• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who or what was the turning point for Leicester City ?

My mate works for the back office for major bookies and Leics winning the title would be great for bookies. On their books their is one reports £5000 pay out and alot of money on 11/8.

This is however covered by all the pre season money in the £100,000s being on Chelsea, City and Arsenal.

They are more than covered, if its a Spurs/Leic 1/2 in any order they clean up

Leics Run

Norwich, WBA, Watford, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Palace

and that's where it gets interesting.

- None of those sides are going to all out attack Leicester (they live off counters to overcommitted play)
- 2 if not 3 will be playing purely for the draw and trying to hit Leicester on counter
- Ade will probably be in form by time they get to Palace.

I still think Leicester get better results against teams that actually try to play, on the back end of season against teams doing everything (will match work rate) to get a single point, lets see ...

They all have something to play for, and usually one of the bottom clubs go on a mad run to avoid relegation. It's not that rosey in the Leicester garden.

- None of those sides are going to all out attack Leicester (they live off counters to overcommitted play)
- 2 if not 3 will be playing purely for the draw and trying to hit Leicester on counter

I still think Leicester get better results against teams that actually try to play, on the back end of season against teams doing everything (will match work rate) to get a single point, lets see ...

I would love to agree but in that case they wouldn't have as many points this season as they do. Leics are more than a one trick team.

If I was them I would rather that run than another

They're going to smash Norwich as they like to attack and play a very high line. Should put them back on track sadly.

I would love to agree but in that case they wouldn't have as many points this season as they do. Leics are more than a one trick team.

If I was them I would rather that run than another

They are a one trick team, very effective trick, but one trick ...

Think the difference now (as vs. earlier is season) is those sides will sit back (respect Leicester more), and give Vardy/Mahrez no space to run into, use their pace with.

Think the difference now (as vs. earlier is season) is those sides will sit back (respect Leicester more), and give Vardy/Mahrez no space to run into, use their pace with.

Been saying this for a few months. We were very unlucky against them at home, very unlucky. Away, we had the game won but handed them an equalizer by switching off. Cup? Did the job.

Thats utter garbage I am sorry, but they wouldn't be where they are now if that was the case..

Thats utter garbage I am sorry, but they wouldn't be where they are now if that was the case..

Have you watched them play?

- its very, very basic football
- give up possession (they have one of the worst possession stats in PL), sit deep, stay compressed, once they get the ball, big hoof over top to Mahrez/Vardy

They reason they are where they are is

- Its been a poor year in PL
- Almost every player in their side is having the best season of their life at the same time (no, I can't explain that)

- give up possession (they have one of the worst possession stats in PL), sit deep, stay compressed, once they get the ball, big hoof over top to Mahrez/Vardy

- Almost every player in their side is having the best season of their life at the same time (no, I can't explain that)
They have two forwards and a keeper all scoring/saving at rates that some of the very best in the world would be happy with.

Teams will often have a player doing this, but to have three at a time is just ridiculous.

Yeh I have seen them play, I just don't agree with whats being said.

I watched them against Chelsea at home and they tore them apart with flair and pace.

The point I originally made was against the theory they would do better against better team, like I said if that was the case they would not be where they are as they have played the crap at least one already....

They have two forwards and a keeper all scoring/saving at rates that some of the very best in the world would be happy with.

Teams will often have a player doing this, but to have three at a time is just ridiculous.

But its beyond that, several of their journeyman players (Huth, Drinkwater, Morgan) are also having the best seasons of their career (by a big margin).

I will be stunned if it lasts another 12 games, but even if it does, could see next year being a massive drop off a cliff.

I watched them against Chelsea at home and they tore them apart with flair and pace.

The point I originally made was against the theory they would do better against better team, like I said if that was the case they would not be where they are as they have played the crap at least one already....

Yep, but those teams to a large part still saw Leicester as a "peer" vs. when we play brick teams, and they just park the bus home or away, no space, no attacking intent (so pace/counter is nullified)

I can see Pulis, Watford and Palace all getting something.

But it's context! This was the LOWEST point of Chelsea's decade!!!!! They were a fudging shambles, a disgrace! Like when they beat Emirates Marketing Project 3-1, Emirates Marketing Project were a shambles and you knew Emirates Marketing Project would put their best foot (and drag some of their injured off the treatment table) to play us. They have been very lucky twice against us in the league, very lucky...

Tell me who, other than us and possibly the goons, have played them with anything approaching tactical regard for what they do??? When that happens the bus wheels will slow down...

I can see Pulis, Watford and Palace all getting something.
I can see the fun vacuum created by Pulisball vs Leicesterball sucking the known universe in on itself and causing spacetime to no longer exist.

It will essentially be 9 defenders on each side lumping the ball to each other's keepers with Vardy and Rondon knocking the brick out of each other in the centre circle.

I can see the fun vacuum created by Pulisball vs Leicesterball sucking the known universe in on itself and causing spacetime to no longer exist.

It will essentially be 9 defenders on each side lumping the ball to each other's keepers with Vardy and Rondon knocking the brick out of each other in the centre circle.
They should just run a big net across the middle of the pitch and try and stop the ball from hitting the ground.

(that's comment is not totally fair on Leicester as they have a bit more to them than howitzer attacks)

Back