• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who's in and who's out- tactics 2014/2015

Soldado is well and truly finished if Poch comes in and gets us playing possession based football. Can Soldado play as a lone striker? i think yes but it would have to be a fast paced, counter attacking style where the wings are used often and the ball is fed to Soldado early.

Valencia played...pass...pass...feed Soldado. That's what they played and that's where he was deadly. Personally i think we should ship him asap and hopefully get some £££££ back.

how do you know he is going to play a possession based game here with us?

Cant see Ade having much of a future at Spurs. Can Poch really turn him into a hard-working CF who harasses the defenders?!?

I think he already is. The problem is that currently nobody else in the team pushes up to cut the opposition's passing options so there's always an easy get out for their defenders.

Makes me laugh when people think Ade isn't hard working. He's one of the most hard working players in the team, but people just refuse to see it and believe what the dense pundits tell them on TV, rather than actually watch the games.

In:
Lescott
Cole
Lallana
Remy

Cost about £35 million

Out:
Naughton
Rose
Dawson
Livermore
Lennon
Sigurdsson

Receive about £25 million.

You would get a lot more than 25 million for that lot - especially as all 6 count as homegrown players.

I think that lot would fetch upwards of 40 million in transfer fees. However I certainly wouldn't sell Rose and Naughton as we'll need cover for our first choice fullbacks.

Makes me laugh when people think Ade isn't hard working. He's one of the most hard working players in the team, but people just refuse to see it and believe what the dense pundits tell them on TV, rather than actually watch the games.

Indeed.... Something I have noticed is that players with a languid running style are often called lazy, irrespective of the running they actually do. Kanoute was another example if this.

Shaw and Lallana in.....with levy, baldini and poch on the case the boys have no chance :) Spurs bound

Actually, 5 or 6 new players in and the same number out.

I've said it before but I'll bore you all by saying it again. I think that a lot of the preconceptions about Ade as a player are because of his languid running style and facial expressions.

Indeed.... Something I have noticed is that players with a languid running style are often called lazy, irrespective of the running they actually do. Kanoute was another example if this.

Beat me too it. Waddle suffered from this a bit too.

When motivated Ade is fairly hard working, I agree. And I've spent a lot of time defending him on here.

However, Ade isn't really dependable or diligent. It's difficult to trust that Ade will do his job every time and his defensive work when hard seems to me a bit random and scattered. If Poch wants to implement a Bielsa style high pressing game similar to Atletico Madrid or Dortmund for example he needs every player to work in that system consistently. The team has to work as a unit, and every player has to trust other players to do the work every time. It's perhaps less important for the lone striker in the 4-2-3-1 than for midfielders and defenders, but as Schneiderlin (I think) correctly pointed out in one of his interviews it's the striker(s) that should initiate the high pressing, that then brings the rest of the team up the pitch after them. Having a striker that's diligent and dependable, predictable and tactically astute is important.

If Ade can adapt that would be fantastic. If he can't perhaps Poch can do what Barcelona does with Messi and more or less give one player the freedom to defend more or less when he feels like it how he feels like it and it will be worth it... But Ade is a concern, one I'm quite sure both Poch and Baldini are pondering.

Starting 11 for the New season

all of this talk about mario bringing in several southampton players is rubbish we dont need one of them, why bring players form an 8th finishing sqaud? worse than us!!

for me the players i would like to see on the pitch the first game are these:

-----------------------Loris---------------------

walker------daws---------vlad/verts----------rose

-------------sandro---------dembele-----------

lennon/towns------------chadli/lamela------------eriskon

---------------------ade/sol-----------------------

if mario can get the best out of soldado which i hope he can i would start him over ade

When motivated Ade is fairly hard working, I agree. And I've spent a lot of time defending him on here.

However, Ade isn't really dependable or diligent. It's difficult to trust that Ade will do his job every time and his defensive work when hard seems to me a bit random and scattered. If Poch wants to implement a Bielsa style high pressing game similar to Atletico Madrid or Dortmund for example he needs every player to work in that system consistently. The team has to work as a unit, and every player has to trust other players to do the work every time. It's perhaps less important for the lone striker in the 4-2-3-1 than for midfielders and defenders, but as Schneiderlin (I think) correctly pointed out in one of his interviews it's the striker(s) that should initiate the high pressing, that then brings the rest of the team up the pitch after them. Having a striker that's diligent and dependable, predictable and tactically astute is important.

If Ade can adapt that would be fantastic. If he can't perhaps Poch can do what Barcelona does with Messi and more or less give one player the freedom to defend more or less when he feels like it how he feels like it and it will be worth it... But Ade is a concern, one I'm quite sure both Poch and Baldini are pondering.

Agreed, good post.

I'm thinking Kane could develop into our Lambert.

Re: Starting 11 for the New season

why would you? he has had 1 good season? to late for taking him now, we would be paying through the roof for him? the saints would want 25-30 mill for him... i mean really why pay 30 million for him........ is he really that much better than rose...... the money we need to spend shouldnt be in places like rose it should be up the top of the pitch..... paying 26 million for a striker who keeps the bench warm

I'm guessing this will be merged, but I disagree completely with the premise that we shouldn't look to sign players from a team because they finished 8th in the Premier League.

It probably shouldn't be where we do most of our deals as the cost is likely going to be high, but there will be some excellent deals to be made and getting players in with PL experience could be vital for us this summer.

why would you? he has had 1 good season? to late for taking him now, we would be paying through the roof for him? the saints would want 25-30 mill for him... i mean really why pay 30 million for him........ is he really that much better than rose...... the money we need to spend shouldnt be in places like rose it should be up the top of the pitch..... paying 26 million for a striker who keeps the bench warm

Yes, yes he is. Unfortunately for Rose, left back is by far our weakest position in the team at the moment.

Yes, yes he is. Unfortunately for Rose, left back is by far our weakest position in the team at the moment.

i strongly disagree that you think we should be paying 30 million for a left back.... and not spending the money more wisely like i say for a class striker

Back