• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What’s everyone reading?

Just finished it - thought it was an extraordinary book. Didn't know what it was about before I started reading, and boy did it take me by surprise. Loved her take on the topic. Very well written, so well that I bought two of her older books today.

I felt the same.

I’d read Station Eleven and really enjoyed that.

Apparently the Glass Hotel has some characters from SoT so it kind of ties in.

Just finished reading Utopia for Realists which i did find an interesting and worth read. Whenever i read about universal income it sounds like a great idea, but i would argue it isn't a realistic target.

Currently reading the Twilight of Democracy which i think was recommended by somebody on here

2603F46D-8108-43ED-B7F6-ED9071AC894B.jpeg

Severance - Ling Ma.

Written pre-pandemic, it’s a mid-apocalypse story based on a survivor of “Shen Fever.”

It’s good, an easy read with an interesting take on how work and family relationships are affected by everyday life, and working out means and what’s important.

If you liked Station Eleven then you might well like this.

Just finished reading Utopia for Realists which i did find an interesting and worth read. Whenever i read about universal income it sounds like a great idea, but i would argue it isn't a realistic target.

Currently reading the Twilight of Democracy which i think was recommended by somebody on here
I liked Utopia for Realists though he was preaching to the choir, so to speak. His points on UBI were somewhat counterintuitive to me but he made a compelling argument and changed my mind.

I have Twilight of Democracy in my Kindle account (it was on sale for a couple of euros once!!). I won't get to read it for a bit but I would be interested in what you think of it. I like her writing usually.

I liked Utopia for Realists though he was preaching to the choir, so to speak. His points on UBI were somewhat counterintuitive to me but he made a compelling argument and changed my mind.

I have Twilight of Democracy in my Kindle account (it was on sale for a couple of euros once!!). I won't get to read it for a bit but I would be interested in what you think of it. I like her writing usually.

Twilight of Democracy is definitely worth a read - it is the first book i have read by the author. I found it interesting as it is from a Polish point of view and one i wasn't familiar with, and the subsequent different/diverse paths the authors circle of friends have taken since 2000 help the story.

Currently reading Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman which is interesting enough.

Need to read a novel/some fiction next so will look for a Jack Reacher when next in a charity shop. Or I will just read I Am Pilgrim again in anticipation of the release of the sequel (which will probably be delayed...again).

Back