• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

If we finish in the top 4 then I'd be expecting a team like:

-------------------- Lloris ---------------------
Walker ----- Kaboul ------ Vertonghen ----- Rose
----------- Sandro ------- Dembele ------------
-- Lennon ---------- Bale ----------- Eriksen ---
------------------- Striker ---------------------

I don't know who the striker would be but it wouldn't be Patinkle Cisse. I wouldn't see there being a massive overhaul and just because AVB played 433 at Porto doesn't mean he's 100% unequivocally going to be playing that system again for the rest of his life. If we don't get CL then you can take Bale and Eriksen out of that team.

I think we should be looking at players like Saleh (Salah?). Hopefully wouldn't cost the earth but could cause havoc in the premier league. I really would like to see us go in for Moutinho again and possibly Remy

-----------------Lloris-------------------
Walker----Kaboul---Vertonghen--Ekotto
------Sandro----Moutinho----Dembele---
----Lennon/Saleh/Remy-----Bale--------
-------------BADASS STRIKER-----------

think we'll see Rose at LB next season and should QPR go down Remy could well be signed (although i reckon it will be a back up option if we don't secure our first choice ST, rather than the wide position you have him down for)

also hope we don't base our future transfers on a couple of games against us in the Europa League . . .

Lloris, Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Rose, Sandro, Dembele, New Playmaker, Bale, Lennon, New BADASS Striker

that's a fairly strong/balanced/complete starting XI - with back up players like : Naughton, Caulker, Dawson, Sigurdsson, Townsend, Holtby - we aren't far away from a bit of strength in depth either Im sure there's others i have missed

I think we should be looking at players like Saleh (Salah?). Hopefully wouldn't cost the earth but could cause havoc in the premier league. I really would like to see us go in for Moutinho again and possibly Remy

-----------------Lloris-------------------
Walker----Kaboul---Vertonghen--Ekotto
------Sandro----Moutinho----Dembele---
----Lennon/Saleh/Remy-----Bale--------
-------------BADASS STRIKER-----------

Saleh is already in talks with Milan according to my Egyptian mate.

If we finish in the top 4 then I'd be expecting a team like:

Walker ----- Kaboul ------ Vertonghen ----- Rose
-- Lennon ---------- Bale ----------- Eriksen ---
------------------- Striker ---------------------

I don't know who the striker would be but it wouldn't be Patinkle Cisse. I wouldn't see there being a massive overhaul and just because AVB played 433 at Porto doesn't mean he's 100% unequivocally going to be playing that system again for the rest of his life. If we don't get CL then you can take Bale and Eriksen out of that team.

100% agree about people's 433 obsession on here.

I'd be happy with

Walker ----- Kaboul ------ Vertonghen ---New left back
-- Lennon ---------- Bale -----------Siggy ---
-----------------Mythical Striker---------------

Shawcross isn't even better than Dawson, let alone Kaboul. Are you nuts? Baines is 28 and would cost close to £20m, that's hardly a move that would happen. Ben Arfa who is fit once every 10 games, Lennon has a better all round impact on a game. Cisse who's scored fewer than Defoe this season? No, I don't like it. That's not to mention moving Bale away(if he's even here next season) from the position he's currently dominating in, I can't see him wanting to move wide again.

Baines is 28 and can play for another 5 years at a good level. He is a left back with 5 goals and 5 assists this season. (More goals than Lennon if you start comparaisons).

I agree about Ben arfa, not consistent enough yet. But still young. Lennon, is exactly the same thing tbh, one good run every two games on his flank and thats it, which is not good enough.

Probably agree with you on Shawcross, but he is very good in the air.

Baines takes penalties. I'm not taking anything away from him, he's a very good left back. But Spurs aren't into the habit of spending £20m on 28yr old left backs. I'm pretty sure Rose will be 1st choice next season, I'm looking forward to seeing him in our side.

Baines is 28 and can play for another 5 years at a good level. He is a left back with 5 goals and 5 assists this season. (More goals than Lennon if you start comparaisons).

I agree about Ben arfa, not consistent enough yet. But still young. Lennon, is exactly the same thing tbh, one good run every two games on his flank and thats it, which is not good enough.

Probably agree with you on Shawcross, but he is very good in the air.

Can you see Levy paying £20m+ for a 28 year old left back?

If we finish in the top 4 then I'm hoping Levy backs AVB with the two big players he wanted in the last two windows:

Walker ----- Kaboul ------ Vertonghen ----- BAE
-----Dembele------ Sandro ------Moutinho------
-- Lennon ----------Leandro ----------- Bale----

Without CL, then we're maybe looking at something like:

Walker ----- Kaboul ------ Vertonghen ----- BAE
-----Dembele------ Sandro ---------Clasie------
-- Lennon ---------Osvaldo ---------Schurrle----

just because AVB played 433 at Porto doesn't mean he's 100% unequivocally going to be playing that system again for the rest of his life.

For me the key indicator that we will be playing it next year is the fact that all our youth teams have apparently now switched to it.

just because AVB played 433 at Porto doesn't mean he's 100% unequivocally going to be playing that system again for the rest of his life

He said last simmer that he wanted to play 4-3-3 but didn't have the right type of players at the moment and also you need time to change formation. I would therefore expect his transfers this summer to be centred on bringing in players who are suited to 4-3-3 and that we'll play this way in friendlies next summer. Our youth teams are already playing 4-3-3 which is a pretty clear sign of his intention

Do we think Holtby and Siggy could ever become permanent fixtures in our starting XI when everyone is fit? I think Holtby could have a big future in our CM. Dembele - Holtby - Sandro could be tasty. Tenacious, but Holtby has a big responsibility to dictate our play.

Lennon is not a front three player and Bale won't want to move wide. It won't happen, and neither will Damiao. I don't even see the fuss with him, his best season he got 14 in 28. Benteke's younger and has 15 in 30 in England. I guess familiarity breeds contempt.

Do we think Holtby and Siggy could ever become permanent fixtures in our starting XI when everyone is fit? I think Holtby could have a big future in our CM. Dembele - Holtby - Sandro could be tasty. Tenacious, but Holtby has a big responsibility to dictate our play.

Definitely. But we still need a ballplayer/recycler as well.

With three CMs there will be plenty of opportunities. Siggy offers us a narrower option in the front 3 as well in CM.

I actually think Holtby will force Dembele out of the side by 14/15.

He said last simmer that he wanted to play 4-3-3 but didn't have the right type of players at the moment and also you need time to change formation. I would therefore expect his transfers this summer to be centred on bringing in players who are suited to 4-3-3 and that we'll play this way in friendlies next summer. Our youth teams are already playing 4-3-3 which is a pretty clear sign of his intention

He did not say that at all. All he said was that he will be continuing with the same system as we'd previously been using. This 433 thing is really strange, it's as though people support a formation more than a football team around here.

Lennon is not a front three player and Bale won't want to move wide. It won't happen, and neither will Damiao. I don't even see the fuss with him, his best season he got 14 in 28. Benteke's younger and has 15 in 30 in England. I guess familiarity breeds contempt.

just because you put Bale out wide on a written down formation doesn't mean that is where he will play.

If we finish in the top 4:

Bale will not play wide
We will not play 433
We will sign Christian Eriksen and Gutter Boy will cry about how he's a crap version of Sigurdsson because he watched two games at Euro 2012 where he didn't perform so well

You can bookmark this ;)

What does it matter what Bale wants and how do you know that's what he wants? Playing wide in a front 3 does not mean hugging the touchline, you're a wide forward, not a winger.

If we finish in the top 4:

Bale will not play wide
We will not play 433
We will sign Christian Eriksen and Gutter Boy will cry about how he's a crap version of Sigurdsson because he watched two games at Euro 2012 where he didn't perform so well

You can bookmark this ;)
quoted :p

i predict 4231 vs 433 will become last seasons 4411 vs 442 vs wonky

can see us going for Eriksen but not so sure he's needed - isn't he an attacking central midfielder? isn't that where we want to be playing Bale?

reckon we'll be lining up :

________Lloris
Walker Verts Kaboul Rose
____Sandro Dembele
____New Playmaker
__Lennon______Bale
____New Forward

It's still wide, ergo further away from the goal than what he would be if he were playing centrally. He still has to track up and down the line helping his full back. Bale doesn't want to do that, he's becoming an egomaniac, he wants to play centrally in a free role, run at players and score tons of goals.

Back