• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Was yesterdays performance the most unacceptable one you've ever seen from Spurs?

Will probably get ridiculed for this but at half time I was actually not disappointed with the way we had played for the first half as a whole. Just a shame we'd literally handed them at least two of the three goals. The second half was just awful.....

That sort of tactic was apparently employed by Man Utd during Fergie' tenure and they've been quite successful over the years... Although it helps that they had one of the best passers in the world in Scholes to ping the diagonal whilst we lost Modric and narrowly missed out on Moutinho...

Gary Neville: Tottenham lack intensity and balance and need a proper No. 10 | Football News | Sky Sports

This is the quote id take from that neville mnf article.

Neville continued: "Tottenham's full-backs [Kyle Walker and Jan Vertonghen] were also too high considering they were playing with Michael Dawson and Younes Kaboul, who you wouldn't want to leave one-on-one.

"It's okay if you've got Ronald Koeman and Franz Beckenbauer as your centre-backs and you can play out like the best team in the world, but you've got to adapt your philosophy to your players and the situation you are in.

"This philosophy is from a perfect-world, utopian coaching manual, not reality, and they have square pegs in round holes, too

Eriksen is going to be a big miss over the next few weeks. Holtby is not a number 10, the closest players we have to it that are available are Sig and Lamela.

I'm hopeful that Lamela can do a job as #10 in time but am not convinced that Siggy is any more capable of filling that void than Holtby tbh.

This is the quote id take from that neville mnf article.

If only King and Woodgate hadn't been so injury prone, as with their ability to read the game I'd still trust them in a high line even at 33 years old. Also frustrating that our current best CB is having to play at LB until Rose returns / January transfer window.

Back