• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who or what was the turning point for Leicester City ?

Big 2 matches for Leicester now coming up and it could make or break them.
City and Arsenal away

If they get through those two matches unbeaten I would go as far to say the would be favourites with only 12 games left and no additional cup matches
After those 2 big games look at their next 9 games
Norwich (h)
WBA (h)
Watford (a)
Saudi Sportswashing Machine (h)
Palace (a)
Southampton (h)
Sunderland (a)
West Ham (h)
Swansea (h)

Lets face it if we had that run, 6 home in 9,we would thinking an unbeaten run. 6 or 7 wins.

Granted they finish United (a), Everton (h) and Chelsea (a). But they could have amassed enough points to fall over the line. Could all depend whether they can handle the pressure and expectation.

Obviously lose the next 2 and they could lose some confidence, but what a pair of matches to have to get your mojo.

Now I have seen their run-in tonight is the first time I finally think they could actually win it.

City and Arsenal away

If they get through those two matches unbeaten I would go as far to say the would be favourites with only 12 games left and no additional cup matches
Norwich (h)
WBA (h)
Watford (a)
Palace (a)
Southampton (h)
Sunderland (a)
West Ham (h)
Swansea (h)

Lets face it if we had that run, 6 home in 9,we would thinking an unbeaten run. 6 or 7 wins.

Granted they finish United (a), Everton (h) and Chelsea (a). But they could have amassed enough points to fall over the line. Could all depend whether they can handle the pressure and expectation.

Obviously lose the next 2 and they could lose some confidence, but what a pair of matches to have to get your mojo.

Now I have seen their run-in tonight is the first time I finally think they could actually win it.

Hopefully they get no more than 2 points from the next two games, so we can get closer to them and put them under pressure.

City and Arsenal away

Norwich (h)
WBA (h)
Watford (a)
Palace (a)
Southampton (h)
Sunderland (a)
West Ham (h)
Swansea (h)

The thing is, its football, on paper Pool should have been harder, I expect they will drop points against "easier" teams.

Add in, Ranieri has done a really good job of deflecting title/CL conversations, they get down to the last 10 games, the conversation and pressure will be there ...

Seen the title odds this morning quite happy to be 4th faves at 6/1, stay under the radar so to speak. Leciester at 5/1 though, worth a punt for any neutrals

Hopefully all those lower teams will now play Leicester in a different way, sit back, counter and grind a point or nick a narrow win. Let's see how Leicester get on when they have to break teams down.

Admittedly the first goal was world class, but the 2nd goal just happened to deflect directly into Vardy's path. They are due a bit of bad luck surely.

there will be a lot made of last night, but the fact that the dippers are absolutely fudging useless will be ignored

much harder games coming up

also, the volley looked spectacular, but the defender didn't pressure him and mingnolet (as ever) did everything wrong, starting position, coming forward, miscalculation of his angles, it was effectively an unguarded net

Admittedly the first goal was world class, but the 2nd goal just happened to deflect directly into Vardy's path. They are due a bit of bad luck surely.
They've been due some bad luck all season. It's just one of those freak runs that happens every few years.

Hats off to them; if they win the league (as they well might, after all over the last 12 season whoever was top after 23 games has gone on to take the title) whilst we will feel a bit deflated a little that we didn't take the chance to, can you imagine the scenes at the Emirates at the end of the season??
Wenger would have to go into hiding!

If they get at least 2 draws from their next two games vs Arsenal and Emirates Marketing Project, i think the title might be theirs...

I have been saying all season that I do not think they will finish in the top four, looking at the pts they have 10 on Utd who are fifth which means they have to drop a lot of points in the remaining games which is a lot.

I still think they are a poor side to watch but with Vardy scoring again they may prove me wrong. :oops:

When you're hot you're hot! Nothing more nothing less!

I think it's more by luck than design! But let's take nothing away from them, they are doing great!

When you're hot you're hot! Nothing more nothing less!

I think it's more by luck than design! But let's take nothing away from them, they are doing great!

Credit where credit is due, there's no luck in leading the league after 25 games, they outplayed City and deserved to win, in today's moneyfied world, this is absolutely incredible, forget mahrez and vardy, I look at players like drinkwater and Huth, they were average players in my book, What has Ranieri done, the same guy whose Greek team lost to the mighty Faroe islands 8 months ago.

the leicester players looked hungrier for the ball and fitter than Emirates Marketing Project.

i think their physio/nutritionist/doctor/psychological coach/supplements provider ;) deserves plenty of credit too.

Seen nothing to suggest they are anything other than on an extended hot and lucky streak.
Vardy is having acSuarez season, Huth is getting all the decisions Skrtel got in Liverpools season. It's theirs to lose.

A long way to go still but I wonder if they will get the credit they deserve if they pull this off.. or even if they just stay in the race right up until the end?

I stand by my feeling all along that they will not win it. I say this independently of us. Their last three games are tough. I think they will drop points against the goons, Palace, Sunderland and WH to name four, with more weirdness in those final three games. I still say 4th.

Bookmakers apparently now making them favourites for the title... I find it difficult to argue with the people that do this brick for a (very successful) living, but I'm still doubtful if they have what it takes to go all the way. More credit to them if they actually manage it though.

Back