• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches

Re: Official - Chiriches

The guy is a liability. I said during the game he reminds me of when hudd played in defence. All style, looking great on the ball ,but slow, can't head, terrible decision making and poor positioning.

He always comes forward out of defence to intercept, never gets there, leaves a huge hole behind him and strolls back as if it was nothing to do with him.

He's been **** poor since Sherwood came in because we no longer have two midfielder with orders to protect the back four.

This pass?

fSJ5fKh.jpg

That's down to Dawson ... not Vlad. Dawson's man, he needs to cover behind and Chiriches will then in turn crossover to cover for Dawson. What happens though is that Dawson either leaves him or is too slow to react/keep up and it just looks like it's Vlad's fault because the ball and man are now on his side.
When you watch this in action you only see the opponent coming behind Vlad, the opponent is Dawson's man, it's clear as day, follow your man. You can put a pass over or through which defender in the world you want, it's the opponent that gets the ball who is important. How did he get there, who's man was it ? This picture shows exactly that.

This does not exclude the Dawson fault. More attacks on the the Rose side is a fact and a logical choise. The picture shown by Rossi is exactly what happens most of time and that is Dawson's fault.

If you honestly think the opposition are targeting the left side of our defence because of Rose? you would be wrong imo. The logical conclusion is that they're continuously targeting that left CB side because of the player playing on that side.

If you honestly think the opposition are targeting the left side of our defence because of Rose? you would be wrong imo. The logical conclusion is that they're continuously targeting that left CB side because of the player playing on that side.
You are just dellusional now, i'm not talking about the palace game necessarily, have you watched the other matches ? If you have a weak FB your opponent will go get it, walker is not only good as RB but with his speed can sometimes help Dawson's lack of it. Again most of our attacks go on our best flank which is the right flank.

The guy is a liability. I said during the game he reminds me of when hudd played in defence. All style, looking great on the ball ,but slow, can't head, terrible decision making and poor positioning.

He always comes forward out of defence to intercept, never gets there, leaves a huge hole behind him and strolls back as if it was nothing to do with him.

He's been **** poor since Sherwood came in because we no longer have two midfielder with orders to protect the back four.

He sure does (the Cazorla goal was pathetic on his part).

A poster made a brilliant point a few weeks back (such i shame i forgot what poster it was). Chiriches far suits AVB's high line, to what we're playing now, because he has time to recover from mistakes playing in that formation. Now he gets caught out of position and it's game over.

I'm sure that he is playing more games than we ever intended. I think that there is a decent player there but it is going to take a while for him to get used to the league. I think that he is not being helped by having to play on the left hand side but I have always had concerns that we only have one centre back who is comfortable on the left hand side.

I don't think anyone is 'targeting' anyone in that aspect. That type of ball is played consistently in behind defences in every PL match for wingers or forwards regardless who you're playing. You might not notice it as much on the right hand side because Walker's recovery skills are ridiculous....

They attack down our left flank because he has zero protection in front of him, Erickson plays everywhere except left midfield

You are just dellusional now, i'm not talking about the palace game necessarily, have you watched the other matches ? If you have a weak FB your opponent will go get it, walker is not only good as RB but with his speed can sometimes help Dawson's lack of it. Again most of our attacks go on our best flank which is the right flank.

Why don't you just say you didn't watch the game? rather then ignoring most posts that are in relation to the game today?

They're not targeting Rose though. They're not channeling their attacks to our left back....they're focus passing on our left centre back side. You're the one that's delusional if you're not seeing the same damn thing happen all the time since Chiriches has come in. Lets see if this continues when Vertonghen is back.

I don't think anyone is 'targeting' anyone in that aspect. That type of ball is played consistently in behind defences in every PL match for wingers or forwards regardless who you're playing. You might not notice it as much on the right hand side because Walker's recovery skills are ridiculous....

This could also be true...good post.

They attack down our left flank because he has zero protection in front of him, Erickson plays everywhere except left midfield

The difference in combined defensive ability between Lennon and Walker on one side and Eriksen and Rose on the other is massive for sure.

This could also be true...good post.

But when I suggested it earlier you said you thought it had nothing to do with playing next to Rose?

I'm sure that he is playing more games than we ever intended. I think that there is a decent player there but it is going to take a while for him to get used to the league. I think that he is not being helped by having to play on the left hand side but I have always had concerns that we only have one centre back who is comfortable on the left hand side.

I agree with this.

I remember people making fun of both Mertesacker and Koscielny at various points, now they're both part of one of the most solid teams in the league and both well ahead of the once highly rated Vermaelen.

The difference in combined defensive ability between Lennon and Walker on one side and Eriksen and Rose on the other is massive for sure.

But when I suggested it earlier you said you thought it had nothing to do with playing next to Rose?

I didn't see what you was saying (or implying) as remotely similar to what Harr1984 said.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/e...-on-instagram-my-brother-from-another-mother/

ok guys watch the video and go to 1:49. That's not the Chamakh one i was referring to earlier but who would you say is at fault?

Why don't you just say you didn't watch the game? rather then ignoring most posts that are in relation to the game today?

They're not targeting Rose though. They're not channeling their attacks to our left back....they're focus passing on our left centre back side. You're the one that's delusional if you're not seeing the same damn thing happen all the time since Chiriches has come in. Lets see if this continues when Vertonghen is back.
Look if I said I saw the match, then I SAW THE MATCH ! stop ASSuming things. And stop saying that I'm wrong, then when someone else says the same thing I say (Walker flank is better) you agree with them. You are just loosing credibility here, people can see that...

I do wonder if Fryers had been given the same game-time as Chiriches, alongside Dawson, whether he'd have done a lot worse overall. I'd be interested to see how they looked as a pairing (Dawson + Fryers). I certainly think Fryers would be more comfortable dealing with passes made into the left channel.

Love this thread, has turned into a pro Dawson camp vs pro Chiriches camp argument. Both were bad today and out muscled all the way through the second half, hence people talking about a DM being needed, but we tightened up in the second half.

Both players have their merits, Chirches had some great interceptions and Dawson made some great blocks and tackles. As for Chirches' runs from the back. It seems to me that we are now looking to play the ball out from the back with a great onus on the midfield. Under AVB we saw the defenders making runs often because the midfield weren't making any options, now the defenders have more movement ahead of them to aim at.

I didn't see what you was saying (or implying) as remotely similar to what Harr1984 said.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/e...-on-instagram-my-brother-from-another-mother/

ok guys watch the video and go to 1:49. That's not the Chamakh one i was referring to earlier but who would you say is at fault?
He starts running right from next to Dawson,Dawson lost him, running around like a headless chicken, stop the video when the defenders just start to appear into the screen and it is clear as day...

He starts running right from next to Dawson,Dawson lost him, running around like a headless chicken, stop the video when the defenders just start to appear into the screen and it is clear as day...

:ross:

btw i'll give it another go..

and you missed the part where that pass happened again, and Chamakh completely mugged Chiriches off? beating him for pace?

Are you saying it was Dawson's fault today?

Alright...

------

The ball is played in behind, Chriches gets back well, gets goal side of Jerome. Forces him to play a pass, then gets out to make a block against the player that isn't tracked as well.

If Walker had been as high up the pitch as that I don't see any reason to think the same couldn't have happened down his side. Of course the ball down the outside of Chiriches is going to be on, him and Dawson can't cover the width of the pitch on their own and you'd rather have the ball on the outside than between the defenders.

Dawson is initially closest to the Palace player, but leaves him for Chiriches. I think that's fine personally, wouldn't expect one centre back to track an opponent across to the other side of the pitch in our team. Good run, good pass, but as a team if we're going to defend that high up the pitch we have to put more pressure on the man on the ball. Eriksen and the strikers need to do more.

Illustrates some of the problem with Rose, when the ball over the top of him and Chiriches is being played he's two yards goal side of Puncheon. Couple of seconds later as Puncheon is chasing into the area to provide support for the striker Rose is well behind him leaving Chiriches to deal with both of them - something he does rather well. Do you really think Walker would have been this slow getting back? Do you really think Walker wouldn't have tracked Puncheon better?

Alright...

------

The ball is played in behind, Chriches gets back well, gets goal side of Jerome. Forces him to play a pass, then gets out to make a block against the player that isn't tracked as well.

If Walker had been as high up the pitch as that I don't see any reason to think the same couldn't have happened down his side. Of course the ball down the outside of Chiriches is going to be on, him and Dawson can't cover the width of the pitch on their own and you'd rather have the ball on the outside than between the defenders.

Dawson is initially closest to the Palace player, but leaves him for Chiriches. I think that's fine personally, wouldn't expect one centre back to track an opponent across to the other side of the pitch in our team. Good run, good pass, but as a team if we're going to defend that high up the pitch we have to put more pressure on the man on the ball. Eriksen and the strikers need to do more.

Illustrates some of the problem with Rose, when the ball over the top of him and Chiriches is being played he's two yards goal side of Puncheon. Couple of seconds later as Puncheon is chasing into the area to provide support for the striker Rose is well behind him leaving Chiriches to deal with both of them - something he does rather well. Do you really think Walker would have been this slow getting back? Do you really think Walker wouldn't have tracked Puncheon better?

Ok i understand what you're saying now, good post.

Btw the bit in bold is spot on...sadly some will not understand that a cb continuously tracking opposition strikers, and being pulled to the other side of the pitch on our team is detrimental, and will leave a 'runner' free.

Back