• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wembley 2017/18

I'm guessing it's important for the club to make that decision before the NLD, so they can properly market it as the final NLD at WHL in the build up to the game?

They confirmed on the tour last Friday it would be today

They also had the public notices up for to the demolition works

Maybe this is the thread for it but i thought id look at our Wembley defeats to highlight something I said earlier - we have lost to a high calibre side at Wembley than we generally play in the league. But to evidence that I've got to the stats from the BBC....

Vs Monaco:
They scored with both their shots on target and didn't even get a corner... so 100% of their shots on target counted - 2 from 2
Vs Bayer:
They scored from 50% of there shots on target - 1 from 2
Vs Chelsea
They scored from almost all their shots on target - 5 from 4
Ill add Gent for context..
They scored 2 goals from 1 shot on target

So in those 4 games we have conceded 10 goals from 10 shots on target!!!!!

CSKA even managed 1 goal from 3 shots on target

In every game we were dominant on every other statistic pretty much including possession, corners etc...

We will not play teams that are this clinical much at all in the league next season, and maybe this season its a case of great finishing and bad luck. We did concede some poor goals vs Gent but chelsea and Monaco were great finishes to be fair (other than the pen)

Something I wrote in the Chelsea thread but here is a better place for it

We’ll play all our home games at @WembleyStadium for the 2017/18 season whilst we complete the construction of our new stadium development.

Daniel Levy:

“This marks a momentous day in our club’s history as it is the day we formally agreed the demolition of our beloved White Hart Lane. The Lane means a huge amount to each and every one of us and we needed to gain greater certainty on the delivery of the new stadium before we made the final decision to commence with the decommissioning of our iconic, historic home for some 118 years. We shall ensure that we give the Lane a fitting farewell when we play our last match here on May 14.

Wembley will be our home for a season and then we shall return to what will be one of the best stadiums of its kind and the most unique in the world playing host to NFL games too – a stadium that will be key to our future growth and success. Both on and off the pitch this is an incredibly exciting time in the history of our club.”

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/club-announcement-–-2017/18-season-at-wembley-confirmed-280417/

We can confirm that, following a Board meeting today, we have taken the decision to activate our option with Wembley National Stadium Limited (WNSL) to play all our home games at Wembley Stadium connected by EE for the 2017/18 season whilst we complete the construction of our new stadium development.

In order to reach this decision the Board reviewed the construction programme and future scheduled works programme along with the requisite funding arrangements for the new stadium. An announcement on funding will be made in due course.

Chairman, Daniel Levy, commented, "This marks a momentous day in our Club's history as it is the day we formally agreed the demolition of our beloved White Hart Lane.

“The Lane means a huge amount to each and every one of us and we needed to gain greater certainty on the delivery of the new stadium before we made the final decision to commence with the decommissioning of our iconic, historic home for some 118 years.

'We shall ensure that we give the Lane a fitting farewell when we play our last match here on May 14.

"Wembley will be our home for a season and then we shall return to what will be one of the best stadiums of its kind and the most unique in the world playing host to NFL games too – a stadium that will be key to our future growth and success.

"Both on and off the pitch this is an incredibly exciting time in the history of our Club.

“Our stadium scheme and associated developments represent an unprecedented level of private investment in North London. It has indeed been the kick-start to regeneration that this area of London has so badly needed and it is important that we now see the momentum we have created supported and expanded. Tottenham and its diverse cultures, rocked by two riots in 30 years, deserves to see progress and change.

“We are working hard to deliver greater economic benefits to those living right on our doorstep and to create a place where local communities can study, have new homes, find work and thrive.

“I am particularly proud that this announcement comes in a week that saw yet another Jobs Fair held by the Club - this time for Veterans of the Armed Forces - and that we can also mark this occasion with the announcement that we have to date delivered 1000 jobs as a result of our activities and investment.

“Post the riots in 2011 we committed ourselves to playing our part in the regeneration of Tottenham. The ripple effect from our stadium at the heart of regeneration plans across more than 120 acres is evident.

“I urge the Mayor, TfL and Haringey Council, to support our efforts and to provide a focus on Tottenham to ensure that this incredible opportunity that the stadium brings is maximised for future generations.”

The Club’s announcement of its 1000th job shows that the Club is well on its way to delivering and probably exceeding the original estimate of 3700 jobs being created by this investment. To date, the Club’s commitment to the local area has already seen the delivery of a 130,000 sq.ft. supermarket, a primary and a secondary school. Over 1000 mixed tenure new homes will be delivered by the Club by the time all the phases of construction are completed. The agreement to bring the NFL to Tottenham will drive further socio-economic benefits and bring a whole new audience to the area.

Realising it's now for real, that WHL will be demolished in a little over two weeks, sent shivers down my spine.

It will be emotional to see the old lady torn down.

He makes it sound like the new stadium wasn't 100 percent?!?

Maybe I'm misreading

It's 100% that we will have a new stadium but the reservations were around whether it would be ready to move into it at the start of the 2018/2019 season : that was the uncertainty as the club have maintained that we will only have one season away. So they would have deferred that season away if there were sufficient doubts about the schedule for the build completion.
I think.

It's 100% that we will have a new stadium but the reservations were around whether it would be ready to move into it at the start of the 2018/2019 season : that was the uncertainty as the club have maintained that we will only have one season away. So they would have deferred that season away if there were sufficient doubts about the schedule for the build completion.
I think.

Makes sense!

Back