• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Was yesterdays performance the most unacceptable one you've ever seen from Spurs?

Wow. The difference in GD between us and Liverpool is quite frightening. Especially as we've finished above them for 3-4 seasons now... just goes to show how utterly ****e we have been previously.

Indeed, it just emphasises quite quite how far behind the top teams we fell when we had Sir Alan as chairman and unacceptable performances were a regular occurrence :-&

WonDrawnLostGoals ForGoals AgainstGoal DifferencePoints
Man Utd5341711171647718+9291773
ARSEnal4452151621441762+6771550
Chelsea4302111811378790+5881501
Liverpool4032102091331809+5221419
Spurs32121528611471078+691178
Villa29725427110331006+271145
Everton29323929010461032+141118
Figures from My Football Facts & Stats | Premier League | All-Time Table 1992-93 to 2013-14

Like many here I had a horrible day at work yesterday. People in the company I had never met before were making themselves known to me as Gooners and I was getting 6 fingers from the usual guys all day long.

But the performance was not the problem, it was the tactics and the team selection. Al the players bar Lamela tried their hardest.

Like many here I had a horrible day at work yesterday. People in the company I had never met before were making themselves known to me as Gooners and I was getting 6 fingers from the usual guys all day long.

But the performance was not the problem, it was the tactics and the team selection. Al the players bar Lamela tried their hardest.

********. Vertonghen in particular was in a **** it we've already lost mode.

And who was he playing alongside for most of the game?

Yeah I'm sure he was particularly ****ed off with Lamela and not with AVB playing two idiots ahead of him in his position who had caused the opening goals. If he was annoyed with Lamela I've no doubt he would had have a go with him the mood he was in on Sunday.

Yeah I'm sure he was particularly ****ed off with Lamela and not with AVB playing two idiots ahead of him in his position who had caused the opening goals. If he was annoyed with Lamela I've no doubt he would had have a go with him the mood he was in on Sunday.
The first goal was partly caused by Kaboul not having Lamela or Verts as an option to pass to.
Do you think Walker would be making a back pass in the opening seconds with either Townsend or Lennon as an option?
Anyway the whole match was an aberration.

The first goal was partly caused by Kaboul not having Lamela or Verts as an option to pass to.
Do you think Walker would be making a back pass in the opening seconds with either Townsend or Lennon as an option?

Absolutely grasping at straws saying Lamela was in any way to blame for the first goal.

And the match wasnt an aberration. We have very poor defenders once they're got at like against West Ham.

Absolutely grasping at straws saying Lamela was in any way to blame for the first goal.

And the match wasnt an aberration. We have very poor defenders once they're got at like against West Ham.

agree with the first part, that's 100% a lloris **** up, either play it to feet or make sure it goes straight through to the opposite keeper

You can't blame Lamela for the first goal, that had been coming for months given Lloris' awful goal kicks.

LMFAO - absolutely priceless!!!!!

There's a difference between 'poor performance' and 'unacceptable performance'.

We've had **** loads worst performances in terms of the way we played. But in terms of acceptability considering the squad we have and the money spent etc, it's up there with the worst.

agree with the first part, that's 100% a lloris **** up, either play it to feet or make sure it goes straight through to the opposite keeper

I think the standard tactic is to play a diagonal - at least then there's some chance of one of our players ending up on the ball.

Many keepers don't like to do that as it's easy to misjudge (especially playing the ball first touch) and put out for a throw. Then the opposition fans behind you start taking the **** and it becomes an incredibly uncomfortable match.

Obviously if you spaz it to the opposition who then go on to score it's even worse but keepers don't normally see percentage play that way.

I think the standard tactic is to play a diagonal - at least then there's some chance of one of our players ending up on the ball.

Many keepers don't like to do that as it's easy to misjudge (especially playing the ball first touch) and put out for a throw. Then the opposition fans behind you start taking the **** and it becomes an incredibly uncomfortable match.

Obviously if you spaz it to the opposition who then go on to score it's even worse but keepers don't normally see percentage play that way.

Which is why I've always questioned why we pass back to the keeper so often when in possession, as it invariably gives the ball to the opposition after being hoofed downfield.

Which is why I've always questioned why we pass back to the keeper so often when in possession, as it invariably gives the ball to the opposition after being hoofed downfield.

In theory it's a very good way of keeping the ball and pulling the opposition out. It only works when you're getting movement from your back 2+DM though - for some reason the moment players join Spurs they instantly forget that moving off the ball is required.

when i was player/manager of a parks side,i took kick offs occasionally.........i told my winger to stand on the touch line and like a rugby kick off chip it down just behind the right or left back,the defender then be under pressure from the winger and force him to head it out. Get a player with a long throw in,throw it in the box again a bit of pressure resulting in a corner after only a minute,must be better than kicking it back to the keeper who then kicks back out which only reaches the half line or like sunday straight to an opposition player.

A bit direct but at least you don't concede in the first minute if you have kick offs.........

when i was player/manager of a parks side,i took kick offs occasionally.........i told my winger to stand on the touch line and like a rugby kick off chip it down just behind the right or left back,the defender then be under pressure from the winger and force him to head it out. Get a player with a long throw in,throw it in the box again a bit of pressure resulting in a corner after only a minute,must be better than kicking it back to the keeper who then kicks back out which only reaches the half line or like sunday straight to an opposition player.

A bit direct but at least you don't concede in the first minute if you have kick offs.........

It's what I would consider percentage football and it puts me right off. Others will probably enjoy it as it puts the other team under pressure and stuff happens.

That sort of tactic was apparently employed by Man Utd during Fergie' tenure and they've been quite successful over the years... Although it helps that they had one of the best passers in the world in Scholes to ping the diagonal whilst we lost Modric and narrowly missed out on Moutinho...

Gary Neville: Tottenham lack intensity and balance and need a proper No. 10 | Football News | Sky Sports
..."Tottenham created a lot of their own problems against Emirates Marketing Project through mentality and 'sluggishly' is the word I would use to describe how they started," said the Sky Sports analyst. "Five of Tottenham's back six weren't ready for it - some were tying their laces and some were playing with their socks at the kick-off - and they ended up passing the ball back to the goalkeeper, which is a pet peeve of mine.

"I am unashamed in saying I don't like playing backwards - at Manchester United the ball would go to Paul Scholes and it would get passed into a right-wing position. It is wrong to have the ball on the halfway line and give the ball back to your goalkeeper in a big game away from home and it is wrong to suggest you start a game any other way than playing forward. You must play with intent and so the mentality Tottenham showed was really poor."

That sort of tactic was apparently employed by Man Utd during Fergie' tenure and they've been quite successful over the years... Although it helps that they had one of the best passers in the world in Scholes to ping the diagonal whilst we lost Modric and narrowly missed out on Moutinho...

Gary Neville: Tottenham lack intensity and balance and need a proper No. 10 | Football News | Sky Sports

Eriksen is going to be a big miss over the next few weeks. Holtby is not a number 10, the closest players we have to it that are available are Sig and Lamela.

Worst defence in the history of the premier League, ouch. Now why doesn't that surprise me, amazed that 6-0 was our first in 17 years, not 17 matches :lol:

Back