• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Why are we struggling to score this season?

And Eriksen. At least he is consistent I suppose (Gutterboy that is)

Sorry. I know it is trendy to always dig out GB, but on this one he is absolutely right. Eriksen continues to flatter/deceive when we need him most. Ignoring that is folly. I personally think he is a very sensitive bloke and thus his confidence is crucial. It would never ever surprise me to find out he is one of the players we hear about who perhaps suffers from anxiety. But anyone watching Tuesday night who did not think he was poor has their head in the sand (isn't the first time this season). In fact, he appeared to know it all too well, attempting to take off down the tunnel immediately only for our skipper to gonad* him into coming back and acknowledging the supporters. NOT spacegoating him, well aware of what he brings, etc, but he has PLENTY more to give and I hope we start seeing it soon...

To address the question, I am absolutely unconcerned. Our chance creation is excellent, it is only a matter of time and experience before Dele starts putting those chances away, it is only a matter of time before others around him chip in too. Again, we are creating some great opportunities. I am very interested to see who makes way once Hazza is back to fitness (other than Janssen) because Son is undroppable right now.

We will spank someone sooner than later, it will absolutely happen...

* Apart from Eriken bottling out of tackles, Lamela being inconsistent, selling Mason (sorry GB), Janssen not being good enough, Dier going through a slump in form, Sissoko being too expensive and crap at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Carrol being lightweight, Wimmer being replaced as soon as Verts was fit, Dembele being injury prone, Bentaleb being sent out on loan...

That is not a bad list at all. And don't let Lorris's heroics the other night blind you to his poor distribution...and Walker can't cross to save his life, and Alli - well even his manager says he is an untrained horse....

I know... We're proper brick like ain't we !!!

I just hope some day soon like we may have a squad of older players who get it like, and know what it means to wear da shirt and understand us fans.

When I see da playas that united put out I'm soooo envious. They have the most expensive player in the world, they have the hariest, they have the fastest and they have the ugliest and there so much better than us

Sorry. I know it is trendy to always dig out GB, but on this one he is absolutely right. Eriksen continues to flatter/deceive when we need him most. Ignoring that is folly. I personally think he is a very sensitive bloke and thus his confidence is crucial. It would never ever surprise me to find out he is one of the players we hear about who perhaps suffers from anxiety. But anyone watching Tuesday night who did not think he was poor has their head in the sand (isn't the first time this season). In fact, he appeared to know it all too well, attempting to take off down the tunnel immediately only for our skipper to cobbler him into coming back and acknowledging the supporters. NOT escaped goating him, well aware of what he brings, etc, but he has PLENTY more to give and I hope we start seeing it soon...
No mate he's not. Eriksen is a shrinking violet, I'll give you that, but GB's opinion of Eriksen is at the extreme end of the scale. He sees no good in anything Eriksen does. He focuses on the faults so much he cannot see the good. I have done it myself in the past for Parker and in a moment of alcoholic clarity (a contradiction if there ever was one) I saw past my preconceptions of that player. Eriksen does need to play with more courage, I agree with that, but GB is guilty of looking right past what the player is doing and focusing on what he is not.

Last edited:
In saying all that I do think there is more to come from Eriksen. Far far more. In fact i think there is a world class player in there, but let me suggest it is not as far away as some would think. Who in the PL is considered in that world class bracket and who is turning in world class performances every week. Ozil? Silva? They are almost as inconsistent as Eriksen.

He's nearly there. He just needs a bit of Poch mind fu.ck magic to pull him out of his reverie.

In saying all that I do think there is more to come from Eriksen. Far far more. In fact i think there is a world class player in there, but let me suggest it is not as far away as some would think. Who in the PL is considered in that world class bracket and who is turning in world class performances every week. Ozil? Silva? They are almost as inconsistent as Eriksen.

He's nearly there. He just needs a bit of Poch mind fu.ck magic to pull him out of his reverie.

Indeed, in that second half on Tuesday he was one of the few that were trying to push us forward, making some great forward runs at least one of wich came fro him closing down one of their players and running forward almost as fast as a little Lennon in his pomp:eek:

The early goal makes a BIG difference from what I've seen

We get that and teams open up and attack. The longer we wait for it the harder it gets as teams sit back more and get more settled

We scored a reasonable amount last season in the first half but we have scored 1 I think this season in the first half (I could be wrong)

The early goal makes a BIG difference from what I've seen

We get that and teams open up and attack. The longer we wait for it the harder it gets as teams sit back more and get more settled

We scored a reasonable amount last season in the first half but we have scored 1 I think this season in the first half (I could be wrong)

Tbh I think its 5.
1 at Stoke
Both v Middlesbrough
Both v City

But certainly agree with your first bit, that early goal, or at least in the 1st half is massive. The 2 recent visits to Stoke have shown that, once we get ahead we can start picking teams off on the counter.
Unfortunately, getting that goal is proving difficult of late, whether it be down to a superhuman goalie display or poor finishing

Tbh I think its 5.
1 at Stoke
Both v Middlesbrough
Both v City

But certainly agree with your first bit, that early goal, or at least in the 1st half is massive. The 2 recent visits to Stoke have shown that, once we get ahead we can start picking teams off on the counter.
Unfortunately, getting that goal is proving difficult of late, whether it be down to a superhuman goalie display or poor finishing

All 3 were our best wins and our best performances then

Liverpoo today would have been interesting if they didn't get the first goal

I think we have to factor in that, despite the better depth of squad, we are missing Kane. His hard work stretches teams, he poaches but also shoots accurately from distance and his passing and general hold up play is very good. It would have been good to have him and Jansen up front together at times. He has been our top scorer for the last 2 seasons, his absence was never going to be easy to cover.

We are missing Chadders chipping in with goals.

But yes, we are having problems with breaking down packed defences. Last season we had the odd goal from Toby and Dier. Rose'll belt another one in, Walker should chip in too.

Why not have a couple of sessions on finishing ? Log range shooting too, see so many of those on instagram (albeit under no pressure). Bournemouth have been playing well too recently, their manager should know a thing or two in defending, just like our El Poche.

It's still the mentality for me. We operate better when we fly under the radar. We don't deal with the added pressure that comes with climbing to the top end of the table. Arsenal are exactly the same. Both clubs are masters of winning when nothing is expected of them.

We need more goal threat from Eriksen and Lamela. Only one league goal between them. I think when everyone is fit, there may only be room for one of them in the team.

Every player needs to get thier act together upfront, just working hard is not enough, at the elite level!

I agree.

We are missing Chadders chipping in with goals.

But yes, we are having problems with breaking down packed defences. Last season we had the odd goal from Toby and Dier. Rose'll belt another one in, Walker should chip in too.

Why not have a couple of sessions on finishing ? Log range shooting too, see so many of those on instagram (albeit under no pressure). Bournemouth have been playing well too recently, their manager should know a thing or two in defending, just like our El Poche.

Chadli leaving is not the issue, for a number of footballing reasons he needed to leave and good luck to him.

Replacing him with Sissoko is the issue.

1. Lack of experience in attack. Been banging on about it for a couple of years. Exciting that the oldest attacking players are 24. But need a Toby like figure who's a little older at times to calm things. Dembele can fullfil that. Puts his foot on the ball, gets them playing with patience.

2. Janssen needs time.

3. We press so much, it must take away from movement and energy to attack at times.

4. Its vital to have a good defense. Title winning teams are build on good defense. So we don't need to change that, but some tweaks to get better effectiveness from deep players joining attacks would help. FB, deeper midfielders making the extra man. At the moment, they don't make enough of a difference.

Last edited:
Back