• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

He just gets it

“I enjoy every day of it and I want the players to enjoy every day of it. Not because we're top-of-the-table, but because we're living the dream, mate. We're playing for a fantastic football club, we get to do what we love and the rest of it is about honouring that responsibility that has been bestowed on us. For me what is important is we are giving our supporters some joy, some belief and some hope. That is what football clubs are there for. We need to keep feeding into that.”

The results have obviously been really impressive but I think we’re probably in a false position a bit. Maybe it’s the fatalist in me but I still can’t believe we’ll really challenge and I still believe that Champions League football would represent a massively successful season.

What isn’t a flash in the pan is the way he carries himself. Of course, it’ll be interesting to see how he reacts to some defeats but I’m so impressed with how he handles himself with the media. Insightful, common sense answers and an outlook that really hints at someone who won’t let one season define him whether that season is good or bad.

Maybe it’s the fact he’s an Aussie and has that laid back charm many of them have or maybe it’s the fact that he came from the real world (didn’t he work for a bank originally?) but he’s so bloody likeable and so grounded.

The results have obviously been really impressive but I think we’re probably in a false position a bit. Maybe it’s the fatalist in me but I still can’t believe we’ll really challenge and I still believe that Champions League football would represent a massively successful season.

What isn’t a flash in the pan is the way he carries himself. Of course, it’ll be interesting to see how he reacts to some defeats but I’m so impressed with how he handles himself with the media. Insightful, common sense answers and an outlook that really hints at someone who won’t let one season define him whether that season is good or bad.

Maybe it’s the fact he’s an Aussie and has that laid back charm many of them have or maybe it’s the fact that he came from the real world (didn’t he work for a bank originally?) but he’s so bloody likeable and so grounded.

Mate. Right now we are at the top of the league, two points clear. Enjoy it.

p.s. ignore the 'not available' message, the link works!

I can’t agree on the false position
I’d say we’re about 2 points shy of where we should be if var had been competent

United should have had a pen against us, but we should have had one too

the pen vs Brentford was a foul. But the player cheated and held the wrong ankle so therefore it should have been overturned

not to sound like a nutter but we should be on more points imo

I’d say we’re about 2 points shy of where we should be if var had been competent

the pen vs Brentford was a foul. But the player cheated and held the wrong ankle so therefore it should have been overturned

If you weren't a nutter you wouldn't be contributing to this site.

Mate. Right now we are at the top of the league, two points clear. Enjoy it.

p.s. ignore the 'not available' message, the link works!

Sorry “false position” is clumsy phraseology. We deserve to be top and that’s surely exceeded the wildest dreams of even those who wanted Ange from the start. We’ve been a revelation. Entertaining, likeable, effective. Everything we’ve longed for since Poch’s heyday.

My point is more that we’re in a position where we won’t finish IMO. That said, maybe I need to take Steff’s advice…

Sorry “false position” is clumsy phraseology. We deserve to be top and that’s surely exceeded the wildest dreams of even those who wanted Ange from the start. We’ve been a revelation. Entertaining, likeable, effective. Everything we’ve longed for since Poch’s heyday.

My point is more that we’re in a position where we won’t finish IMO. That said, maybe I need to take Steff’s advice…
You never know where we will end up
Being a spurs fan it’s natural to say we can’t finish top
I remember when we made the CL final… that was no natural either
It was mental
I couldn’t sleep properly for a week
Such a weird experience
But…
Can we…
Who knows right now

Yes we are very much a pass and move team. It's get the ball, pass to an open man and then move into the empty space, creating another passing option often in tandem with another player making a triangle. We always want an open option to keep the ball rotating. I think it's why we struggled in the first half, the passing volume was significantly lower than usual. A lack of Udogie in that key central area to help the ball rotation and the need for the deeper line due to Davies struggles meant we didn't have the proximity to play the quick rotational ball that epitomises the system.

Once we brought Emerson on and the line was able to play significantly higher we started seeing more of that ball rotation. Players could now start popping it between themselves quickly and the gaps started opening up. It was a good test of the system and showed its shortcomings but then also how to fix them. All around a good innings I think.

Something I do find interesting is the misconception that we have more freedom now than say when we had Mourinho and it's actually the opposite. In attacking play we have set automations some of it completing set, some of it inspiration based but there is a specific way we are coached to play in attack. Ange even commented on this when he said he wants it looks like total freedom but it's not, he's coached them to be in those spaces and to make those runs.

Mourinho was the opposite, he's a coach that very much just left his attacking players to it. It's why he needs the very top quality of attacker because he isn't the one to coach the specific movements. He expects his top quality attackers to already understand. It's why attackers either excel or completely fail under him.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
Some might call it 'push and run'.

The position isn’t false, yes we are much higher than we expected to be, lots of credit to us for that, but we mustn’t forget that it’s not just us being good, everyone else has been brick, even City.

Enjoy it whilst we can.

The position isn’t false, yes we are much higher than we expected to be, lots of credit to us for that, but we mustn’t forget that it’s not just us being good, everyone else has been brick, even City.

Enjoy it whilst we can.

Funny though anyone we beat are crap, yet everyone else are playing Barca or AC Milan at their peak. We will have tougher games and probably lose some but I know most of us can live with it, it's not being top of the league (but it is great to see how it annoys so many) it's our approach to games that's getting me excited, we've been on a diet of bread and water now we're getting steak and wine.

Poch did not walk out on us we dumped him. I think it is petty and small minded to dump someone and then whinge like a little bitch because they then move on to our rivals even though they had been waiting around, hoping we would come back to them and give them a second chance.

Reactions: DTA

Where it perhaps is a slightly "false" position is those wins we've deserved, but won't always get. We've done enough to win those games, sometimes to win it by even more than we did. But we've also seen us win most games where perhaps the performance would see us win the game perhaps 80% of the time.

We've seen those dropped points many times before, not this season. I don't think that's just the manager and players doing better, though that is part of it - never stopping and all that. But we will drop points in games like that sometimes and haven't really so far.

Where it perhaps is a slightly "false" position is those wins we've deserved, but won't always get. We've done enough to win those games, sometimes to win it by even more than we did. But we've also seen us win most games where perhaps the performance would see us win the game perhaps 80% of the time.

We've seen those dropped points many times before, not this season. I don't think that's just the manager and players doing better, though that is part of it - never stopping and all that. But we will drop points in games like that sometimes and haven't really so far.

It isn't a false position, the data backs it up, shots, possession, sprints, GF/GA, you pick the stat as a team or individually (e.g. Vicario saves or Bissouma stats) we are playing like a top level team. that is very different where in the past we had moments to win games but didn't, we dominate games now, something we haven't for a very long time (75% possession in a game is City level).

We are still vulnerable due to depth and the fact that we have a lot of young players (will have their off days) but logic will actually say this team will get better (they have had 10 games).

We should all just enjoy the moment, see where it goes ..

Poch did not walk out on us we dumped him. I think it is petty and small minded to dump someone and then whinge like a little bitch because they then move on to our rivals even though they had been waiting around, hoping we would come back to them and give them a second chance.

Strange comment Naija, Poch is absolutely free to go work for anyone he wants, but he knows and we all know, what you get for moving to Chelsea in term of impact on how he is seen/legacy with Spurs. He chose it, so I'd say the opposite is true, he can't complain if he finds no sympathy over here.

Look at Kane, I'm delighted he's killing it in Germany (and he walked out on us), because Bayern has no impact on us, if he had chose Chelsea? very different.

Anyway, glad we got the guy we did

Back