• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What do we need, and how will Levy go about fixing it?

Simple

Let Munn - DOF and Manager handle the footballing affairs

Levy along with Todd Kline handle commercial and therefore create the finances for the above the manage in the footballing sphere.

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

That was always in the plan, worst kept secret in the world, probably would have happened already of not for Covid.

Zero chance you build a second pitch, second changing rooms, media rooms, consult NFL during building, for 2-3 games a season

I think even with COVID it was/is going to take a while to get it over the line, doubt they'd do an expansion team, not sure any of the existing teams are in a position to be moved or merged into a London based team either.

Reckon a Superbowl before 2030 might be doable.

When was the last time we made a bid for Mbappe?

Do you think he should? Then wait for the rest of the football world to take the tinkle out of us when we get knocked back. If in our past we had signed some decent defenders instead of shiny overseas strikers we might have built a team good enough to encourage that type of player to join.

Based on his history of foootballing decisions, by taking 3 months to appoint Brendan Rogers; by offering Dier and Davies new contracts; and by making a £10 million offer for Maddison two hours before he goes to Arsenal for £45 million.

Well that will make a lot of people happy.

Do you think he should? Then wait for the rest of the football world to take the tinkle out of us when we get knocked back. If in our past we had signed some decent defenders instead of shiny overseas strikers we might have built a team good enough to encourage that type of player to join.

Was it too easy to make that initial post and get a reaction?

When Poch was manager we were at our highest point in European standing but in term of attracting the best talent we were behind:
Barcelona
Real Madrid
PSG
Juventus
Chelsea
Liverpool
Emirates Marketing Project
Man Utd
Woolwich
Bayern Munich

For various reasons to expect us to sign a recognised "world class" player would be virtually impossible, but not an unreasonable proposition to some of our fans, I love this club but I do accept somethings are beyond us and live a happier life by doing so.

Core -> Romero, Royal, Son, Kane, Bentancu, Deki, Richi, Skipp, PEH, Bissouma
To evaluate -> Sarr, Gil, Udogie, Spence, Danjuma, Lenglet, Porro
? -> Perisic, Davies, Forster (I assume we keep as backup GK)
Path to 1st team plan -> Scarlett, Devine and a couple of others (some we buy)
Move on -> Ndombele, Lo Celso, Rodon, Winks, Reguilon, Sess, Sanchez, Tanganga, Dier, Lloris

If you look at that, you have about 19 players you could work with and evaluate, 10 you have to move on, probably 6-7 required coming in (GK, CB x2/x3, CM, LWB)

DoF/Manager need to agree that this is the model, and while we can probably make changes to those groups by one or two (a specific player out or in), this is it, with a plan to improve over next 2-4 windows aligned.
I think that's about right, but I would put Davies and Forster in the core squad (i.e. no nonsense, know what you're getting). I also think you'd only need 3 quality additions, GK, CB and ACM.

I can't stand the sport but he needs to work on getting an NFL team based at the ground. Because an extra 30m 9 times a season is 270m. Half of that onto the existing transfer budget and we can become Emirates Marketing Project.
That would be nice, but it presupposes that the NFL team is making money and not losing money. Which I believe almost all NFL teams do, but I don't think the amounts are what you are quoting. It's more in the $100-140 million range for the majority of NFL franchises and that's operating income, so need to deduct taxes etc. But it still might give us an extra $50 million to invest in the football team (the proper football team). However, before we even get there, there's the cost of buying a franchise. The "cheapest" NFL franchises right now are the Detroit Lions and Cincinnati Bengals at $3 billion. An expansion franchise would probably cost about the same. So the question is where is this amount going to be financed out of and it is very likely that the NFL team's profits will be going towards that. Which would leave peanuts for the football team.

I used to think that getting an NFL team would really boost our financial position, but it will take a very long time for that to happen. It will boost ENIC's portfolio, however, which is why it would make sense to them to pursue it. As long as it is not to the detriment of the football club (which I don't think it will even come close to being), then that's perfectly fine. But it's not going to be to the benefit of Spurs anytime soon.

A lot to unpack in that

First piece, yes agree, it's an odd flaw to highlight as mostly Levy has played the long game. I'm not as concerned with some around how many managers, I am concerned with style/type switch inbetween, stay consistent and it doesn't matter if the manager is there 3 years or 6.

Second piece is a given, we have more money now, but we are still going to need to develop some players alongside the expensive buys. And fudge the managers that could give a brick about the club (it adds to the toxicity)

Re DoF, I actually like the concept of Levy -> Munn -> DoF -> Manager, hopefully that leaves us a little less vulnerable to a single change in any of the pieces

Time, sorry mate, the issue here isn't Levy, huge number of posters on this board will answer "they have had 20 years", and new owners would get even less time. Social media/Sky/BT/etc have destroyed what fans perceive themselves as, entertain me, give me bragging rights over my mates or it's my right to brick on everything constantly. This season I've heard City fans boo their team at HT, I've heard our away fans outsing Anfield while we were fudging losing .. wtf?

New owners don't come into it, we are talking about levy.
Time for what choice he makes to work.
If he goes down the route of project manager and he feels it isn't working and bins the manager, don't bin the project as well.
Jumping from poch to jose for instance.
That isn't going to work.

Short term: ransack Chelsea this summer.

Medium term: try and increase (double) the typical tenancy of his managers.

Longer term: plan for the sale of the club to the highest bidder when the real estate development project is completed and all potential income streams nicely tapped.

Can't complain the club are doing what i wanted back in may.

We have or will shift players on big wages in the next year.

The big thing will be. Don't make the same mistakes! Bring in the most exciting young talent in the world. On fairly low wages. If they don't work. Sell them and replace.
Have people that want to be here. fudge off the rest.

The big thing will be. Don't make the same mistakes! Bring in the most exciting young talent in the world. On fairly low wages. If they don't work. Sell them and replace.
This the model we should have always followed and its what many of us have criticised ENIC and Levy for not doing. Finally we are back on the only path that makes any sense for Tottenham Hotspur to follow.

Agreed.
At first it is really exciting to give out large wages for big names... but when things turn sour you are left with an unsellable plonker on the books. Much safer to reign in the big wages and find the RIGHT players who are willing to run through a wall for the opportunity, not for the wage.

We need a philosophy
One that’s understood by every stakeholder
And one that we stick with
Do we wanna be a Dortmund/Red Bull type of club… which he what id like personally
Or do we wanna be a buy big club
Or do we only want players from the same area like some clubs do
I mean there are many ways to pick and stuck with a philosophy
But we need that and it needs to be from above
Everything else follows that

Back