• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wembley 2017/18

Like you i can not speak for others but i would say they wanted a season ticket so they could watch their team Spurs. Not to pick and choose where they watch them.

I agree you buy a ticket to see Spurs and we as fans have no control over who plays for us but we accept that

I do think we should have been given an option as to where we play though as we're the guys that fill it

The anology that @mephitis has said is spot on in my book

We have to suffer one season with no choice and still have no idea what's in store for the new ground

I've brought tickets for concerts before at Wembley funny enough and the got cancelled as the ground wasn't finished
I was given the option of money back and no harm done or for my ticket to be used at a new venue TBC - so I took my Money back as I specifically wanted to go to Wembley to see that band. That's what I paid for not the other venue

This is nothing like that as the choice factor simply isn't there due to the supply and demand issue and the fact the club can exploit our loyalty

I'm one of the lucky ones in that my season tciket has been sold so I can pick and choose games i wants to go to but my mates on the waiting list have to buy one at Wembley or risk being jumped over in the cue. My mates have been going when we were brick.... they just go for the craic and now we're a great side there are plenty who have joined the band wagon (and will fudge off when times get hard again). The ckub couldn't care about those fans that saw us lose to Saudi Sportswashing Machine away midweek in the rain a long time ago wen they have fans who only Want to Sonny play now. It's the way football is going here and it's why German football is light years ahead as it's all about the fans at every club other than Bayern

And Wembley logictically is IMO miles worse than WHL. Parking is poor, trains form the north are limited and heaving and you have the pleasure of a 15/30 minute walk to get to to your seat

Wembley for me is nearer but will take about an hour longer to get too

People want season tickets

But when you joined the waiting list it was fro WHL wasn't it???

It wasn't for Wembley

I can't get my head round that, I watch/support Spurs. Couldn't care where they play or what they wear. I don't like Wembley but I'll be there, I might not like the new stadium, but I'll go. When you love something you've got to go with it whatever and be prepared to have your heart broke along the way. Anyone who thinks successful football clubs are going to put their fans before money are deluding themselves. It's a take it or leave it situation and it always will be until fans just stay away.

In that case I really am struggling to work out how Wembley is 100 quid a month dearer in travel costs compared to WHL?

As just commentated the general costs of getting up there,it was the same when i came up to WHL but then i could pick and choose when i could come up.

Like i said my aim was to save up in the next 12 months and factor in all the costs(inc travel) ,to get a season ticket,because i was lead to believed my position on the waiting list is for the new stadium,nothing else.....so where in the past years did it state in the bumf we got sent in our glossy membership package that your place gets dictated on buying a season ticket for Wembley .....no where.... and please don't state the club didn't know where they were going when WHL gets knocked down...that should make no difference what so ever, because the club has said buy your membership package and you be on the waiting list for the new stadium or did i miss something??

As just commentated the general costs of getting up there,it was the same when i came up to WHL but then i could pick and choose when i could come up.

Like i said my aim was to save up in the next 12 months and factor in all the costs(inc travel) ,to get a season ticket,because i was lead to believed my position on the waiting list is for the new stadium,nothing else.....so where in the past years did it state in the bumf we got sent in our glossy membership package that your place gets dictated on buying a season ticket for Wembley .....no where.... and please don't state the club didn't know where they were going when WHL gets knocked down...that should make no difference what so ever, because the club has said buy your membership package and you be on the waiting list for the new stadium or did i miss something??

What would have made you think that the waiting list is for the new stadium and nothing else?
The waiting list - as per my understanding - is to get to a stage where you have the opportunity to buy a season ticket to watch Spurs at home. (Wherever that home might be).
You said you joined the waiting list in 2005. What if a ST offer had come up earlier than this season?

I think you also mentioned something about going to the back of the queue if you don't buy a ST for Wembley. That is not my understanding of what happens. You will keep your place in the queue - and will no doubt move a good bit further forward assuming many of those ahead of you take up the offer.
But yes, you won't be guaranteed a seat now for the first season at the new stadium,unless any of this season's STs don't or can't renew or unless the club opens up more STs seats for sale. But you'll still get offered one sooner than someone like me who is further down the list now.

I can't get my head round that, I watch/support Spurs. Couldn't care where they play or what they wear. I don't like Wembley but I'll be there, I might not like the new stadium, but I'll go. When you love something you've got to go with it whatever and be prepared to have your heart broke along the way. Anyone who thinks successful football clubs are going to put their fans before money are deluding themselves. It's a take it or leave it situation and it always will be until fans just stay away.

All very fair comments

I'm reading it as 100 a month if he were to buy a season ticket, not in addition to what it costs him today.
Ah yes.... I think I missed the argument a little... the plan was to save for another year to be ready for a ticket the following season. Apologies there Swansea Spur!.... However saying that - I think Glenda's Legs' comments above are valid.

What position on the waiting list are you by the way Swansea? If you joined the waiting list back in 2005 then I am very surprised that you haven't been offered a season ticket already?

Last edited:
I agree you buy a ticket to see Spurs and we as fans have no control over who plays for us but we accept that

I do think we should have been given an option as to where we play though as we're the guys that fill it

The anology that @mephitis has said is spot on in my book

We have to suffer one season with no choice and still have no idea what's in store for the new ground

I've brought tickets for concerts before at Wembley funny enough and the got cancelled as the ground wasn't finished
I was given the option of money back and no harm done or for my ticket to be used at a new venue TBC - so I took my Money back as I specifically wanted to go to Wembley to see that band. That's what I paid for not the other venue

This is nothing like that as the choice factor simply isn't there due to the supply and demand issue and the fact the club can exploit our loyalty

I'm one of the lucky ones in that my season tciket has been sold so I can pick and choose games i wants to go to but my mates on the waiting list have to buy one at Wembley or risk being jumped over in the cue. My mates have been going when we were brick.... they just go for the craic and now we're a great side there are plenty who have joined the band wagon (and will fudge off when times get hard again). The ckub couldn't care about those fans that saw us lose to Saudi Sportswashing Machine away midweek in the rain a long time ago wen they have fans who only Want to Sonny play now. It's the way football is going here and it's why German football is light years ahead as it's all about the fans at every club other than Bayern

As i have said earlier i do understand your point ( even if i disagree with some of them.)

( I do think we should have been given an option as to where we play though as we're the guys that fill it)

The one above i really disagree with, jésus most fans debate who we should buy, who should be Capt etc etc and to believe that we as fans should dictate where our club play ( for one sodding season) is out there to say the least. We are fans who pay to do something we want to do ( pays yer money takes your choice) we do so to watch our team and to suggest we should also choose where we watch them is just foolish ( imo).

( My mates have been going when we were brick.... they just go for the craic and now we're a great side there are plenty who have joined the band wagon (and will fudge off when times get hard again). The ckub couldn't care about those fans that saw us lose to Saudi Sportswashing Machine away midweek in the rain a long time ago wen they have fans who only Want to Sonny play now)

This i do agree with, i have been going for over 50 years and during that time i have seen watched more crap then glory. However that is my choice and no one makes me do that. I also agree football is full of glory hunters who as you say will fudge off as soon as we drop down to the crap again ( and we will at times). I have said on here many times i hate the way football has gone ( Sky, supporting the armchair support over the fans who travel up and down the country to watch their team, the money in the game is obscene, i could go on but i am sure you feel pretty much the same)

However i still think that we as fans have a choice and if it gets to the point when i feel that i am no longer in love with my club i will pack it in. But this decision will not have that effect, the club is doing what THEY think is best for our club and i am more then willing to go along with that and i would hope ALL fans would support it as well and not moan because they MAY have to travel further then they usually do.

After all christ its only for ONE season.

Very good post.

Ah yes.... I think I missed the argument a little... the plan was to save for another year to be ready for a ticket the following season. Apologies there Swansea Spur!.... However saying that - I think Glenda's Legs' comments above are valid.

What position on the waiting list are you by the way Swansea? If you joined the waiting list back in 2005 then I am very surprised that you haven't been offered a season ticket already?

At a guess, below 2000, as we have been Bronze since 2006 and we are just over the 2000 mark

If you applied in 2005 that was way before we announced that we were even getting a new stadium. If you wanted a season ticket to watch spurs which is what everyone wanted, they have now given everyone that option. Just saying. If I were on the waiting list and this happened I'd snap their arms off and pay for the season ticket even if it might be a wasted ticket I.e you don't go to many games. This is effectively what I'm doing with mine, 22 years a season ticket holder but to lose out for one season at Wembley, no brainer for me. Don't really see anything wrong with what the club is doing IMO.

Last edited:

I'm about 5900,i missed one year and then worked myself back up over the years. Yes they give me that option for a season ticket......... for Wembley not WHL....with a condition i be top half of the queue for the new stadium then,not in the back end.

I think i'm one of a few on this argument because my circumstances is different from others ,due to my location and finances,i understand where people come from but like i said I'm in the minority on this as a non season ticket holder .

Don't mind Wembley at end of the day suits me better its nearer for me ....and more leg room lol...

How does everyone think they will prioritise seats in the new ground then???

I mean with the new season ticket holders, will they get a first pick for where they sit as much this who have had a ticket for a longer time....

And if they auto allocate like Wembley will they put the old park lane in the Beeb single tier stand...

Will be similar to this process I would think .Original season ticket holders get offered as close to where they were in old whl.Period to change and then new season ticket holders select .

How does everyone think they will prioritise seats in the new ground then???

I mean with the new season ticket holders, will they get a first pick for where they sit as much this who have had a ticket for a longer time....

And if they auto allocate like Wembley will they put the old park lane in the Beeb single tier stand...

Not decided yet it would seem. They plan to start consulting with the Trust late summer/early autumn this year.

I'm about 5900,i missed one year and then worked myself back up over the years. Yes they give me that option for a season ticket......... for Wembley not WHL....with a condition i be top half of the queue for the new stadium then,not in the back end.

I think i'm one of a few on this argument because my circumstances is different from others ,due to my location and finances,i understand where people come from but like i said I'm in the minority on this as a non season ticket holder .

Don't mind Wembley at end of the day suits me better its nearer for me ....and more leg room lol...
I think it's even more weird for you coming from Swansea. Going to wembley vs whl should make absolutely no difference. I'm in Norway and would cut my arm off to get a season ticket. Couldn't care less if the games are at Wembley, whl, manchester or any other place. I'd probably only be able to attend 4-8 games myself, but it would still be worth it. I'm still pulling my hair out for forgetting to renew the membership a last year, meaning I went from <18 000 to >60 000 on the waiting list.

Back