• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Which party are you?

havent lived in the UK for 10 years, always did a "protest" vote when I did, voted for the first time in the US last year, voted libertarian

Aren't you considered racist if you vote for them? What's the difference in manifesto between them and bnp out of interest?

I'm interested to know this as well. They seem to be getting more support over the years. Is it more to do with distancing ourselves from Europe?

Aren't you considered racist if you vote for them? What's the difference in manifesto between them and bnp out of interest?

Only by ignorant people. People who don't bother to find out what the party REALLY stand for, and assume that because you want to control immigration rather than just open the doors to everyone, you are a bigot.

And as for the difference between BNP manifesto and UKIP............well, chalk and cheese spring to mind.

Did you know, UKIP make it a strict membership policy that no former BNP or NF members may join? And still I get idiots calling me racist.

I joined UKIP out of a love for my country, not a hatred of others (although I detest what the EU has become)

No party really represents my views. UKIP label themselves as Libertarian but they aren't even close, they take an old school conservative line on social issues like gay marriage.

Economically I'm about in line with the UKIP and Tories but socially I'm quite Liberal (in the classical sense of freedom without state interference, not this neo liberal rubbish)

If I were in the US I'd vote Libertarian without hesitation, but there is no real Libertarian party in the UK. I'll probably vote Tory next election for lack of a better party.

Fair enough. Ok I hold my hand up I'm completely naive when it comes to politics. I've looked at the bnp manifesto and the key points I agree with are:

Deportation of all ILLEGAL immigrants.
People who have lived in a particular area the longest would have higher priority for council homes.
Allow victims of crime full freedom to defend themselves in their own homes.
Deport all those who commit major crimes who are from other countries.

Can someone explain why we wouldn't want that in this country?

Also, what other cons are there to the bnp? Genuinely uncertain and interested to hear.

Fair enough. Ok I hold my hand up I'm completely naive when it comes to politics. I've looked at the bnp manifesto and the key points I agree with are:

People who have lived in a particular area the longest would have higher priority for council homes.

Also, what other cons are there to the bnp? Genuinely uncertain and interested to hear.

I don't get this one point? What's the difference between a person committing a crime who is born British and a legal immigrant who has British citizenship? Surely the whole point is a Brit is a Brit?*

*Unless we are saying that we find out the criminal is here illegally, then yeah deport them.

As with all parties, there are bits that individuals would agree with, and like to see adopted. This applies across the board, including BNP, but of course people are too scared to admit they agree with a policy purely because of the association with said party.

Take the extremism out of each party, and you are probably left with a reasonable set of ideas that would benefit our country, and therefore, its population.

I don't get this one point? What's the difference between a person committing a crime who is born British and a legal immigrant who has British citizenship? Surely the whole point is a Brit is a Brit?*

*Unless we are saying that we find out the criminal is here illegally, then yeah deport them.

They forfeit their citizenship in that instance.

They forfeit their citizenship in that instance.

I see what you're getting at but I don't think it's that clear cut.
There are people who have moved here and lived in this country say 20 years ago who feel just as British as you or me. They might even have kids that are obviously born with British citizenship. What makes them any different than an 18 year old British born youth when it comes to committing a crime? You can't pick and choose to kick some legal citizens out and not others. Again if they are in anyway illegal immigrants then yeah fair enough but I just don't think it is that easy to determine.

I see what you're getting at but I don't think it's that clear cut.
There are people who have moved here and lived in this country say 20 years ago who feel just as British as you or me. They might even have kids that are obviously born with British citizenship. What makes them any different than an 18 year old British born youth when it comes to committing a crime? You can't pick and choose to kick some legal citizens out and not others. Again if they are in anyway illegal immigrants then yeah fair enough but I just don't think it is that easy to determine.

True although I suppose it would depend on the circumstances.

Only by ignorant people. People who don't bother to find out what the party REALLY stand for, and assume that because you want to control immigration rather than just open the doors to everyone, you are a bigot.

And as for the difference between BNP manifesto and UKIP............well, chalk and cheese spring to mind.

Did you know, UKIP make it a strict membership policy that no former BNP or NF members may join? And still I get idiots calling me racist.

I joined UKIP out of a love for my country, not a hatred of others (although I detest what the EU has become)

I don't know much about UKIP at all, so, genuine question, aren't they just an anti EU party?

I don't know much about UKIP at all, so, genuine question, aren't they just an anti EU party?

No.

UKIP have a full manifesto. Suitable enough to rival any of the main parties.

They have very strong viewpoints on energy, tax, education, and are very much in favour of localised government, without state interference.

And, contrary to opinion, they do NOT want to cease trade with Europe. They merely want to be able to trade with whoever suits the country best, without Federal imposed restrictions or favouring.

Believe me, Europe is only a part of their agenda.

And, contrary to opinion, they do NOT want to cease trade with Europe. They merely want to be able to trade with whoever suits the country best, without Federal imposed restrictions or favouring.

Believe me, Europe is only a part of their agenda.

The problem with UKIP is that they want all the benefits of the European Common Market with none of the costs. If UKIP went to the bargaining table with their list of demands, the EU would tell them where to shove it.

Make no mistake, I am no fan of the bureaucracy of Europe, but you have to be realistic. UKIPs only route would be to pull out of the EU because there's no way they would get the kind of deal they want, and that would hurt everyone in the UK. Big businesses would move from London to other major business centres for the benefit of European free trade that would no longer be guaranteed by the UK, European countries could lamp whatever tariff they want on British goods and considering the protectionist stance a lot of governments are taking that would be dangerous.

As with all parties, there are bits that individuals would agree with, and like to see adopted. This applies across the board, including BNP, but of course people are too scared to admit they agree with a policy purely because of the association with said party.

Take the extremism out of each party, and you are probably left with a reasonable set of ideas that would benefit our country, and therefore, its population.

The BNP can create any manifesto they want to crowd-please. Thankfully, they'll never be a major force in the UK. Racist party, end of story. And I loved every second of witnessing that buffoon Nick Griffin squirming on Question Time.

The BNP can create any manifesto they want to crowd-please. Thankfully, they'll never be a major force in the UK. Racist party, end of story. And I loved every second of witnessing that buffoon Nick Griffin squirming on Question Time.

I'm sure some of the members are racist but take a moment to read through their policies and you'll see that they want a lot of things British people want.

That's what I mean mate. They can promise the world because they will never realistically come into power.

I have researched into them and I was attracted to some of their policies, but its all hot wind in my opinion.

Back