risky balls. He is much more confident in attacking CM roles. Most likely Nabil asked for guaranteed playing time in another role.

By all accounts, Poch didn't like Bentaleb's attitude when it came to negotiating a new contract. The player found himself out of favour and instead of knuckling down and forcing his way back in, he acted like a show pony in the brief appearances Poch subsequently gave him. Decided he wanted to leave, so Poch made him train with the youngsters until it was time to go. If he toed the line with Poch, he'd still be here, but the player obviously had other ideas.

By all accounts, Poch didn't like Bentaleb's attitude when it came to negotiating a new contract. The player found himself out of favour and instead of knuckling down and forcing his way back in, he acted like a show pony in the brief appearances Poch subsequently gave him. Decided he wanted to leave, so Poch made him train with the youngsters until it was time to go. If he toed the line with Poch, he'd still be here, but the player obviously had other ideas.

We have heard this a little too often for my liking. There is a time and a place for 'my way or the highway'!
Mourinho struggled with this tactic at Chelsea last season.

By all accounts he was last off the training pitch every day. I don't think commitment was the problem. The contract negotiations seem to be where it went pear shaped.

With Wanyama (or Dier) behind him I think he would have been tasked with a more progressive role up the pitch where 'risky balls' are exactly what is required. Looks like he is flourishing there for Schalke now and scoring regularly. Anyway I think he's burnt his bridges with Spurs with his subsequent comments but I honestly think we should have kept him.

No, I don't have any suggestions however I also have a day job and don't have a scouting network available to me!! Two options were, of course, Mason and Bentaleb

I have watched a few of our games again recently, to try to see why we have not scored lately. To me it looks like all our players are all about setting up others! No one has that selfishness to go for it themselves, except when they actually should pass it. So I think it's down to decision making and lack of confidence. Think we need a bit of luck to get going again.
Ah, the S word. The very one that certain others on this board cannot wait to level at Harry whenever he fails to score.

Oh to have our Harry back - as gloriously selfish as ever.

I don't miss Bentaleb's through-balls to opposition forwards. He didn't have the right attitude so phuck him. If he respected our manager, he'd still be here.

I back the manager 100 percent on Bentaleb, he maybe a great player. But his attitude will hold him back.

Back