• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

There's a line though and I draw it at Kenny Rogers.

I thought that killed the atmosphere stone dead.

I agree with you on the Spurs songs thing. I suppose it's Ok for the concourse afterwards, but it seems like it's a competition now to come up with different songs every other day. I saw something yesterday with another song for Son. What's wrong with Nice one Sonny? Us football fans are simple creatures. Keep the chants/songs simple as well.

I thought that killed the atmosphere stone dead.

I agree with you on the Spurs songs thing. I suppose it's Ok for the concourse afterwards, but it seems like it's a competition now to come up with different songs every other day. I saw something yesterday with another song for Son. What's wrong with Nice one Sonny? Us football fans are simple creatures. Keep the chants/songs simple as well.

My issue with this all now is that we are also in danger of everything looking a gimmick which is spreading to interviews with Ange where he is having to field questions about the Fonz and song choices, and its almost making him look a clown Prince rather than a serious serious manager.

My issue with this all now is that we are also in danger of everything looking a gimmick which is spreading to interviews with Ange where he is having to field questions about the Fonz and song choices, and its almost making him look a clown Prince rather than a serious serious manager.

It's not that serious .. and Ange can handle himself

Big difference

- Ange is liked out side of Spurs
- Arteta is a very weird clam for most people including non Spurs fans
- Klopp is an insufferable prick who has a very thin veneer of niceness that drops the moment everything doesn't go Liverpool's way

I agree that Ange has taken the toxicity out of the club, connected the fans, made the football fun to watch and you can see the players are enjoying it. It is an intangible, for us like the BMJ & Poch eras, I say the current comparison in the PL is Saudi Sportswashing Machine (they are not that good a side on paper, but Howe and removing the toxicity has made a huge difference)
Expanding on this a little:
Ten Hag also seems a bit of an oddball not even sure he's particularly popular amongst United fans but in general they seem to be largely patient with managers, possibly a nod to Fergies legacy from an era where both patience and expectations were lower.
Pep holds a deity status across the whole of football the only hope I have is that whoever follows him will really struggle in the same way united and goons did post Fergie and Wenger.
Klopp
Howe always felt like a stop gap to keep them up or get them back up from the championship but he's exceeded expectations hence the feel good factor. The interesting point will come when they do hit a blip, especially if a big name manager is available.

Its not serious but It's bordering gimmicky at times and some of it feels slightly undermining IMO
I guess the times in which we live make social media itself a news source.

I found it frustrating that it's a serious question form journos in the pressers but then I think back to how Redknapp or Jol used to he interviewed say compared to Fergie or Conte. Difference is I think Ange is somewhere between the two, affable but won't suffer fools.

It's also a lot easier to be affable when you're winning!

I guess the times in which we live make social media itself a news source.

I found it frustrating that it's a serious question form journos in the pressers but then I think back to how Redknapp or Jol used to he interviewed say compared to Fergie or Conte. Difference is I think Ange is somewhere between the two, affable but won't suffer fools.

It's also a lot easier to be affable when you're winning!

It's just content to be turned into clicks. Successful, charismatic manager. He'll get some questions like this. And he deals with it well.

Lovely piece.

"The reality of the Big Ange revolution is that it is free of tall tales. Like the man himself, it is rooted in normality and authenticity, common sense; just saying and doing logical stuff. There are people at the club waiting for the catch because they cannot believe there is a manager who is actually not bonkers."

Heh. He does have air about him that's markedly different from most other top-flight managers.
I did watch Roy Hodgson's pre-Spurs press conference and found myself warming to him as well due to the considered way he answered certain questions and spoke well overall.

Cracking result for the boss and a quality interview afterwards, he managed to rip the tinkle out of both carragher and neville and they loved it!

Just one small thought that dawned on me - what would Ange be able to do with Dele - an arm around the shoulder from the big man and our attacking philosophy now has to be the best environment to get him back to his best.

We've had Klinsmann back, Defoe, Sheringham, Bale, I would absolutely love to see Dele come home.

Cracking result for the boss and a quality interview afterwards, he managed to rip the tinkle out of both carragher and neville and they loved it!

Just one small thought that dawned on me - what would Ange be able to do with Dele - an arm around the shoulder from the big man and our attacking philosophy now has to be the best environment to get him back to his best.

We've had Klinsmann back, Defoe, Sheringham, Bale, I would absolutely love to see Dele come home.
And ask him what next weeks lottery numbers are.

Oddly I just glanced over this weekend fixtures and while I'm not a betting man the games are almost all home wins bar one. So many notottery but bookies certainly!

Back