• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wembley 2017/18

WIll be interesting to see the separate announcement on funding. Hopefully they'll be somewhat transparent

For all the plaudits rained on our manager (and believe me, I think he is capable of emulating Bill Nicholson) we've really hit the jackpot with Levy/Lewis.

And this from someone who hated him for the way he treated Martin Jol.......... (and still does a little bit if I'm honest but credit where it's due)

Why does it matter

If we can afford to pay for it however it's done and we can still progress, who cares??

Why? Partly because my background is in Finance so I'm interested in it(!) but, more relating it to Spurs, there's so much noise in the media about how bankrupt we're going to be for the next decade or two that you could imagine that it might make players question joining Spurs because they'd be worried about whether we could continue to buy players and be competitive. I trust Levy completely but would be nice to not have that noise around the club

For all the plaudits rained on our manager (and believe me, I think he is capable of emulating Bill Nicholson) we've really hit the jackpot with Levy/Lewis.

And this from someone who hated him for the way he treated Martin Jol.......... (and still does a little bit if I'm honest but credit where it's due)

Exactly my feelings. Love Levy, think he's done a truly exceptional (and exceptionally under-appreciated) job for us and without him, I shudder to think where we might be. But the Jol episode will never leave me. My feelings for the club have never been quite the same since that happenend, sadly...

Why? Partly because my background is in Finance so I'm interested in it(!) but, more relating it to Spurs, there's so much noise in the media about how bankrupt we're going to be for the next decade or two that you could imagine that it might make players question joining Spurs because they'd be worried about whether we could continue to buy players and be competitive. I trust Levy completely but would be nice to not have that noise around the club

Well there is the problem, why believe all the flimflam the papers say.

We will have to borrow money to build it but we will also have a significantly increased revenue

People are comparing this with when Arsenal did there ground but forgetting that we already get more mine than they did at the time and the borrowing rates now are lower

I know the new ground will cost more but virtually every corporate seat has sold and that's where the real money is

If our interest payments are £5m a year it's nothing in football terms .... and we can manage the capital element to suit us as needed

We will have to borrow money to build it but we will also have a significantly increased revenue

People are comparing this with when Arsenal did there ground but forgetting that we already get more mine than they did at the time and the borrowing rates now are lower

I know the new ground will cost more but virtually every corporate seat has sold and that's where the real money is

If our interest payments are £5m a year it's nothing in football terms .... and we can manage the capital element to suit us as needed

Arsenal currently have their repayments down to £20m a year.

The main fudge up Arsenal made where terrible long term deals with Emirates.
The Emirates deal was worth £90 million, covering 15 years of stadium naming rights (£42 million) running until 2020/21 and 8 years of shirt sponsorship (£48 million) until 2013/14.

I have no doubt Levy will get a great deal. The extra naming rights money we'll get from the stadium being an NFL stadium as well as football is a masterstroke by Levy.
He'll be looking for something around £25m a year (Arsenal's is £6m a year)

Interest payments wouldnt be £5m, unless the debt financing is a very low proportion of the build cost, which I struggle to think it would be. Say there's £300m-£400m of debt and we're paying say a 7% interest rate, thats £21m - £28m of interest payments per year. To that you could add capital repayments, unless the plan is to keep the debt in place and just refinance it in however many years time

The main fudge up Arsenal made where terrible long term deals with Emirates.
The Emirates deal was worth £90 million, covering 15 years of stadium naming rights (£42 million) running until 2020/21 and 8 years of shirt sponsorship (£48 million) until 2013/14.

I've heard that from other places as well - fixed those amounts at a time when football inflation when rampant

Interest payments wouldnt be £5m, unless the debt financing is a very low proportion of the build cost, which I struggle to think it would be. Say there's £300m-£400m of debt and we're paying say a 7% interest rate, thats £21m - £28m of interest payments per year. To that you could add capital repayments, unless the plan is to keep the debt in place and just refinance it in however many years time

Their won't be
We will owe about £200m

Back