• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Was yesterdays performance the most unacceptable one you've ever seen from Spurs?

Craig_J

Eidur Gudjohnsen
Being 20, I think a tougher debate to be had for my generation over the best game's we've ever seen would be the most unacceptable, terrible performances we've put in.

I think that yesterdays game was the most unacceptable performance I've ever seen in my life time supporting Spurs. I honestly couldn't believe how self desructive we were. We offered nothing in attack and the so called 'best deffense in the league' looked like a pub team.

We've lost by big score lines before but I don't think I've ever seen a worst performance than that. I will say though that a close runner up would have to be losing 4-1 away to Bolton a few seasons ago.

Anyone agree or disagree? Perhaps you've been around long enough to witness worse??

ibtlsexy.jpg

I take it you completely missed c.1994-2004. There were some real positives yesterday compared to those times.

Edit - sorry I've just seen the thing about your age.

This was perhaps our worst performance since Chelsea in the cup semi in April 2012.

Last edited:
As far as I can recall, it was the third time I've said to myself: '**** it, I'm not wasting my time on this ****'. The two other were the 4-4 against Aston Villa and the FA cup semi against Chelsea. I sat through some proper ****e pre-2006 though. Since then I've never had the same enthusiasm for our games and I've certainly gotten a lot more cynical about the game as a whole.

As far as I can recall, it was the third time I've said to myself: '**** it, I'm not wasting my time on this ****'. The two other were the 4-4 against Aston Villa and the FA cup semi against Chelsea. I sat through some proper ****e pre-2006 though. Since then I've never had the same enthusiasm for our games and I've certainly gotten a lot more cynical about the game as a whole.

Yesterday was bad, but the 1-6 at home to Chelsea under Christian Gross was equal to it, as was the 7-0 tonking we took at Anfield many years ago. I also seem to remember a 6-0 away defeat to Sheffield United at some point, so there have been a few.

Unacceptable performances:

Losing to 10-Emirates Marketing Project after being 3-0 up at half time.

Losing to Leicester in the FA cup 3rd round and Grimsby in the league cup 2nd round in the same season under Jol.

The first 2-5 loss at the Scumirates.

Losing 0-4 to Fulham in the FA Cup under Redknapp

That 1-6 game against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Edit: Or 1-7. Mostly the one that got Keegan to resign.

In 2003 we finished our season by losing 0-2 to ManU, 1-5 to Middlesboro and 0-4 to Blackburn.

The league cup final against Blackburn

Yesterday was bad, but the 1-6 at home to Chelsea under Christian Gross was equal to it, as was the 7-0 tonking we took at Anfield many years ago. I also seem to remember a 6-0 away defeat to Sheffield United at some point, so there have been a few.

You mean this one? http://www.theguardian.com/football...ited-premier-league-1993?INTCMP=ILCNETTXT3487

I was at a couple of matches where we suffered hidings at St James' Park - 6-1 and 7-1. Horrendous days out I can tell you.

It's not even the worst this season, losing at home 0-3 to the Spammers (their only away win in 12 months) takes that mantle imo.

Having lived through Sir Alan' tenure as our chairman I've endured plenty of equally appalling defeats... losing 0-6 to Sheffield United in 1993 back in those dark days when we had the likes of Austin and Cundy in defence... or more recently when we lead 3-0 at half time against City who were down to 10 men but still contrived to lose 3-4...

It's not even the worst this season, losing at home 0-3 to the Spammers (their only away win in 12 months) takes that mantle imo.

Having lived through Sir Alan' tenure as our chairman I've endured plenty of equally appalling defeats... losing 0-6 to Sheffield United in 1993 back in those dark days when we had the likes of Austin and Cundy in defence... or more recently when we lead 3-0 at half time against City who were down to 10 men but still contrived to lose 3-4...

I have looked up that defeat to City and it turns out it was Joey Barton that got sent off in the tunnel at HT. Conclusive evidence that having him in your team makes you worse.

From the top of my head;

Losing 7-1 to Saudi Sportswashing Machine
Losing 6-1 to Chelski at White Hart Lane
Losing 6-0 or whatever it was to Championship side Fulham in the cup
Losing 4-3 to City after leading 3-0 at half time and City getting a red card
Losing 5-3 to United after leading 3-0 at half time

also that week under hoddle (I think) where we lost 3 games 4-0

2 of which were against Chelsea weren't they?

5-1 Chelsea semi final defeat 2 years a go was worse for me, a league game is one in 38 and carries with it a chance of redemption, a cup semi against a fierce rival on the otherhand...

I think it is moving towards that realm of totally unacceptable but not quite there. Losing 0-3 to Fulham and 1-3 at home to Southampton in 2003/04 was an absolute disgrace really as they werent even good sides we lost to and although the scorelines are bad, they don't tell anywhere near the full story as we got battered big time and basically outworked, outfought and outskilled.

The West Ham defeat this season to me is more unacceptable because it is against a team that are devoid of any real attacking talent or idea and yet we were comfortably dealt with tactically and physically by a team that are just the eptitome of boredom. They scored more against us in that game than we have managed in any league game this season which is an absolute joke considering they don't have a recognised forward fit.

i think so, back to back league and cup, united was the other one

yep, dodgy goal aside the way we capitulated that day was a disgrace, yesterday was more incompetence i'd say

2 of which were against Chelsea weren't they?

5-1 Chelsea semi final defeat 2 years a go was worse for me, a league game is one in 38 and carries with it a chance of redemption, a cup semi against a fierce rival on the otherhand...

I agree. Circumstances during the game contributed to the defeat and we got caught on the break trying to get back into the game but to lose that heavily in a semi final against anyone is a disgrace, never mind a big rival. He got his selection wrong on the day as well to my mind, Friedel should have played rather than Cudicini for a start.

Back