• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches

Re: Official - Chiriches

Alright...

------

The ball is played in behind, Chriches gets back well, gets goal side of Jerome. Forces him to play a pass, then gets out to make a block against the player that isn't tracked as well.

If Walker had been as high up the pitch as that I don't see any reason to think the same couldn't have happened down his side. Of course the ball down the outside of Chiriches is going to be on, him and Dawson can't cover the width of the pitch on their own and you'd rather have the ball on the outside than between the defenders.

Dawson is initially closest to the Palace player, but leaves him for Chiriches. I think that's fine personally, wouldn't expect one centre back to track an opponent across to the other side of the pitch in our team. Good run, good pass, but as a team if we're going to defend that high up the pitch we have to put more pressure on the man on the ball. Eriksen and the strikers need to do more.

Illustrates some of the problem with Rose, when the ball over the top of him and Chiriches is being played he's two yards goal side of Puncheon. Couple of seconds later as Puncheon is chasing into the area to provide support for the striker Rose is well behind him leaving Chiriches to deal with both of them - something he does rather well. Do you really think Walker would have been this slow getting back? Do you really think Walker wouldn't have tracked Puncheon better?
Dawson should have left his man to another defender ONLY IF there was another threat to goal around. When we can clearly see there was no CP player in there, it's like the mall after Christmas completely empty...

Look if I said I saw the match, then I SAW THE MATCH ! stop ASSuming things. And stop saying that I'm wrong, then when someone else says the same thing I say (Walker flank is better) you agree with them. You are just loosing credibility here, people can see that...

No pretty much everyone can see a Chiriches fan from Romania supporting his guy

Ok i understand what you're saying now, good post.

Btw the bit in bold is spot on...sadly some will not understand that a cb continuously tracking opposition strikers, and being pulled to the other side of the pitch on our team is detrimental, and will leave a 'runner' free.

Yeah, those are difficult situations.

A good run from a striker in between the central defenders will always pose a problem. To me it's important for the player in Dawson's position to track the player if he's going to be through on goal. You can't just leave the player. If, like in this case, the ball is coming wide and Vlad is in a good position to recover then the two centre backs ending up being switched would be a poor choice.

To me both did quite well in this situation. The problem is the freedom the Palace player gets to play a pass in way too much space. Either we press high, Eriksen or the strikers press the man on the ball, Rose sticks close to Puncheon and most of the time we force them into playing a poor pass. Or we drop off, Rose gets himself back into the back 4. Eriksen drops a bit deeper and gets closer to Puncheon. The in between option of not really pressing, but giving away space around the central defenders will continue to give us real problems. Regardless of who the centre backs are.

Of course I am, that is what "KingDawson" is doing with Dawson, or that was to subtle for you ?

It really isn't.

You're so afraid to blame Chiriches for anything you continuously ignore a post asking a direct question about an incident that happened today:ross:

It really isn't.

You're so afraid to blame Chiriches for anything you continuously ignore a post asking a direct question about an incident that happened today:ross:
Come on man, you're name is Kingdawson and you are defending dawson for 3 pages now and you expect me to believe you are objective ? I never said Vlad's recent form has been great, it is clear that from his injury he hasn't been at his best. But in that specific action, throwing the ball over a defender or a throw ball, it can happen to the best defenders out there. The most important thing is the opponent that claims the ball behind the line, who's man is it? And MOST of the time, it's Dawson man.

I did not ignore any question about today's incident, if something i have been more that clear on my position, you just have to read the posts... just do it :D

The guy is a liability. I said during the game he reminds me of when hudd played in defence. All style, looking great on the ball ,but slow, can't head, terrible decision making and poor positioning.

He always comes forward out of defence to intercept, never gets there, leaves a huge hole behind him and strolls back as if it was nothing to do with him.

He's been **** poor since Sherwood came in because we no longer have two midfielder with orders to protect the back four.

He's a quintessential Spurs player in the sense that he's good on the ball and silky, but he takes far too many risks, just because it hasn't led to goals for the opposition yet doesn't mean that the decision to try and beat one more player and lose the ball wasn't a mistake. I must be missing something because I fail to see why he's getting such rave reviews on GG. I'm not writing him off for his entire career but I've not been overly impressed judging from what I've seen so far.

You know 'Kingdawson' is in reference to the King and Dawson partnership, right? deary me.
Really, you have been defending dawson on every thread i have seen, giving him higher ratings than others have, a true fan... now all of a sudden you are impartial :D sounds legit...

Really, you have been defending dawson on every thread i have seen, giving him higher ratings than others have, a true fan... now all of a sudden you are impartial :D sounds legit...

What are you referring to?

btw you are ignoring...you've ignored the same post put forward to you on 3 occasions.

and you missed the part where that pass happened again, and Chamakh completely mugged Chiriches off? beating him for pace?

Are you saying it was Dawson's fault today?

Team Vlad...or Team Dawson??????

oh how I miss the vertonghen!!!!!

bottom line both looked shaky we have lots to work on in training....miracle we kept a clean sheet! neither covered themselves in glory today......Dawson was slightly better.....Vlad I think would be more at ease on the right side of defence.

Team Vlad...or Team Dawson??????

oh how I miss the vertonghen!!!!!

bottom line both looked shaky we have lots to work on in training....miracle we kept a clean sheet! neither covered themselves in glory today......Dawson was slightly better.....Vlad I think would be more at ease on the right side of defence.

Everyone knows Dawson has his limitations, he's a vital squad player but I don't think he's good enough to start 25+ league games a season.

Chiriches (refuse to call him "Vlad", I'm not a goner), I've made my feelings about him clear so no need to go over it again, I'm not sure if Caulker wanted to leave or he was told he would have to go elsewhere to find first team football, but he looks better than the both of them at the moment.

I'd say it's a draw to be honest, they've both had good games and awful games.

What are you referring to?

btw you are ignoring...you've ignored the same post put forward to you on 3 occasions.

and you missed the part where that pass happened again, and Chamakh completely mugged Chiriches off? beating him for pace?

Are you saying it was Dawson's fault today?
You first said that it's Vlad's fault when the ball goes over him and dawson's man comes to take the ball. Dawson having no other man to worry about in the whole spurs half he can't keep up with his man or worse leaves his man to vlad, when he is just starting to run and the opponent is in full sprint. If you are not talking about that most important ball then i must say i have missed Chamakh beating Vlad to the ball on pace(like i said i watched the match with some friends and there were some parts of the match we talked about different things like how are things at work etc and didn't see every second of the game). But, as I believe Vlad is a lot faster than Dawson so i am sure he would have beaten Dawson as well, so i don't see you're point :D

Last edited:

Can we please stop calling him "Vlad"? His name isn't that hard to spell and we're not Arsenal fans :lol:

For you I will honour this request......you fussy little buggar!

I think chichy needs to be given a bit more time to be judged dont you?? and some consideration given that he was rushed back from injury???? lets give him a bit more time to suss out the league.....I am going to be careful with Dawson as dont want to upset anyone...the difference is we have had 9 years of Dawson and he hasnt improved his game enough for me. Chichy is more for the future so I hope he can come good.

For you I will honour this request......you fussy little buggar!

I think chichy needs to be given a bit more time to be judged dont you?? and some consideration given that he was rushed back from injury???? lets give him a bit more time to suss out the league.....I am going to be careful with Dawson as dont want to upset anyone...the difference is we have had 9 years of Dawson and he hasnt improved his game enough for me. Chichy is more for the future so I hope he can come good.

Absoultely agree he needs more time before we start writing him off, I've not been impressed but I'm not saying never play him again, but he does need to improve quite a few facets of his game. At the same time, some posters have been wowed by him which I find difficult to comprehend.

i'm starting to think you didn't watch today's game tbh.

The guy already said he watched it.

I'm starting to think you're losing the argument and are having a personal dig at the fella tbh.

Anyway, I saw the game from block 29 which is level with the 18 yard line so I get a great view of our defence at work.
Firstly I've got to say that Vlad has still got some work to do to get up to the speed of the English game. Sometimes he drops off too deep then realises and scurries forward again. Also he too often dwells on the ball or tries to play his way out of danger when, occasionally a boot would be the better option. But to blame him for this after a dozen or so games is ridiculous. As for the numerous situations illustrated by Rossi22's graphic, the first problem here is usually no midfield pressure on the passer. Next is often too big a gap between Rose and Vlad. which can be eradicated with more games and training (or an upgrade on Rose). But Iulian is correct in that it is ultimately Dawson's man getting on the end of those passes. He's been playing in this league for ten years and has got no excuses.

Finally, Vlad is an accomplished footballer with great ball control, dribbling skills, an eye for a pass and can shoot accurately too.

Those abilities in a centre back used to be treasured by Spurs fans. Not sure why there is so much antipathy towards the guy. I think and hope he has a big future here.

Seeing it all from block 29.

The guy already said he watched it.

I'm starting to think you're losing the argument and are having a personal dig at the fella tbh.

Anyway, I saw the game from block 29 which is level with the 18 yard line so I get a great view of our defence at work.
Firstly I've got to say that Vlad has still got some work to do to get up to the speed of the English game. Sometimes he drops off too deep then realises and scurries forward again. Also he too often dwells on the ball or tries to play his way out of danger when, occasionally a boot would be the better option. But to blame him for this after a dozen or so games is ridiculous. As for the numerous situations illustrated by Rossi22's graphic, the first problem here is usually no midfield pressure on the passer. Next is often too big a gap between Rose and Vlad. which can be eradicated with more games and training (or an upgrade on Rose). But Iulian is correct in that it is ultimately Dawson's man getting on the end of those passes. He's been playing in this league for ten years and has got no excuses.

Finally, Vlad is an accomplished footballer with great ball control, dribbling skills, an eye for a pass and can shoot accurately too.

Those abilities in a centre back used to be treasured by Spurs fans. Not sure why there is so much antipathy towards the guy. I think and hope he has a big future here.

Seeing it all from block 29.

But surely seeing it all from block 29 as you do you must be able to see why some of us believe that defensive abilities should count more than whether he's a silky footballer? Dembele gets the blame for giving the penalty away, but Chiriches still put the team in a difficult position by going on another marauding run, which ultimately resulted in him losing the ball and having to sprint back. It's one thing when a full back does it, it's worse when a CB does it time and time again.

Back