• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Was yesterdays performance the most unacceptable one you've ever seen from Spurs?

It's certainly the most unacceptable performance I can remember due to the quality we had in the squad.

I've seen some horror shows in my time, 4-0 against Middlesbrough, 7-1 v Saudi Sportswashing Machine back in the 90s but they were horrendous teams.

There is no way a team of this quality should lose by 6 goals to anyone!

...and I thought Bluemoon over-reacted to a loss! You weren't as bad as the scoreline says. In the first half you probably edged being the better team. We absolutely dominated the second, but 6-0 was still flattering.

You played worse than yesterday when we beat you 5-1 at White Hart Lane.

Six was flattering, yes
But only because you weren't that good yesterday.
We were just so poor that all you had to do was turn up to put 6 past us

It's not even the worst this season, losing at home 0-3 to the Spammers (their only away win in 12 months) takes that mantle imo.
Having lived through Sir Alan' tenure as our chairman I've endured plenty of equally appalling defeats... losing 0-6 to Sheffield United in 1993 back in those dark days when we had the likes of Austin and Cundy in defence... or more recently when we lead 3-0 at half time against City who were down to 10 men but still contrived to lose 3-4...

I agree. The fact it was on the cards we could get hammered by City didnt affect me as much as losing 3-0 at home to West Ham, I didnt see tha coming whatsoever, and i find them far harder to take.

The City FA defeat was stomach-churning and I still recall not sleeping that night I was so sick. I remember being at City in the lates 70s when they beat us 5-0, but we got relegated that season so the defeat that day didnt feel as bad as yesterday, as currently we are supposedly a Top 6 team, but we look far from it on the field, even if we the table doesnt say that

Six was flattering, yes But only because you weren't that good yesterday.
We were just so poor that all you had to do was turn up to put 6 past us

Personally I dont think it was. Aguero was missed a golden chance at 1-0, and they missed 4 decent chances that I can remember (if not more) in that farce of a second half, It could have finished 10-1

Personally I dont think it was. Aguero was missed a golden chance at 1-0, and they missed 4 decent chances that I can remember (if not more) in that farce of a second half, It could have finished 10-1

10-1? Where would we get that goal from? :p

I'm with you. They have played better this season that's for certain but they looked scary going forward and indeed missed chances to score even more goals.

Some of my recent ish away games:

4 goals conceded against Madrid

4 against Inter

4 against Bolton

4 against Burnley

6 against Emirates Marketing Project :lol:

**** me, this is the most depressing thread I've ever visited on this board. I've managed to erase most of these games from memory!

We ve put in some absolute stinkers in the last few decades haven't we? It's difficult to even choose.

I think we can all agree that as spurs fans we have seen our team humiliated and destroyed more than any other evergreen premier league club. Or have we, if say you was a villa or Everton fan do you think you would feel they had let you down or been humiliated more?

I genuinely think it's a spurs thing.

We do have the ability to shoot ourselves in the foot more than anyone else it seems...

@OptaJoe: 7 - Tottenham have lost more games after being 2+ goals up than any other team in Premier League history (seven times). Sweaty.

So no surprise that in 2012 we became the first Premier League side to pass the thousand goals conceded barrier...

@OptaJoe: 1000 - Tottenham are the first Premier League team to concede 1000 goals in the competition. Landmark.

We still lead the way with 1078 Premier League goals conceded (and an aggregate goal difference of +69) over the past 21 and a bit seasons, Everton and Villa being the only 2 other sides to have shipped over a thousand goals with 1032 (+14 GD) and 1006 (+27 GD) shipped respectively. Of the Premier League ever presents, the next worse are Liverpool with 809 conceded and a GD of +522.

We still lead the way with 1078 Premier League goals conceded (and an aggregate goal difference of +69) over the past 21 and a bit seasons, Everton and Villa being the only 2 other sides to have shipped over a thousand goals with 1032 (+14 GD) and 1006 (+27 GD) shipped respectively. Of the Premier League ever presents, the next worse are Liverpool with 809 conceded and a GD of +522.

Wow. The difference in GD between us and Liverpool is quite frightening. Especially as we've finished above them for 3-4 seasons now... just goes to show how utterly ****e we have been previously.

As to my answer to the OP, obviously the answer is: NO. 6-0 against is a horrendous scoreline. But it was away from home against a team with a ridiculous amount of quality who have spent a fortune to accumulate that. And who have beaten Man U by a similar scoreline not that long ago. We've played worse against far inferior opposition on sadly too many occasions.

0-3 against Boro at WHL jumps out at me
obviously the 3-4 against City at WHL in the cup
that 4-0 loss to Fulham in the cup
7-1 loss against Saudi Sportswashing Machine :(
Also that 3-2 loss away at Leicester in the cup
3-1 loss to Soton at home (Hoddle's last game in charge)

Right I'm stopping now as this is getting depressing lol

When we lost 0-4 at Southampton in the fa cup 3rd round 2003 has to be right up there. The worst ones all have the same thing in common: the team just gives up.

Since 2004 there's not been many - perhaps the first 2-5 at scummirates aside.

Since my time in 1988 the ones that stick out are:

94 - v nots county away 0-3
96 - v Bolton away 1-6
96 - v Saudi Sportswashing Machine away 1-7
97 - v Chelsea home 1-6
99 - v Saudi Sportswashing Machine away 1-6
02 - v Chelsea away 0-4

Others like the Chelsea sf were games we kept chasing and caught out which is different.

what about the goons beating us five nil at home just before xmas in the 70's,they always show bradys goal........i won't include any cup games because anyone who knows whove played football knows you let the shakles go a bit and play with a bit more freedom,so it really doesn't matter if you lose one nil or five nil your still out but a league performance is your bread and butter and to lose 6-0 well shows up your weaknesses a bit .....well to be honest quite a lot.

I thought those games were gone in the last few years but the goons lost 8-2 a few years back so it happpens and they still got 4th,so who knows....

No, but it was a great day for the moaners, hopefully they'll pick an other team to follow and moan about, don't worry boys it will all change when you get a girlfriend.

I do not actually care about Spurs that much anymore. When we lose, it does not ruin my weekend nor do I care what people say at work on a Monday morning. Everyone knows we are **** so I just say, yep, we are ****!

Sundays game was atrocious, yet I do not care. I have seen us spanked 6-1 by Chelsea, lose to Saudi Sportswashing Machine away yet Sundays game did not bother me that much and I actually wanted City to score loads more as it was quite funny. My brothers and I have put the United game on Stubhub so that some other poor souls can watch us lose.

18 years as a season ticket holder, 30 years of age, much better things to focus on now than football I am afraid. The love is definitely dying.

There's been some absolutely abject performances over the years, and against utter dross as well (I've often remarked that you can frequently rely on Spurs to drop their game to meet the level of the opposition). We've often struggled home and away against relegation fodder, like Wolves the other year. At least you can point to the obvious quality in City's current side.

Weren't we down to ten men for the last half hour of that game...............if that was a shambles whats this season been all about then??

We were if I recall correctly. we swapped off VDV for Parker when we were drawing and a few points above arsenal, when Defoe was on the bench. We were all over Villa though

Back