• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

Cracking result for the boss and a quality interview afterwards, he managed to rip the tinkle out of both carragher and neville and they loved it!

Just one small thought that dawned on me - what would Ange be able to do with Dele - an arm around the shoulder from the big man and our attacking philosophy now has to be the best environment to get him back to his best.

We've had Klinsmann back, Defoe, Sheringham, Bale, I would absolutely love to see Dele come home.

Dele seems like he has not only lost the mentality but also the physical aspect of playing also ... just looks lost

Yeah but surely if anyone can fix him it's Ange? At Spurs. Cos being at Everton right now is not exactly inspiring is it, even if they have a good manager.

Had a bad week at work but spurs have kept my spirits up.

what a turnaround.

so impressive from all of them, brilliant achievement to go 10 unbeaten.

We’ve had precious little to be giddy about over the last five years, so let’s just all enjoy.

I do love our central defenders fist pumping tackles and clearances though…gets me proper moist.

our manager is a top bloke, and I can even see his influence rubbing off on others on here.

good times, let’s be merry.

I don't think the significance of that second goal can be underestimated.

A canny team like Palace afraid of pressing as they might get cut up, lured into pressing and then...cut up. But significantly it means the teams are afraid of us now and our attacking intent goes to show what a change in mentality can do for you.

Cracking result for the boss and a quality interview afterwards, he managed to rip the tinkle out of both carragher and neville and they loved it!

Just one small thought that dawned on me - what would Ange be able to do with Dele - an arm around the shoulder from the big man and our attacking philosophy now has to be the best environment to get him back to his best.

We've had Klinsmann back, Defoe, Sheringham, Bale, I would absolutely love to see Dele come home.
Dele is yesterday's man. Just like with Poch we don't need to be searching past glorys and trying to recreate what came before with the same pieces. It's 2023, we don't need Dele not even the 2016 version. We need what Ange wants in 2023.

Besides he doesn't particularly fit Ang's system. Where would he play?

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

He just gets it

“I enjoy every day of it and I want the players to enjoy every day of it. Not because we're top-of-the-table, but because we're living the dream, mate. We're playing for a fantastic football club, we get to do what we love and the rest of it is about honouring that responsibility that has been bestowed on us. For me what is important is we are giving our supporters some joy, some belief and some hope. That is what football clubs are there for. We need to keep feeding into that.”

One thing I’ve noticed, tactically with the way he has us playing … very few players seem to have licence to keep the ball
The CBs, Kulu and Maddison
Everyone else passes it and moves
That second goal yesterday epitomises his football philosophy

I like the way he manages the team during games, resting Udogie due to fatigue was the right thing and not the rotation fad. Pulling Davies exactly right, don't leave it till it hurts you. A lot have been less keen on the subs near end of game as they see performance drop, I think it's all part or his plan and the players will improve their performances when they learn their part in it.

One thing I’ve noticed, tactically with the way he has us playing … very few players seem to have licence to keep the ball
The CBs, Kulu and Maddison
Everyone else passes it and moves
That second goal yesterday epitomises his football philosophy
Yes we are very much a pass and move team. It's get the ball, pass to an open man and then move into the empty space, creating another passing option often in tandem with another player making a triangle. We always want an open option to keep the ball rotating. I think it's why we struggled in the first half, the passing volume was significantly lower than usual. A lack of Udogie in that key central area to help the ball rotation and the need for the deeper line due to Davies struggles meant we didn't have the proximity to play the quick rotational ball that epitomises the system.

Once we brought Emerson on and the line was able to play significantly higher we started seeing more of that ball rotation. Players could now start popping it between themselves quickly and the gaps started opening up. It was a good test of the system and showed its shortcomings but then also how to fix them. All around a good innings I think.

Something I do find interesting is the misconception that we have more freedom now than say when we had Mourinho and it's actually the opposite. In attacking play we have set automations some of it completing set, some of it inspiration based but there is a specific way we are coached to play in attack. Ange even commented on this when he said he wants it looks like total freedom but it's not, he's coached them to be in those spaces and to make those runs.

Mourinho was the opposite, he's a coach that very much just left his attacking players to it. It's why he needs the very top quality of attacker because he isn't the one to coach the specific movements. He expects his top quality attackers to already understand. It's why attackers either excel or completely fail under him.

Yeah but surely if anyone can fix him it's Ange? At Spurs. Cos being at Everton right now is not exactly inspiring is it, even if they have a good manager.

Would be a great story. In terms of man management he perhaps would be a good fit.

I don't see how he fits into this system/team though. He's not suitable for the Maddison role. Would have to be the role Sarr currently has. But we have both Sarr and Bentancur for that role as well as some other options there in Hojbjerg and Skipp.

Role that requires a lot defensively. Alli at his peak could have done it perhaps. But now? He would just sit on the bench at best, probably not even in the squad. And no man management will fix that.

Yes we are very much a pass and move team. It's get the ball, pass to an open man and then move into the empty space, creating another passing option often in tandem with another player making a triangle. We always want an open option to keep the ball rotating. I think it's why we struggled in the first half, the passing volume was significantly lower than usual. A lack of Udogie in that key central area to help the ball rotation and the need for the deeper line due to Davies struggles meant we didn't have the proximity to play the quick rotational ball that epitomises the system.

Once we brought Emerson on and the line was able to play significantly higher we started seeing more of that ball rotation. Players could now start popping it between themselves quickly and the gaps started opening up. It was a good test of the system and showed its shortcomings but then also how to fix them. All around a good innings I think.

Something I do find interesting is the misconception that we have more freedom now than say when we had Mourinho and it's actually the opposite. In attacking play we have set automations some of it completing set, some of it inspiration based but there is a specific way we are coached to play in attack. Ange even commented on this when he said he wants it looks like total freedom but it's not, he's coached them to be in those spaces and to make those runs.

Mourinho was the opposite, he's a coach that very much just left his attacking players to it. It's why he needs the very top quality of attacker because he isn't the one to coach the specific movements. He expects his top quality attackers to already understand. It's why attackers either excel or completely fail under him.

I thought royal was outstanding when en came on in his wrong side too
He defended as he always does
But he was running the central role (like Davies tried) and was available for the ball constantly
That’s the overload that Ange wants and is possibly why him playing left didn’t really hurt him
Made a huge difference

I thought royal was outstanding when en came on in his wrong side too
He defended as he always does
But he was running the central role (like Davies tried) and was available for the ball constantly
That’s the overload that Ange wants and is possibly why him playing left didn’t really hurt him
Made a huge difference

I like his enthusiasm and he never hides, always looking for the ball and get forward, exactly what his manager is looking for.

Would be a great story. In terms of man management he perhaps would be a good fit.

I don't see how he fits into this system/team though. He's not suitable for the Maddison role. Would have to be the role Sarr currently has. But we have both Sarr and Bentancur for that role as well as some other options there in Hojbjerg and Skipp.

Role that requires a lot defensively. Alli at his peak could have done it perhaps. But now? He would just sit on the bench at best, probably not even in the squad. And no man management will fix that.

I'd say he would play off the left where we have Richi at the moment. For me that is the area we are most wasteful at the moment.

Richarlison's all round play is pretty good. His pressing and vertical passes have provided assists. If he could add a few goals to that, I don't think anyone would be calling him a weak link.

Yes but prime Dele vs Richi is a very short discussion and my comment was a speculative query about whether Ange could revive Dele's career.

Back