• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who would we miss the most ?

Player that would be missed the most

• Modric

Votes: 60 40.3%
  • Van Der Vaart

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Bale

Votes: 44 29.5%
  • Parker

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Adebayor

Votes: 22 14.8%
  • Lennon

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Walker

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • BAE

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Friedel

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Other....please specify

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
That's not as easy as you think, weve been trying to do that for the past 15 years. We got a taste of it with Palacios and a glimpse of it with Sandro but Parker is that man we have missed.

I actually chose Friedel, and I'll tell you why. Not only do we have an experienced, consistent and top goalkeeper but he has given the 4 in front of him bags of confidence, and Parker coming in has given the back 4 confidence too as they know they have that sure thing in front of them and behind. Due to this it takes the pressure off the midfield to play knowing if they have backs to the wall moments they have the confidence to deal with it. The midfield then with little stress can play with the freedom to the front players, the front players then also dont have the pressure of knowing that they need to score 3/4 every game to win. I think Brad is the most important and Parker being a very very close 2nd. It's all to do with trust.

52 so far have voted for Modric even though last season we won more games without him playing. It's baffling.

I agree. Lets look at another scenario. Chelski have won the CL. We need three points to claim 3rd or we miss out on CL. We are 0-1 down to Fulham at half time. Bale and Modric are subs. Who would you bring on?

There can only surely be one answer. Our undoubted matchwinner.

I agree. Lets look at another scenario. Chelski have won the CL. We need three points to claim 3rd or we miss out on CL. We are 0-1 down to Fulham at half time. Bale and Modric are subs. Who would you bring on?

The Champions League final is after the end of the premiership season...

So who cares who we sub on. We must have some sort of time machine. We're rich.

There's only one answer and that would be Bale.

I'm still scratching my head at the results so far. I think the brainless have just voted for their favourite player.

It was Bale's injuries at the end of the campaign though that cost us 4th spot. If he had remained fit who knows where we would have finished.

Has Modric won PFA Player of the year and been in both the Premiership and UEFA teams of the year? Bale has been described as the best left sided attacking player in Europe. I dont hear the same type of accolades being heaped on Modric by outsiders.

Those that are blind about the huge and extremely important role Modric has in our team, even when he's an offday; I guess those are the same that didn't understood the importance of Carrick before he left and it became quite obvious even for them ÔÇô and Modric is twice the player...

For a lot he's the player of the season in PL last year; Fergusson and Dalglish were among those with that view a year ago.

Bale is someone that gives me hope that we can challenge the big teams, a player that can cunjure something from nothing. For me Modric can be replaced more easily.

Those that are blind about the huge and extremely important role Modric has in our team, even when he's an offday; I guess those are the same that didn't understood the importance of Carrick before he left and it became quite obvious even for them – and Modric is twice the player...

For a lot he's the player of the season in PL last year; Fergusson and Dalglish were among those with that view a year ago.

A very good and totally correct point.

But doesn't mean either would take Modric over Bale. Maybe they just say Modric is the best Premiership midfielder because he is probably more attainable.

I voted Modric over Silva in a recent poll on here, but Bale would be harder to replace. I have probably seen 2 players in the modern era that are like Bale... Giggs, Gazza. Infact Bale is a mix of the pair.

If a person doesn't see the influence that Modric has in our team,its pointless to convince them otherwise.

Fact is that once Luka Modric hit the ground running in the premier league,the team started playing superb football with great results.Even Alex Ferguson said that Modric was his player of the season(10-11) and alot more pundits and journalists.

Here,a fantastic article for everyone to see how valuable Modric actually is,especially considering we play 4-4-2

http://www.barriesview.com/2012/03/the-premier-leagues-top-creators

If you add all the defensive work he does,he is undoubtedly the best CM in this league.

I think it has more to do with expressing a viewpoint that is fundamentally inaccurate.

Which a lot of us think is what you are doing.

You are just ploughing on regardless, rather than looking at our viewpoints, on the basis that if you keep hitting the same point hard enough, it will be embraced with the same mindless enthusiasm.

This.

Go you.

If a person doesn't see the influence that Modric has in our team,its pointless to convince them otherwise.

Fact is that once Luka Modric hit the ground running in the premier league,the team started playing superb football with great results.Even Alex Ferguson said that Modric was his player of the season(10-11) and alot more pundits and journalists.

Here,a fantastic article for everyone to see how valuable Modric actually is,especially considering we play 4-4-2

http://www.barriesview.com/2012/03/the-premier-leagues-top-creators

If you add all the defensive work he does,he is undoubtedly the best CM in this league.

You lost me at Fact is

Why are you so obsessed with a match winner? How about we're 1-0 up and getting dingdonged on by Fulham because we can't keep hold of the ball, who would you bring on? He could come on and change the game by keeping hold of the ball and it could also go down as a match winning performance, no?

I voted Bale by the way, but your so way off with your opinion of Modric it has to be highlighted. It's been 5 pages of people explaining why he's so important to us and yet, still now, your going on about scoring and assists! Would you gauge King by the same criteria? The reality is Modric's contribution to the team is inbetween that of King and Bale, he's not an out and out stopper and he's not an out and out attacker, so it's pointless trying to attack him because he doesn't have enough goals or assists, it's simply not his prime responsibility, just like it's not King's (hence why I brought him in to the comparison)!

That's not as easy as you think, weve been trying to do that for the past 15 years. We got a taste of it with Palacios and a glimpse of it with Sandro but Parker is that man we have missed.

I actually chose Friedel, and I'll tell you why. Not only do we have an experienced, consistent and top goalkeeper but he has given the 4 in front of him bags of confidence, and Parker coming in has given the back 4 confidence too as they know they have that sure thing in front of them and behind. Due to this it takes the pressure off the midfield to play knowing if they have backs to the wall moments they have the confidence to deal with it. The midfield then with little stress can play with the freedom to the front players, the front players then also dont have the pressure of knowing that they need to score 3/4 every game to win. I think Brad is the most important and Parker being a very very close 2nd. It's all to do with trust.

52 so far have voted for Modric even though last season we won more games without him playing. It's baffling.

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/LukaModric.html

something's not right here, i didnt think modric was out that much last season and stattos page makes it look like he played quite a bit. and we won more games with him playing too.

where did you get your info out of curiosity?

not so fast, i dot think his comment is entirely accurate

Bad Ade without a doubt.

We dont have any other striker with his all round ability and when he doesnt play we are bricky oh brick up top, the midfielders literally have no-one to aim for or play off

Bad Ade without a doubt.

We dont have any other striker with his all round ability and when he doesnt play we are bricky oh brick up top, the midfielders literally have no-one to aim for or play off

The 4 League games we played without him this season we've lost 3 and drew 1.
They were City home and away, United away and Stoke at home though.

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/LukaModric.html

something's not right here, i didnt think modric was out that much last season and stattos page makes it look like he played quite a bit. and we won more games with him playing too.

where did you get your info out of curiosity?

Wow those facts last season are interesting. The following league games are the games Luka missed last season:

Stoke (away) = 2-1 win
Wigan (home) = 0-1 loss
Wolves (home) = 3-1 win
Blackburn (away) = 1-0 win
Bolton (home) = 2-1 win
Sunderland (away) = 2-1 win

So in the 6 league games he missed last season we won five games and lost one.

Then again Gareth Bale missed:

Blackburn (away) = 1-0 win
Bolton (home) = 2-1 win
Sunderland (away) = 2-1 win
Wigan (away) = 0-0
Emirates Marketing Project (away) = 0-1 loss
Liverpool (away) = 2-0 win
Birmingham (home) = 2-1 win

7 games, 5 win, 1 draw and 1 loss.

Guess we can all agree it's Adebayor and move on.

Back