• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wembley 2017/18

in my experience (every NFL game, assorted gigs and one off football matches), getting back to zone 1 on the tube is way quicker from wembley than WHL

Getting back to zone 1?

Well from WHL it's 10 minutes walk from the ground, 6 minutes to seven sisters and 4 stops on the udneground IIRC

At Wembley you can que for an hour just to get on the platform and that's a regular occurrence

Getting back to zone 1?

Well from WHL it's 10 minutes walk from the ground, 6 minutes to seven sisters and 4 stops on the udneground IIRC

At Wembley you can que for an hour just to get on the platform and that's a regular occurrence

i've never managed to get on a train at WHL any quicker than at Wembley Park so I walk to 7s which takes longer in my experience

maybe i've just been lucky but i'm normally home from wembley within an hour of leaving my seat

Let's be honest. The new Wembley is a dull fudging stadium. It looks brick (red seats, ffs), the stands are miles away from the pitch, the atmosphere won't be great there (most likely), there are no pubs close to the stadium (not any good ones, anyway), and the whole area feels a bit like ... a shopping mall outside of town type of place. Wembley fudging sucks. :p

i've never managed to get on a train at WHL any quicker than at Wembley Park so I walk to 7s which takes longer in my experience

maybe i've just been lucky but i'm normally home from wembley within an hour of leaving my seat

You must live very central in London
We park at turkey street and can do WHL door to door in 1 hour 15

That's about 50 miles

Wembley takes a couple of hours

You must live very central in London
We park at turkey street and can do WHL door to door in 1 hour 15

That's about 50 miles

Wembley takes a couple of hours

an hour is probably an exaggeration tbh, but it's definitely quicker than WHL, i'm about 20 mins from liverpool street

20 to get on a train
10 to get to baker street
10 to get to LLS
20 to get home

or

3 day march to seven sisters
2 hours to get back to kings cross
40 minute walk from victoria to circle line
5 to LLS
20 to home

well time is relative after all

Let's be honest. The new Wembley is a dull fudging stadium. It looks brick (red seats, ffs), the stands are miles away from the pitch, the atmosphere won't be great there (most likely), there are no pubs close to the stadium (not any good ones, anyway), and the whole area feels a bit like ... a shopping mall outside of town type of place. Wembley fudging sucks. :p

Serious relegation fears?

Eh??? You been Wembley???

Wembley ques start at the stadium on Wembley way

At Tottenham you have them starting at the old pub after the garages and the trains are very frequent
I was at Wembley for the Gent game. Walked out, walked down to Wembley Central and got right on the train. Took less than 30 minutes. 3 days later the queue at WHL went all the way from Love lane, through Mosell St and all the way to high street! Took an hour to reach the platform. And it won't get better with twice the capacity, even when the station gets expanded.

But on the very, very bright side, we only have to live with that for one season. Spam fans have that forever more. Lots of lols :D

I really didn't like Wembley for the CL games this season (although Gent seemed a bit better). I think it's the accoustics at Wembley where the sound doesn't travel. I don't think there was a lack of support or noise, it just kind of evaporated. It was much better for the semi final - but then we were all in one half of the stadium.
I think being there every other week next season we will find a way to make it our own.

Wembley is a bit of a pain, timewise,for me. I live in Essex and it takes about an hour and twenty minutes by public transport to WHL. From last year's experience Wembley is a good 2 hours each way, But that's not the end of the world for one season.
I stay till the end of each game (as do most fans) and wait for the players to leave the pitch before I leave the ground. That's my choice, and it sometimes means the queuing at the stsrion is a bit longer than if I left the ground earlier. But Wembley is exasperated by that long, slow, stop-start shuffle from the stadium up to Wembley Park stsrion. There's no way to walk faster than anyone else or weave in and out of the crowd. It's just shuffle shuffle shuffle all the way. Painfully slow.
But... it's one season. It could have been a season at MIlton Keynes. It could have been a lifetime at Stratford. With that in mind, Wembley is bearable.

I was at Wembley for the Gent game. Walked out, walked down to Wembley Central and got right on the train. Took less than 30 minutes. 3 days later the queue at WHL went all the way from Love lane, through Mosell St and all the way to high street! Took an hour to reach the platform. And it won't get better with twice the capacity, even when the station gets expanded.

You use Wembley Central not Wembley Park
station which makes more sense now

The majority of people use Wembley Park and that's where you get all the ques

You use Wembley Central not Wembley Park
station which makes more sense now

The majority of people use Wembley Park and that's where you get all the ques
I've used Wembley Park as well. Not much difference. It's just a slow walk to the station and you get on the train. Took 30-40 minutes

I've used Wembley Park as well. Not much difference. It's just a slow walk to the station and you get on the train. Took 30-40 minutes

Mate you must be the only person who has ever managed that

They even have boards and signs to stop you along the way

Ive seen zombies move faster

Mate you must be the only person who has ever managed that

They even have boards and signs to stop you along the way

Ive seen zombies move faster

I've probably been to Wembley 20+ times and have never queued for an hour to get on a train at Wembley Park afterwards.

Can feel like forever when waiting, but it's never been more than half an hour of actually queuing.

Until I started using Northumberland Park for WHL, the time from leaving my seat to sitting on the tube/train was always longer than Wembley.

Last edited:
an hour is probably an exaggeration tbh, but it's definitely quicker than WHL, i'm about 20 mins from liverpool street

20 to get on a train
10 to get to baker street
10 to get to LLS
20 to get home

or

3 day march to seven sisters
2 hours to get back to kings cross
40 minute walk from victoria to circle line
5 to LLS
20 to home

well time is relative after all

Walk to Stadium, 10 mins
Northumberland Park (when open) to Liverpool Street, 18 mins
Liverpool St to Chelmsford, 35 mins

Wembley seat to Wembley Way 15 mins
Wembley Way, 45 - 60 mins
Tube to Liverpool St, 30 mins

In no way is it quicker for me personally it's nothing but a ball ache

Walk to Stadium, 10 mins
Northumberland Park (when open) to Liverpool Street, 18 mins

Wembley seat to Wembley Way 15 mins
Wembley Way, 45 - 60 mins
Tube to Liverpool St, 30 mins

In no way is it quicker for me personally it's nothing but a ball ache
Add Braintree onto that for me and it's more of a ballache!

Wembley Central for all my Wembley trips last year. Especially as it links into Clapham Jct....cutting out central London altogether.

60k, 90k it doesn't matter....when that size crowd are leaving all at once, there will be queues'.

IMO when the new glory lane is open there will be more reason to hang about after the game having a drink in the new bars or in your usual watering hole.

The walk to seven sisters gets moaned about but at least it thins the crowd out....Don't think I've ever been in a queue there.

Having transport points right on the doorstep will lead to chaos just because of the sheer numbers.

Unless you have to get back for something important why don't you just go for a drink or a bite to eat at Wembley? An hour after the game and you can walk straight in to the station and on to the platform with no queuing whatsoever - done that for all our European games and was home before 12, living in South London

Unless you have to get back for something important why don't you just go for a drink or a bite to eat at Wembley? An hour after the game and you can walk straight in to the station and on to the platform with no queuing whatsoever - done that for all our European games and was home before 12, living in South London
Yeah but people wouldn't then be able to moan about it.:)

Back