• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wesley Sneider

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Wesley Sneijder Agrees Personal Terms with Spurs

Well I refuse to believe it's true until I see Sneijder holding up a Spurs shirt on the official site.

But having said that, I think there's a pretty good chance this might actually happen.

or that we're desperate for a creative spark and he wants out?

obviously we need a creative spark - i was replying to you asking why we let Rafa go.

of course we may have just let him go because we thought Sigurdsson was ready for the first team (don't think we had signed, or looked like signing, Dempsey at that point) but i doubt that tbh

That would be the best christmas present ever BUT I doubt it BUT I also agree with THFC that its not improbable that it could happen.

Would there be a transfer fee involved? If not I could see us paying the 12m euros a season.

This just doesnt make sense.

Is it really a better deal than Moutinho? Really? I am unsure.

Wow, that would be a coup if true. Which it probably isn't. And if it is, he wouldn't put pen to paper until January 31st anyway, so we're in for a long wait.

Too old
Too slow
Too bald
Always injured
Not as good looking as Rafa

Now we've got that out of the way. Welcome to Spurs, Wesley :-"

Too old
Too slow
Too bald
Always injured
Not as good looking as Rafa

Now we've got that out of the way. Welcome to Spurs, Wesley :-"

I asked before - would he be a better deal than Moutinho? I doubt it. Id still rather Moutinho

I asked before - would he be a better deal than Moutinho? I doubt it. Id still rather Moutinho

Well it depends on whether you think we need a "Modric" or a "VDV" more.

he would provide more creativity/goals in the final 3rd than Mouthino, who plays a bit deeper. going in to the future though Mouthino would obviously be the better option if we plan on playing 433.

id hazard a guess that Sneijder would have a bigger impact in the second half of this season than Mouthino, due to what we currently lack

Well it depends on whether you think we need a "Modric" or a "VDV" more.

Definitely a Modric.

Did we not buy Dempsey and Sig who people said would play in that hole?

We havent replaced Modric. I just dont think Moutinho is probable for January. So not sure if we intend to get both if rumours of Sneijder are true. Then where would that leave the likes of Sig or Dempsey

Definitely a Modric.

Did we not buy Dempsey and Sig who people said would play in that hole?

We havent replaced Modric. I just dont think Moutinho is probable for January. So not sure if we intend to get both if rumours of Sneijder are true. Then where would that leave the likes of Sig or Dempsey

Dempsey as cover for Bale
Sig cover for Sneijder

noting that the all important agreement between clubs hasn't be made and this announcement is premature, and somewhat putting the cart before the horse, maybe its the other way around - spurs using sneidjer to land other players :)

Dempsey as cover for Bale
Sig cover for Sneijder

I still want Moutinho and still think we would get Moutinho in the summer. grrrrrrr

Like Metal Gear says - still agreement with Inter - so there is a fee involved just depends how much.

but if we're trying to sign Sneijder then why didn't we just keep Rafa?

At the time i thought selling VDV was fine if we meant we'd be targetting younger players and AVB's quotes when he first came excited me but this doesn't seem like a very planned out signing.

He wanted to take his family back to Germany and the club let him.

This just doesnt make sense.

Is it really a better deal than Moutinho? Really? I am unsure.

i suppose it depends which way we look at it, imo Sneijder is a much better player and would be the creative player we lack since the selling of Modric.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back