• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What do we need, and how will Levy go about fixing it?

And Chairmen. Hence the persistent chasing of Mourinho eventually to our detriment.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Yep. Thought it would bring trophies.

I can understand it, but in hindsight (greatest weapon in the world) it was wrong.

Yep. Thought it would bring trophies.

I can understand it, but in hindsight (greatest weapon in the world) it was wrong.
COVID IMO had an impact on spending which may have affected the chance for us to back him
And the we dumped him the week of a final

Can't complain the club are doing what i wanted back in may.

We have or will shift players on big wages in the next year.

The big thing will be. Don't make the same mistakes! Bring in the most exciting young talent in the world. On fairly low wages. If they don't work. Sell them and replace.
Have people that want to be here. fudge off the rest.
Wanting to be here is not enough. we can't afford the luxury. We need to be more ruthless and get rid of those who don't improve and increase their value.

Easier said than done though if we don't have Europe or not look like winning things. Until then perhaps being a stepping stone club developing players into 100m superstars for clubs like Real Madrid or Bayern is the way.

Wanting to be here is not enough. we can't afford the luxury. We need to be more ruthless and get rid of those who don't improve and increase their value.

Easier said than done though if we don't have Europe or not look like winning things. Until then perhaps being a stepping stone club developing players into 100m superstars for clubs like Real Madrid or Bayern is the way.

Not sure how we can be more ruthless? You need clubs taking them off our hands.

The only other alternative is to cancel contracts, which is the opposite of ruthless. It just encourages fringe players to be brick so they can get their contracts paid in full.

Reactions: DTA
It's like more aggressive investing...knowing when to cut loss so that whatever can be salvaged can be put into potential gains. As opposed to sitting on losses and hoping for a an upswing.

As an example Dier at his prime representing England we should have moved him on.

Liverpool has been quite good at this. Media bigging up some player that they sign only to be sold next season - at a profit!

Perhaps another method is to sell cheap but with sell on clause. That way we the immediate buyer can afford the transfer and we gain if our original valuation was correct.

Last edited:
By that logic, we should be selling a bunch of players now? Bentancur? Romero?
Maybe next season we should. You leverage what we have now versus a younger or underappreciated player. It's shop floor trading.

Maybe next season we should. You leverage what we have now versus a younger or underappreciated player. It's shop floor trading.

Please no, the wailing and gnashing of teeth on here would be biblical if we did that

It's like more aggressive investing...knowing when to cut loss so that whatever can be salvaged can be put into potential gains. As opposed to sitting on losses and hoping for a an upswing.

As an example Dier at his prime representing England we should have moved him on.

Liverpool has been quite good at this. Media bigging up some player that they sign only to be sold next season - at a profit!

Perhaps another method is to sell cheap but with sell on clause. That way we the immediate buyer can afford the transfer and we gain if our original valuation was correct.
If we sold Dier at the time though when we were on the upwards curve… our fans would have had kittens
It’s why the philosophy needs to be clear
Every player is for sale
Every player is replaceable
Make that clear and show progress and fans will buy into it

If we sold Dier at the time though when we were on the upwards curve… our fans would have had kittens
Every player is for sale

Exactly, we all as fans sway all over the shop, I do it, I admit it, many maybe won't but on reflection you don't expect the club to act like fans would. You have given a classic example, others would be Reggie, he started like a steam train and I am sure if you read back on here there was uproar that we agreed a buy back with Real and a panic they would activate it, fast forward a couple of years and the narratives changed. Thats football and the nature of the beast, but its why when it comes to the crunch, the idea fans and individuals would do better running the club holds little weight IMO

Exactly, we all as fans sway all over the shop, I do it, I admit it, many maybe won't but on reflection you don't expect the club to act like fans would. You have given a classic example, others would be Reggie, he started like a steam train and I am sure if you read back on here there was uproar that we agreed a buy back with Real and a panic they would activate it, fast forward a couple of years and the narratives changed. Thats football and the nature of the beast, but its why when it comes to the crunch, the idea fans and individuals would do better running the club holds little weight IMO
Reggie
We hope Madrid don’t come back in because he is amazing

Please no, the wailing and gnashing of teeth on here would be biblical if we did that
I'm completely and utterly down for selling of any player that it is ultimately in our overall interest to do so. I don't believe in the notion that players are irreplaceable. Maybe not exactly like for like, but evert players can be compensated for if you built your squad well.

So yes the likes of Son, Romeo, Bentancur etc should all be up for consideration for sale if and it's a massive if, that sale then makes sense. Sense might be we have an alternative coming through who can perform to a similar level or we have identified an outside source who do the same but for less. It's what the successful clubs do. There is no good reason we don't also.

Every player is for sale
This is a weak argument. Levy does not care what the fans think. When we don't buy a single player for 18 months. He didn't care when he sold Berbatov on the last day of the window and replaced him with Fraser Campbell. Did Levy care what the fans thought when he sacked by far the most popular coach in Poch he had ever had? So why would he be worried now when some fans complain about selling Dier (at the time)? Nope.

I've said it loads of times the fans won't give a fudge if the player who replaces him is up to par or even better. Look at this season, no one's even really complaining or talking about Kane because we are playing good football and still scoring goals.

The fans will complain sure, but they will get over it incredibly quickly and frankly the board don't give a brick what the fans think anyway so they should just do what is best for the club (as they think they are doing anyway).

I'm completely and utterly down for selling of any player that it is ultimately in our overall interest to do so. I don't believe in the notion that players are irreplaceable. Maybe not exactly like for like, but evert players can be compensated for if you built your squad well.

So yes the likes of Son, Romeo, Bentancur etc should all be up for consideration for sale if and it's a massive if, that sale then makes sense. Sense might be we have an alternative coming through who can perform to a similar level or we have identified an outside source who do the same but for less. It's what the successful clubs do. There is no good reason we don't also.

It's way too early to say anything for certain but it looks like there can be life without (arguably) the best striker in the world.

This is a weak argument. Levy does not care what the fans think. When we don't buy a single player for 18 months. He didn't care when he sold Berbatov on the last day of the window and replaced him with Fraser Campbell. Did Levy care what the fans thought when he sacked by far the most popular coach in Poch he had ever had? So why would he be worried now when some fans complain about selling Dier (at the time)? Nope.

I've said it loads of times the fans won't give a fudge if the player who replaces him is up to par or even better. Look at this season, no one's even really complaining or talking about Kane because we are playing good football and still scoring goals.

The fans will complain sure, but they will get over it incredibly quickly and frankly the board don't give a brick what the fans think anyway so they should just do what is best for the club (as they think they are doing anyway).

It’s really not
I mean you could trawl through here and see the players that now everyone thinks we should have sold… but didn’t… and how those views have flipped

I do agree fans will get over it quick… if the outcome is good and decent. But if it’s more rebuilding or more or something perceived as negative the fall back will be “we pay the highest prices in the world, so we should have the best in the world”
It’s the standard answer

It's way too early to say anything for certain but it looks like there can be life without (arguably) the best striker in the world.
Of course there is
It’s about the 11 we put out and the man in charge
The club has to make sure that we are not reliant on one man again
It’s a weakness that hurts teams and clubs long term

It’s really not
I mean you could trawl through here and see the players that now everyone thinks we should have sold… but didn’t… and how those views have flipped

I do agree fans will get over it quick… if the outcome is good and decent. But if it’s more rebuilding or more or something perceived as negative the fall back will be “we pay the highest prices in the world, so we should have the best in the world”
It’s the standard answer

Yeh agree with this

I mean I don't think Levy cares what the fans think to a point, conversely I think he cares about the club though more than people give him credit for though and hence the decisions he makes.

But that's by the by, the idea that the fans would support selling star players or even call it right themselves (as you say as proven in the past)...I'm not so sure TBH

Yeh agree with this

I mean I don't think Levy cares what the fans think to a point, conversely I think he cares about the club though more than people give him credit for though and hence the decisions he makes.

But that's by the by, the idea that the fans would support selling star players or even call it right themselves (as you say as proven in the past)...I'm not so sure TBH
Fans would burn effigies of him
Kane being sold is only being tolerated because most realise the club had no option and we have had a great start
If it was a cramp start the mood would be very different

The deadline for submitting the 25 man squad for the PL is tomorrow. Do we think the likes of Lloris and Dier will be included in the squad given they have been left out entirely of the match day squads so far?

Back