• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wesley Sneider

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all honesty. Sneijder is the sort of guy we need to push on for fourth, an inspired signing if I ever saw one.

On the one hand, I think about the facts; he's 28, he's injury-prone, he'll want a better wage, and he's likely using us to get a better deal from United or someone.

But then I think; fudge it, he's fudging Wesley Sneijder......and my objectiveness disappears, to be replaced with a child-like feeling of excitement I haven't had since Rafa signed for us two years ago.

It would definitely beat the fudging sun-tan lotion some berk got me for Christmas, at the very least. Honestly, in the build-up to fudging winter, with little icicles hanging merrily on my window ledges....

But yes, Wesley Sneijder, fudge yeah. Please let this be true.

Cracking post!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wesley_Sneijder

He has not played that much this year but is that due to injuries or him not being picked for other reasons?

However "respected" journalists like buying nice things just like the unrespected journos so I would think it is 70/30 this is the opening gambit of a game involving bigger spending clubs.

VDV was 27 when he signed for us, had tracing paper hamstrings, the lung capacity of a baby, and even looked like he was towing a caravan once the 60 minute mark but boy when he was here, he brought us that big game mentality and was a joy to watch. Sneijder would be no different in regards to big game mentality. He's a CL winner ffs and has played for some of the best clubs in the world.

VDV was 27 when he signed for us, had tracing paper hamstrings, the lung capacity of a baby, and even looked like he was towing a caravan once the 60 minute mark but boy when he was here, he brought us that big game mentality and was a joy to watch. Sneijder would be no different in regards to big game mentality. He's a CL winner ffs and has played for some of the best clubs in the world.

Good point. If VDV had never played for us I would have immediately dismissed this report about WS.

Cracking post!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wesley_Sneijder

He has not played that much this year but is that due to injuries or him not being picked for other reasons?

However "respected" journalists like buying nice things just like the unrespected journos so I would think it is 70/30 this is the opening gambit of a game involving bigger spending clubs.

Sums up everything that makes my head groan at my heart's stupidity. You are most likely absolutely right, sir. :(

Still, hope is nothing if not morbidly persistent. Christmas and all that. :)

edit; to answer your question, I believe he's embroiled in a contract dispute with Inter, and Mario Branca, Inter's transfer honcho, has gone on record as saying that Sniejder would not be involved with the first team until he signed a new deal.

Last edited:
Would love to see a player of Sneijder' calibre sign for us but sadly I expect that we are once again being used by an agent looking to find his client a fatter contract.

Tottenham Wesley Sneijder talk hots up | Football News | ESPN.co.uk

Tottenham could be set for a major boost in the January transfer window after reports in Italy claimed Inter Milan midfielder Wesley Sneijder has agreed terms on a move.
Sneijder, 28, has been out of the Inter first-team for three-months, with Nerazzurri head coach Andrea Stramaccioni insisting the Dutchman's absence from his team is a tactical decision, while others at the club have suggested it is because he has not signed a new deal.
With the situation looking increasingly unsure, reports have moved Tottenham to the head of the queue if the London club can agree a fee - believed to be around £12 million.
Sniejder starred at the 2010 World Cup and was an integral part of the Inter side that swept to an unprecedented treble under Jose Mourinho that season, while his friend and countryman Rafael van der Vaart revealed in the summer that he would be happy to move to the Premier League.
"Of course he would like to play in England, it's the biggest league in the world," Van der Vaart said of Sneijder in the summer. "He is a good friend of mine and we have contact almost every day. He knows what to expect in the Premier League."
Andre Villas-Boas has been tracking Portuguese compatriot Joao Moutinho to fill the attacking hole at Spurs, but the Porto midfielder's high price has prevented an agreement and saw a move collapse at the end of the summer window.

I'm going to just let myself believe this for a while. Lloris signed, Van der Vaart signed who's to say Sneijder won't?
We're fudging spurs, never a dull moment.

i believe the reason he hasn't been playing much this season is because he refused to sign a reduced wage contract for Inter - not for injury problems. he's on 190k p/w apparently

i can't quite see us being able to work a deal out with him but you never know with Levy - Inter want to get him off the wage bill so maybe there is a deal to be made similar to that of the Adebayor deal where City still pay a proportion of his wage. we shall see

but he would certainly fits the bill in terms of what we are missing atm

merry christmas btw :p

but if we're trying to sign Sneijder then why didn't we just keep Rafa?

At the time i thought selling VDV was fine if we meant we'd be targetting younger players and AVB's quotes when he first came excited me but this doesn't seem like a very planned out signing.

but if we're trying to sign Sneijder then why didn't we just keep Rafa?
At the time i thought selling VDV was fine if we meant we'd be targetting younger players and AVB's quotes when he first came excited me but this doesn't seem like a very planned out signing.

I dont think we'll ever know for sure, but was his wife wanting to move back to Germany a major factor in the move? Again only an assumption

btw, would love to see WS in a Spurs shirt, that would be a nice present off Daniel

He's good mates with Rafa, which might work in our favour.

Would be a lot like the Rafa signing in many ways (the pair have been spoken about in the same breath for most of their careers).

At the 2010 WC and when he inspired Inter to their CL win that season, he was arguably the best player in the world (Xavi and Iniesta probably still edged him, but it was close).

i believe the reason he hasn't been playing much this season is because he refused to sign a reduced wage contract for Inter - not for injury problems. he's on 190k p/w apparently

i can't quite see us being able to work a deal out with him but you never know with Levy - Inter want to get him off the wage bill so maybe there is a deal to be made similar to that of the Adebayor deal where City still pay a proportion of his wage. we shall see

but he would certainly fits the bill in terms of what we are missing atm

merry christmas btw :p

@tancredipalmeri: Here the big market news:Sneijder agreed deal with Tottenham,and ready to move London asap.Waiting for Inter and Spurs to agree terms

Italian CNN and Gazzetta reporter says the player has agreed a deal, assume therefore the wages isn't an issue. The next step is the fee and Inter want rid. £12m. Or euros. Not sure.

Wesley Sneijder Agrees Personal Terms with Spurs

Respected Italian journalist Tancredi Palmeri has broken some transfer news that will feel like a Christmas present for many Spurs fans this morning.

Palmeri has told TalkSPORT that Tottenham have agreed personal terms with Dutch playmaker Wesley Sneijder who is ready to move to London.

Sneijder is now waiting for Spurs and Inter Milan to agree terms with a deal of around 12 million euros set to be completed early in the transfer window.

This would be seen as a major coup for Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy as Sneijder has long been linked with a move to England to sign for Manchester United.

Most recently, Russian giants Anzhi were also linked with the classy former Ajax and Real Madrid midfielder. Sneijder, according to Palmeri, sees Spurs as a rising team and is eager to play in the Premier League.

Sneijder, 28, has not played for Inter Milan for three months due to a dispute with the Nerazzurri which was reportedly over his refusal to take a pay cut.

Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas has been keen to add creativity to his side after coming close to signing Joao Moutinho at the end of the summer transfer window.

he is just a journalist though right? i think all the reports elsewhere are based on the one piece of info from this Palermi fella

until i hear something official then there is always the chance this guy is jumping the gun a little

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back