• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

No my point is he should have left the comment to the side for now and maybe bring it up later, like the summer etc.

He has enough questions he could rightfully be asked without getting into that stuff, it looks like he's kind of deflecting

Na not for me, he has had a week of it from the media and fans have doubled down on it, I understand his frustration

I also have frustrations how the season have gone from his side but they are not the same conversation IMO

I think it’s fair to say the fans are deflecting, but Ange is too. Before the game he said he’s not going to tell the fans how to feel and he gets rivalries having managed Celtic. He sounds like he’s doing the exact opposite now. He was also quite vague. If he’s having a pop at the fans then say it, he opened up a can of worms claiming it was “inside the club” as well. Is he saying the players didn’t want to win? It would be helpful if he clarified his comments. I don’t like it if he’s having a go at the fans for being happy that we didn’t help Arsenal, even if it came at a cost to ourselves. But I’ve said before, I think if a win guarantees top 4 or even takes us above Villa, I think it’s a completely different situation and atmosphere. But a win to maybe, sort of, kind of give us hope and we also need Villa to lose AND we also need to do our jobs against Sheffield United? It’s a big ask and an unfortunate situation to be put in. He’s an intelligent, he’s got to understand why fans felt conflicted.

But we are also in large intelligent so we also have to understand why someone in professional sports does not want to lose games regardless

5h8zfvh1zg0d1.jpeg

But we are also in large intelligent so we also have to understand why someone in professional sports does not want to lose games regardless

I totally get why he wants to win and I wouldn’t want it any other way, I have no issue with him and the players doing their upmost to win last night, I just didn’t want them to. But as someone who has been in and around football for decades, I find it hard to comprehend how he doesn’t understand intense rivalries and why losing last night wasn’t the worst thing in the world. The difference is I’m not having a go at him for having that attitude and mindset whereas Ange is having a go at the fans (indirectly) for not wanting us to win. He could have just said that’s fine I can’t control or tell them how to feel but as a manager I want to win.

Na not for me, he has had a week of it from the media and fans have doubled down on it, I understand his frustration

I also have frustrations how the season have gone from his side but they are not the same conversation IMO

He also had MONTHS of media and fans questioning his set-pieces but he didn't bring that up...instead he knuckled down and worked on it in tyhe background...as i say could have done the same with all this 'wanting Spus to lose' stuff. He had no reason to bring it up when he did imo.
It wasn't the reason we lost yesterday and wasn't the reason we finished behind Aston Villa

I totally get why he wants to win and I wouldn’t want it any other way, I have no issue with him and the players doing their upmost to win last night, I just didn’t want them to. But as someone who has been in and around football for decades, I find it hard to comprehend how he doesn’t understand intense rivalries and why losing last night wasn’t the worst thing in the world. The difference is I’m not having a go at him for having that attitude and mindset whereas Ange is having a go at the fans (indirectly) for not wanting us to win. He could have just said that’s fine I can’t control or tell them how to feel but as a manager I want to win.

I think he does understand it, I just don't think he likely understands a wasp in his ear 90 mins and also the media making it about one subject all week. Likely he is tired of that narrative, I don't blame him

A week of this constant media bantering of Spurs reinforcing the narrative around us being the butt of a joke as they relentlessly focused on the idea of us wanting to lose, and then having their story strengthened by both the legitimate arsenal rivalry feelings from fans and the shakier examples of some actively coming out and rooting for Spurs to lose....
It's surely a new thing for him, when Sky spoke to him just before the match he said that he found it sort of funny at first but it then just continued for days. I'll listen with interest to both tone and content of his final presser on Friday.

Absolutely understand that; again Ange didn't need to say anything about it tbh, again it's not the reason we lost yesterday and it's not the reason we've finished behind Aston Villa

I wish i could explain how I feel regarding this, and why I think Ange is annoyed and i dont think its result based.

He knows we are still working on the system and is looking to build a strong mentality at the club that over the last week the media and some fans have gone way against him. I think thats what has tinkled him off.

He also had MONTHS of media and fans questioning his set-pieces but he didn't bring that up...instead he knuckled down and worked on it in tyhe background...as i say could have done the same with all this 'wanting Spus to lose' stuff. He had no reason to bring it up when he did imo.
It wasn't the reason we lost yesterday and wasn't the reason we finished behind Aston Villa

The two are totally separate subjects though and I don't subscribe to some idea that he is not trying his hardest behind closed doors to make us better, we are just not as good as 4 clubs above us currently. We can go down the route of what Ange needs to do better because I think there is alot as I think there are as a club, but his views on the mentality of fans and what he needs to do better are completely separate conversations to be had

I wish i could explain how I feel regarding this, and why I think Ange is annoyed and i dont think its result based.

He knows we are still working on the system and is looking to build a strong mentality at the club that over the last week the media and some fans have gone way against him. I think thats what has tinkled him off.

I'm fine with him feeling that way, i am not happy he aired those feelings when he did.
Perhaps at end of the season would have been better. He might even think that himself today (i know emotions amongst football players and coaches can be very raw when they give interviews etc straight after games)

The two are totally separate subjects though and I don't subscribe to some idea that he is not trying his hardest behind closed doors to make us better, we are just not as good as 4 clubs above us currently. We can go down the route of what Ange needs to do better because I think there is alot as I think there are as a club, but his views on the mentality of fans and what he needs to do better are completely separate conversations to be had

Indeed sperate conversations to be had at separate times imo.

It’s one thing for it to be ‘not the worst thing in the world’ - it’s another for the majority of fans to be actively hoping for it and then celebrating it.

@Lilbaz is right in what he said. But I haven't seen any fan criticise Ange or the players for wanting to win the game, they are professionals and its a job to them - hence why you have plenty of Gooner fans who have played for us etc its very much a job.

But at the same time, he shouldn't have been critical of the fans to the media and understood their perspective like we do his - even if he disagrees with it, he surely understands the nature of rivalry.....

It 100% is different conversations but the game outcome situation like last night is so rare why so much fallout?. Fans were conflicted for the 1 game out of 500. Just move on.

It 100% is different conversations but the game outcome situation like last night is so rare why so much fallout?. Fans were conflicted for the 1 game out of 500. Just move on.

We all have that responsibility to move on too which I intend to now hahah

But the fall out of his comment is in someway proving his point IMO

Anyway we move on and we pray Ange or any manager is backed in the summer.......

Back