• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

I kinda get his points, it was a subdued atmosphere for a home game, very surreal. I don’t think, from what I heard, there were active support for city from fans but it was very blasé instead, like oh well. It certainly was not the normal support for the team and that’s why I understand his point. Before the game, after the game has finished take the tinkle out of Arsenal for not winning the league, but for those 90 mins cheer like your life depends on it. That’s the culture he wants, maybe we win and maybe we lose but not down to lack of effort from all involved. As fans we are not there, as a team we are not there and as a club we are not there yet but I guess he just expected that fan support was one worry he didn’t have

I kinda get his points, it was a subdued atmosphere for a home game, very surreal. I don’t think, from what I heard, there were active support for city from fans but it was very blasé instead, like oh well. It certainly was not the normal support for the team and that’s why I understand his point. Before the game, after the game has finished take the tinkle out of Arsenal for not winning the league, but for those 90 mins cheer like your life depends on it. That’s the culture he wants, maybe we win and maybe we lose but not down to lack of effort from all involved. As fans we are not there, as a team we are not there and as a club we are not there yet but I guess he just expected that fan support was one worry he didn’t have

I don't think fan support is/has been a worry - certainly wasn't in our recent really poor run when we've only been able to beat relegation candidates...

Pep overly complimentary on Ange in his post match.
That's a given - Pep is always very complimentary about the teams he usually beats, and we're now an addition to that list.

Seriously - he'll praise the opposition as being incredible after City murder them 5-0. It almost comes across as condescending.

Whereas, up until Ange, we'd never lost to him at the new ground and he was *incredibly salty* about it. :p

Ange is right, and Spurs fans need to take a deep look at themselves, last night was fudging embarrassing.

Disclaimer - Let's not get into the "who is a better fan" brick. I'm not policing if people are fans, I'm calling out people's fudging mentality and the fact that Spurs fans will clearly trade our club success because "poor me, my rival will give me some banter" (all the BS about "you don't know what its like to live/work with Scum fans)

Lat night our players gave everything, our manager gave everything and City never dominated any significant piece of the game (first 45 mins was probably the best I've seen us play), and when our players needed us, half the fudging stadium was cheering on City's results .. I was there, it wasn't some randoms, it wasn't some inconsequential percentage, it was a lot of fudging people.

If you want to laugh/cheer after the game or outside at a pub, all good, I get it, today it's funny the Scum won't get brick .. at OUR fudging stadium, shameful. And people know it, hence suddenly it's not last night, it was the other bad games .. no, it was last night at the stadium ..

15+ years of fans saying the club/team bottles it, last night our fans bottled it .

The winner, take a bow mate great post. Sickening to see fellow fans try and excuse what happened was just banter and was the right thing to do. Hope i never hear it again at a game.

I generally like Pep but hate it when managers of the top clubs compliment ours coz it mostly says we aren't a threat to them. Jol, who I will love forever, got a lot of compliments off the likes of Fergie for example.

TBF Jol was meant to.be the long term replacement for Fergie, we kazumpt United for then making him their assistant

Hope you've all seen his presser and the talk about "bragging rights" Vs actually focusing on winning things.

I'm genuinely embarrassed by any fan that wanted to lose Vs Emirates Marketing Project.

I can’t wait for next season with him
I’m sure we will progress massively again

I hope so. I definitely want to keep Ange and I’m not leaning to him out at all.

At same time the results in the second half of the season have left me a little shaken.

Under Conte we seemed to have sustained momentum going in less time and that went to brick fast in the second season.

We’ve had some frustrating losses to teams we should be beating (as we always do). But purely looking at our wins and losses in their own I can accept everyone of them.

What is intolerable and needs sorting is the hammerings we’ve had.

They happen unexpectedly to almost any team but the frequency of it was too much.

What makes it all the more confusing is our back 4 can do better than that. We err so happy with all 4 defenders early on.

I’ll leave it it to someone with more of a footballing brain than I have to work out why we concede goals in floods from time to time.

Hope you've all seen his presser and the talk about "bragging rights" Vs actually focusing on winning things.

I'm genuinely embarrassed by any fan that wanted to lose Vs Emirates Marketing Project.

As long as you are just as "embarrassed" by:
- our league form since January
- losing limply to Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Chelsea with a whimper when their first teams were absolutely decimated by injury (FAR more than we were)
- being 3-0 down by 35 minutes at home to Arsenal
- being 4-0 down before the hour mark away at Liverpool
- only keeping 1 clean sheet in the league this calendar year etc etc

:rolleyes:

I was just a kid at the time but swear I’ve seen posted at some point that back in the very early 00s there was a game against United where fans wanted us to lose to stop Arse winning the league?

Also frustratingly I can’t remember when it was. Perhaps when we were battling with Chelsea for the title. Maybe when we wrrr in a top 4 race. But Arsenal were way behind us and we were competing for something.

I remember going on Arsemanaia and seeing loads of their fans saying they wanted them to lose so they wouldn’t help us.

It’s not just a spurs thing, or some of our fanbase thing. I guarantee you if in a hypothetical world we were top of the league in 15-16 with a couple games left and Arsenal, Chelsea or West Ham were playing Leicester they would be exactly the same.

I hope so. I definitely want to keep Ange and I’m not leaning to him out at all.

At same time the results in the second half of the season have left me a little shaken.

Under Conte we seemed to have sustained momentum going in less time and that went to brick fast in the second season.

We’ve had some frustrating losses to teams we should be beating (as we always do). But purely looking at our wins and losses in their own I can accept everyone of them.

What is intolerable and needs sorting is the hammerings we’ve had.

They happen unexpectedly to almost any team but the frequency of it was too much.

What makes it all the more confusing is our back 4 can do better than that. We err so happy with all 4 defenders early on.

I’ll leave it it to someone with more of a footballing brain than I have to work out why we concede goals in floods from time to time.

Conte made the team fit, gave it tactics and had Son & Kane up front, it was not sustainable because we gave up too much of the ball, which in turn made every game too much time defending and his idiot 2 man midfield broke once Bentancur was injured.

People completely miss the fact Ange will put us (likely) 5th when we lost a 20+ goal a season player who also contributed assists.

What frequent hammerings are we referring to? we lost 2 games by 3 goals, one game by 4 all season

We concede because of a few things
- We haven't had first choice back line for a lot of season
- Midfield balance is not there (part injuries, part on Ange)
- We are brick at defending set pieces (part on Ange, part loss of Kane's aerial presence, one of reasons I'd like to see more Dragusin)
- 7 new players, lots of them young, new system, new manager, we have made mistakes ..

I was just a kid at the time but swear I’ve seen posted at some point that back in the very early 00s there was a game against United where fans wanted us to lose to stop Arse winning the league?

Also frustratingly I can’t remember when it was. Perhaps when we were battling with Chelsea for the title. Maybe when we wrrr in a top 4 race. But Arsenal were way behind us and we were competing for something.

I remember going on Arsemanaia and seeing loads of their fans saying they wanted them to lose so they wouldn’t help us.

It’s not just a spurs thing, or some of our fanbase thing. I guarantee you if in a hypothetical world we were top of the league in 15-16 with a couple games left and Arsenal, Chelsea or West Ham were playing Leicester they would be exactly the same.

Any other fanbase would mirror ours in similar circumstances, anyone thinking otherwise is living in a dream world

Just find videos of Arsenal fans who were asked if you would happily lose the Europa league if it meant Spurs not winning the Champions league, many of whom said yes.

Even more recently when Klopp announced he was leaving an Arsenal fan whose quite active on AFTV said they must always be grateful for what Klopp did for them: stopped us from winning the CL in 2019.

People are acting like the dismal trophy record we've had these last years (the longest i've known and the longest since the war) is because of the fans...nothing to do with decisions taken elsewhere at the club....ridiculous!

Any other fanbase would mirror ours in similar circumstances, anyone thinking otherwise is living in a dream world

I don’t know the ages of posters condemning it but I’d hazard a guess it’s older posters?

Without meaning to sound cheeky (and I could be completely wrong) but I could see it being a generational thing where fans with memories preceding Arsenals dominance - and us actually winning stuff find it easier to accept???

Personally having grown up in prime Wenger days and having dealt with all the stick that came my way whilst Arsenal were on the ascendancy - there’s no way I can ever accept that happening again.

Say I can’t accept banter or whatever you will.

We were never going to get top 4. If we had beaten city you can guarantee with our luck we would have won arsenal the title and they’d never have let us live it down.

Can just see them all saying that the only title we’ve won is for them etc….

But hypothetically if we had of got top 4 it puts us into a competition for a season. Arsenals title would be something that could never be removed.

They’ve grown a lot in a short space of time. Anything that hinders that I’m all game for

Back