• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wembley 2017/18

I'm one of the first to moan about the price of football, but it's all about market forces and what people will pay. We all have a choice what we do with our money. I've supported this club for nearly 60 years and I have never expected the club to feel the same way about me as I do about the club, there's only one Tottenham Hotspur, but there are plenty of people like me to fill the seats.

Indeed its the same old argument, those who pays their money or not. Everyone has a choice, expensive meals, eurodance records, the latest all singing all dancing phone etc, etc. I spend my money on watching Spurs and if i want to do that i have to pay whatever price they put on its worth, and its the same for what others spend their money on. I have never seen the point in spending fortunes on eating out but some do and that's their choice.

As for those who find Wembley to far away from WHL and moan about having to go there what would they rather do go to MK? because from what i remember when that was put up there were howls of objections.

Indeed its the same old argument, those who pays their money or not. Everyone has a choice, expensive meals, eurodance records, the latest all singing all dancing phone etc, etc. I spend my money on watching Spurs and if i want to do that i have to pay whatever price they put on its worth, and its the same for what others spend their money on. I have never seen the point in spending fortunes on eating out but some do and that's their choice.

As for those who find Wembley to far away from WHL and moan about having to go there what would they rather do go to MK? because from what i remember when that was put up there were howls of objections.

I'd prefer MK but I live 25 miles away So I'm biased

Wembley will be amazing in the big games if we winning but toss if we're not

I'd prefer MK but I live 25 miles away So I'm biased

That is understandable mate, the truth is there were always going to be those that would ask questions no matter where we decided to go for the year. The club have/had to choose what is best for them and no matter what they decided they would be those that not like it. At the end of the day all i want to do is watch my club so wherever they decided i would have got on with it.

Its a choice i make and if i disliked it so much i would stop going, but the club would not be to blame its my choice so its all down to me not them.

That is understandable mate, the truth is there were always going to be those that would ask questions no matter where we decided to go for the year. The club have/had to choose what is best for them and no matter what they decided they would be those that not like it. At the end of the day all i want to do is watch my club so wherever they decided i would have got on with it.

Its a choice i make and if i disliked it so much i would stop going, but the club would not be to blame its my choice so its all down to me not them.

It's the lack of choice that grates me... Wembley or no season ticket at the new WHL

If they had given us a sabbatical option I would have taken it but still gone 13/14 games and the club would have got more money out of me

Now I've sold my ticket to a mate who would have been going on a casual basis and I'll go on a membership (which also costs a wedge)

They would gross that with ticket sales regardless.

yes but they get the money by the end of june rather than spread all over the season.The clubs view is that the season at wembley should be regarded the same as any other season.
It will be interesting to see how far down they have to go to sell the 18000 season tickets.I suspect quite far.I don't really have an issue how they have done this.Its a business at the end of the day .I am happy to be offered a season ticket.Will i take it ?i am 50-50 like i suspect a lot of us are.

yes but they get the money by the end of june rather than spread all over the season.The clubs view is that the season at wembley should be regarded the same as any other season.
It will be interesting to see how far down they have to go to sell the 18000 season tickets.I suspect quite far.I don't really have an issue how they have done this.Its a business at the end of the day .I am happy to be offered a season ticket.Will i take it ?i am 50-50 like i suspect a lot of us are.

Yes they get the money up front but is not like they need the extra cash then as they get the new tv money too

The season tickets will go down to about 24000 I reckon and maybe lower as everyone is being told that despite waiting for a number of years, if you don't take it now at Wembley you ain't getting one for WHL. So even though you have been paying to be on the waiting list for a season tciket at the Lane you only get one if you buy one at a completely different ground.... that's just taking the tinkle IMO but is exactly what I epxtced as clubs rape fans loyalty as much as they can

Yes they get the money up front but is not like they need the extra cash then as they get the new tv money too

The season tickets will go down to about 24000 I reckon and maybe lower as everyone is being told that despite waiting for a number of years, if you don't take it now at Wembley you ain't getting one for WHL. So even though you have been paying to be on the waiting list for a season tciket at the Lane you only get one if you buy one at a completely different ground.... that's just taking the tinkle IMO but is exactly what I epxtced as clubs rape fans loyalty as much as they can
Guess the club made a mistake thinking that people on the waiting list actually wanted a season ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you I thought i was on me own on this.....yeah i joined the waiting list back in 2005 or earlier to get a season ticket for the new ground(or an expandtion on WHL)not to be diverted to Wembley first then get shoved to the back of queue for the new ground. What could the club do....well look after long standing members first, people who have been members for a good few years at least.....thats what loyalty points or a membership place's means.

its easy to see why the club has done this,just to make sure Wembley is full for each game, an incentive for people to buy season tickets for the new ground, the classic marketing tool of the carrot and stick but in 12 months time all of this would have been forgotten,so what if their empty seats at this ground,so what,just make Wembley a one off and from January onwards 2018,start offering people who have stayed loyal from years ago a seat at the ground.

Some people can... but i can't pluck £700 out of no where,or the £70 a month instalments plus £100 a month travelling costs each month to go up for 2 games,my aim was to start saving now for a ticket at the new ground not railroaded into buying a ticket because if i don't i'm back of the queue.

Guess the club made a mistake thinking that people on the waiting list actually wanted a season ticket as soon as possible.

I think the club are well aware of what's going on with the season ticket waiting list. The vast majority of people with Bronze Membership didn't have a hope in hell of getting an ST at WHL and will have been a "ST holder in waiting" in the minds of Spurs marketing department only. I'd imagine they'll have had a variety of different reasons for being a Bronze Member. Wanting first bite of the cherry for matchday tickets, hanging out for a shot at an ST in the NWHL (this has been a decade in the planning remember), retaining (at a level - sore point:rolleyes:) LPs or a few simply so they can say "I'm on the waiting list". On a personal level I've been offered a ST several times previously but have passed on this, specifically because I didn't want to commit to the time/cost of travelling down from Leeds every other week to sit in the West Stand. Last season there was no offer (for obvious reasons - last season/reduced capacity) but the prospect of a seat in the new South Stand was now a reality.

What the club have done is, looked at all this, and said "let's separate the wheat from the chaff and get them to put their money where they're mouths are".

It's a bit of a reality check. The badges, scarves, birthday card/generic video from Kyle Walker & Kevin Wimmer are just marketing. We are just the cash cow.

The thing that bugs me is, as Bedford says, is making me commit to Wembley. Personally, I would happily have committed to, say 50% of, the price of a season ticket in the new South Stand now, to reserve my seat and consolidate my place in the 300s on the waiting list. That way the club would have had some money up front, I'd be getting what I've waited a (very) long time for and I'd still turn up for matches at Wembley. When I didn't the seat could be filled by A N Other, using whatever marketing ploy necessary to fill to capacity, and goodwill would have been maintained. They've allowed the "corporates" to do it, why not the "bread and butter (dripping up 'ere ;)) fans".

As it stands I have a decision to make which has consequences more far reaching than it should.....

You can have one of these
images
.... next year. But you have to drive this
images
for a year to get it*.

*NB You must purchase the Dacia at the current list price of the Porsche and return it after 12 months. You will then commit to buying the Porsche at the then list price (as yet to be decided).

Bet Levy's Missus has a nightmare negotiating the housekeeping:D

I get the point I just think this was always going to be the case.In theory after last season demand should be at an all time high and they are playing to that.Anyway I think it a positive that we will be playing on a similar size pitch to the new whl a year before we get there albeit in a poorer atmosphere.

People want season tickets

But when you joined the waiting list it was fro WHL wasn't it???

It wasn't for Wembley
If somebody really wants to watch Spurs then they shouldn’t get their knickers in a twist about having to go a few more miles to Wembley for a single season to do so. I say this as somebody who lives about 8 or 9 miles North East of White Hart Lane so Wembley is more difficult for me.

Anyone who expected THFC to offer an ST amnesty needs to get real IMO. We have rent to pay at Wembley as well as a very expensive new stadium to pay for. The club needs to maximise its guaranteed revenue and try to ensure crowds at Wembley are as big as possible to appeal to our future sponsors etc. Giving the existing 23,000 or so ST holders and those on the waiting list the option to take a year off could have resulted in very low ST sales at Wembley and people picking and choosing the games that they chose to attend on a single ticket basis.

Thank you I thought i was on me own on this.....yeah i joined the waiting list back in 2005 or earlier to get a season ticket for the new ground(or an expandtion on WHL)not to be diverted to Wembley first then get shoved to the back of queue for the new ground. What could the club do....well look after long standing members first, people who have been members for a good few years at least.....thats what loyalty points or a membership place's means.

its easy to see why the club has done this,just to make sure Wembley is full for each game, an incentive for people to buy season tickets for the new ground, the classic marketing tool of the carrot and stick but in 12 months time all of this would have been forgotten,so what if their empty seats at this ground,so what,just make Wembley a one off and from January onwards 2018,start offering people who have stayed loyal from years ago a seat at the ground.

Some people can... but i can't pluck £700 out of no where,or the £70 a month instalments plus £100 a month travelling costs each month to go up for 2 games,my aim was to start saving now for a ticket at the new ground not railroaded into buying a ticket because if i don't i'm back of the queue.
Is it REALLY so much harder getting to Wembley? Why should the club look after somebody who has been on the list for a few years but can't be bothered to travel a few miles to Wembley over a fan who has been on the waiting list a few years less but is prepared to put in the extra effort?

I'm not sure what your point is about the financial aspect here? The price that you will pay at Wembley is pretty much identical to what you would pay at WHL (and I would imagine a fair amount less than you would have to pay at the new stadium) Also where do the 100 a month travelling costs come from? Where on earth are you coming in from if Wembley is costing you another £100 a month to get to compared to WHL?

I think the club are well aware of what's going on with the season ticket waiting list. The vast majority of people with Bronze Membership didn't have a hope in hell of getting an ST at WHL and will have been a "ST holder in waiting" in the minds of Spurs marketing department only. I'd imagine they'll have had a variety of different reasons for being a Bronze Member. Wanting first bite of the cherry for matchday tickets, hanging out for a shot at an ST in the NWHL (this has been a decade in the planning remember), retaining (at a level - sore point:rolleyes:) LPs or a few simply so they can say "I'm on the waiting list". On a personal level I've been offered a ST several times previously but have passed on this, specifically because I didn't want to commit to the time/cost of travelling down from Leeds every other week to sit in the West Stand. Last season there was no offer (for obvious reasons - last season/reduced capacity) but the prospect of a seat in the new South Stand was now a reality.

What the club have done is, looked at all this, and said "let's separate the wheat from the chaff and get them to put their money where they're mouths are".

It's a bit of a reality check. The badges, scarves, birthday card/generic video from Kyle Walker & Kevin Wimmer are just marketing. We are just the cash cow.

The thing that bugs me is, as Bedford says, is making me commit to Wembley. Personally, I would happily have committed to, say 50% of, the price of a season ticket in the new South Stand now, to reserve my seat and consolidate my place in the 300s on the waiting list. That way the club would have had some money up front, I'd be getting what I've waited a (very) long time for and I'd still turn up for matches at Wembley. When I didn't the seat could be filled by A N Other, using whatever marketing ploy necessary to fill to capacity, and goodwill would have been maintained. They've allowed the "corporates" to do it, why not the "bread and butter (dripping up 'ere ;)) fans".

As it stands I have a decision to make which has consequences more far reaching than it should.....

You can have one of these
images
.... next year. But you have to drive this
images
for a year to get it*.

*NB You must purchase the Dacia at the current list price of the Porsche and return it after 12 months. You will then commit to buying the Porsche at the then list price (as yet to be decided).

Bet Levy's Missus has a nightmare negotiating the housekeeping:D
I think your "Let's separate the wheat from the chaff" comment is perhaps rather appropriate.... Why do some consider going to Wembley such a hardship? One could just as easily argue that any fan who is happy to take a season ticket at Wembley is just as deserving of an ST at the new stadium as a person who happens to be a few places higher on the waiting list but isn't prepared to make the trip a few miles West.

If somebody really wants to watch Spurs then they shouldn’t get their knickers in a twist about having to go a few more miles to Wembley for a single season to do so. I say this as somebody who lives about 8 or 9 miles North East of White Hart Lane so Wembley is more difficult for me.

Anyone who expected THFC to offer an ST amnesty needs to get real IMO. We have rent to pay at Wembley as well as a very expensive new stadium to pay for. The club needs to maximise its guaranteed revenue and try to ensure crowds at Wembley are as big as possible to appeal to our future sponsors etc. Giving the existing 23,000 or so ST holders and those on the waiting list the option to take a year off could have resulted in very low ST sales at Wembley and people picking and choosing the games that they chose to attend on a single ticket basis.

This, i guess some fans will never be happy.

Back