• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who or what was the turning point for Leicester City ?

Seen nothing to suggest they are anything other than on an extended hot and lucky streak.
Vardy is having acSuarez season, Huth is getting all the decisions Skrtel got in Liverpools season. It's theirs to lose.

You've seen nothing to suggest they are on nothing more than a 'hot and lucky' streak, but it's 'theirs to lose'?o_O

Bookmakers apparently now making them favourites for the title... I find it difficult to argue with the people that do this brick for a (very successful) living, but I'm still doubtful if they have what it takes to go all the way. More credit to them if they actually manage it though.

I wonder how many people have been putting money on Leicester? if the odds were still 5000/1 I'd probably put on as much as I can afford to lose..

It may be that the bookmakers are set to lose a lot should Leicester win the title, and one way to discourage punters is to reduce the odds.

I wonder how many people have been putting money on Leicester? if the odds were still 5000/1 I'd probably put on as much as I can afford to lose..

It may be that the bookmakers are set to lose a lot should Leicester win the title, and one way to discourage punters is to reduce the odds.

It influences the odds of course. But the big bookmakers that can absorb losses to some extent are fairly good at making decent-ish predictions on these issues. Them having Leicester as favourites doesn't mean that they're actually favourites if a true probability estimate could be found. But it does indicate something...

It influences the odds of course. But the big bookmakers that can absorb losses to some extent are fairly good at making decent-ish predictions on these issues. Them having Leicester as favourites doesn't mean that they're actually favourites if a true probability estimate could be found. But it does indicate something...

The main reason they are bookies favourites is because of the money being bet on them to win. With the rise of betting exchanges, odds will reflect the flow of money even more than they did before.

I would not lose any sleep about the bookies losing money, I have a mate who is a bookie and he thinks the majority of punters are idiots.

I would not lose any sleep about the bookies losing money, I have a mate who is a bookie and he thinks the majority of punters are idiots.

That is true, but 1000 Leicester fans putting £10 Leicester winning the league at 5000/1 would dent their profits somewhat..

So, the pundits reckon Leicester are favourites to win the league title now after beating ManCity away. But what they fail to realise is that Leicester no longer have to play Spurs, the team who always rescue and inspire them whenever they are in bad form. Last season, Leicester were winless in 7 matches until they played Spurs and then won 7 of their next 9 matches. This season, Leicester were winless in 4 matches until they played Spurs and now have won their last 3 matches. So, let's see if they can do without the help and inspiration of Spurs in their remaining 13 matches ! If they do, Spurs can be proud of their part in it !:rolleyes:

They've got relegation fodder next time in the form of Norwich. On the Saturday.

The following day we have Swansea at home, Goons have Manure away...crucial weekend again...if they don't get max points vs Norwich well...

Sadly, we will have played 3 game before then:mad:

I didn't watch their game but from I've heard and read the media are highlighting some of their "robust" challenges. They've got away with that all season, how Huth got away with that elbow a couple of weeks ago is beyond me, maybe the tide is turning.

I didn't watch their game but from I've heard and read the media are highlighting some of their "robust" challenges. They've got away with that all season, how Huth got away with that elbow a couple of weeks ago is beyond me, maybe the tide is turning.

i havent watched them too much either. but i bet they have been on the good side of an unbeleiveable amount of good luck. their players just arent that good, and even with confidence and some good play, the only way a club like them can be top after almost 30 games is if they have been massively lucky.

their season possesion stats says it all. you cant keep winning matches long term with the amount of possession they have had. things will level out for them sooner or later. its just a question when

That is true, but 1000 Leicester fans putting £10 Leicester winning the league at 5000/1 would dent their profits somewhat..

absolute garbage, leicester winning the title for the books would be like a 100/1 shot winning the grand national, i'm sure there are 1000 bournemouth, sunderland fans etc also carrying 10 quid wagers at stupid price but more importantly, a leicester win would see big Ante post single bets and accumulators on City, chelsea, arsenal etc all falling by the wayside and we're talking five and six figure bets here.

Yesterday might have been the turning point. Gifting Arsenal a free kick like they did is just asking for trouble. If you keep giving Arsenal chances, eventually they will take one. One of the most brainless fouls I've ever seen at the end of a game.

Back