• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

Its been a good 2 weeks since I had a go at the worst "forward" in the league. Despite Son misfiring, Poch rightly doesn't want this clown starting so he's in the super sub role and to be fair he only had 10 minutes but did he even touch the ball, he has fresh legs against tired defenders, did he create positions for himself, did he even touch the ball ? Decent players do things off the ball, this guy just looks lost, he runs aimlessly and as well all know by now, has no end product whatsoever.

Last edited:
Its been a good 2 weeks since I had a go at the worst "forward" in the league. Despite Son misfiring, Poch rightly doesn't want this clown starting so he's in the superb role and to be fair he only had 10 minutes but did he even touch the ball, he has fresh legs against tired defenders, did he create positions for himself, did he even touch the ball ? Decent players do things off the ball, this guy just looks lost, he runs aimlessly and as well all know by now, has no end product whatsoever.
Gst a grip.
Why would Liverpool defenders be tired, none of the others bothered then for 80mins.

Its been a good 2 weeks since I had a go at the worst "forward" in the league. Despite Son misfiring, Poch rightly doesn't want this clown starting so he's in the superb role and to be fair he only had 10 minutes but did he even touch the ball, he has fresh legs against tired defenders, did he create positions for himself, did he even touch the ball ? Decent players do things off the ball, this guy just looks lost, he runs aimlessly and as well all know by now, has no end product whatsoever.

Wow.

His confidence is shot to pieces and that's your way of supporting the club. How do you think he worked his way in the Dutch national team - starting eleven if he's that useless?

He needs a lucky break not his own fans constantly bashing him. Go support Arsenal if that's how you want to act.

I guess I differ from the Spurs staff. We need a player that would challenge Kane not a backup. Competition brings the best out of players. Look at Rose/Davies and Walker/Trippier.

Kane is amongst the best strikers in the league, a player who could come in and genuinely challenge him would cost a fortune.

I guess I differ from the Spurs staff. We need a player that would challenge Kane not a backup. Competition brings the best out of players. Look at Rose/Davies and Walker/Trippier.
Davies & Trippier were bought as back-ups. They are no different in philosophy to bringing in Janssen.

I was thinking how well Manolo Gabbiadini has started for Southampton. Ive only seen highlights but he looks nippy and quick and confident. Complete opposite to Janssen.

I hope Janssen can turn it around. We really need players to come off the bench and make a difference

'Blind' faith is very apparent in some when it comes to candidly assessing some Spurs players.

Our bench is woefully lacking in quality. This thread could have a few different names at the top of it.

Not getting one would cost us a fortune... If Kane doesnt win trophies, he is going to go.

A player of that quality would also be wanted by Chelsea, City, Man Utd... and we are not going to outbid them or match the salaries that they would pay. I think that it is more realistic for us to expect youth signings that we can develop.

A player of that quality would also be wanted by Chelsea, City, Man Utd... and we are not going to outbid them or match the salaries that they would pay. I think that it is more realistic for us to expect youth signings that we can develop.

There are some good strikers, not all go to big clubs......just the majority.
We have a woeful record in the striker dept over the past 6 years or so.

Gabbiadini? or the like..........
****update**** Taking Kane out of the picture and......and........when was the last good out and out striker.....?

Having sat through a video of all Janssen's 2015=16 league goals I make the following observations:

1. There is nothing wrong with his goalscoring or positioning instinct.
2. He is quick enough over both medium and short distance.
3. He is very strong.
4. Most of his goals are scored either:
a) at close quarters from half chances, through, strength, reaction, positioning;
b) On the break - with either a ball over the top direct, or attack down the wings and a cross.
5. He is not a dribbler. So not so much making his own chances from static or scoring much outside of the box.
6. He has two good feet.

My view would be that his performance has been below expected for the following reasons:

1. he is not the main man at Spurs- at AZ he was the main striker, he could take up whatever position he liked. other players passed to him without hesitation and had built an understanding.
2. When played with another striker -especially Kane -he defers to Kane and so doesn't take up his preferred positions.
3. He doesn't get enough minutes as an out and out main striker.
4. We don't have the wingers or really play the long ball (there goes a significant proportion of his goals).

By the way Dabney Dos Santos looks like a good buy.

5. I'm not entirely sure he is a high press kind of player.

But, although the Premier might be quicker and the defending tougher than the Eredivisie I think he is capable of being a success. But I'm not sure he will get the game time as the main striker that he needs at Spurs as we already have Kane as first choice.

I was thinking how well Manolo Gabbiadini has started for Southampton. Ive only seen highlights but he looks nippy and quick and confident. Complete opposite to Janssen.

Fair point, but worth it to remember that Gabiaddini is three years older and has 200 top-flight games under his belt, as compared to Janssen's 50. He certainly hasn't looked promising, but other young players have had worse first seasons for Spurs and turned out ok.

The one that drives me insane is Sissoko. We are paying big wages for his peak years, and considering he has already been in England for 4 seasons, there's really no excuse for how disastrous his first season has been.

'Blind' faith is very apparent in some when it comes to candidly assessing some Spurs players.

Our bench is woefully lacking in quality. This thread could have a few different names at the top of it.

Can't argue with this sadly.

Our one good signing this summer was in a position that was not top of the list when it comes to areas that needed reinforcing, we are again seeing a drop in standard when a couple of players are out.

Having sat through a video of all Janssen's 2015=16 league goals I make the following observations:

1. There is nothing wrong with his goalscoring or positioning instinct.
2. He is quick enough over both medium and short distance.
3. He is very strong.
4. Most of his goals are scored either:
a) at close quarters from half chances, through, strength, reaction, positioning;
b) On the break - with either a ball over the top direct, or attack down the wings and a cross.
5. He is not a dribbler. So not so much making his own chances from static or scoring much outside of the box.
6. He has two good feet.

My view would be that his performance has been below expected for the following reasons:

1. he is not the main man at Spurs- at AZ he was the main striker, he could take up whatever position he liked. other players passed to him without hesitation and had built an understanding.
2. When played with another striker -especially Kane -he defers to Kane and so doesn't take up his preferred positions.
3. He doesn't get enough minutes as an out and out main striker.
4. We don't have the wingers or really play the long ball (there goes a significant proportion of his goals).

By the way Dabney Dos Santos looks like a good buy.

5. I'm not entirely sure he is a high press kind of player.

But, although the Premier might be quicker and the defending tougher than the Eredivisie I think he is capable of being a success. But I'm not sure he will get the game time as the main striker that he needs at Spurs as we already have Kane as first choice.

Im glad someone else has seen that too

Ive said it a lot on this thread but Jansenn played in Holland a completely different way to how he is playing for us right now.... I can only put it down to confidence

And a comparison with Gabbiadini would be relevant if Gabbiadini was play second fiddle rather than being first choice and hadn't scored with his first chances

A better comparison is with Batshuayi who also has an equally poor record din the league with very limited playing time

A better comparison is with Batshuayi who also has an equally poor record din the league with very limited playing time

That's a good point and another player that we were closely linked with.

I wonder whether a Henrik Larsson/Gudjohnsen type of signing might be the answer.

allowing young players a year to settle isn't blind faith

He's roughly the same age as Kane.
He is probably a nice lad and I'm not slagging him off, but seriously, he looks dreadful with ball at his feet, all 'fingers and thumbs' to use an incorrect analogy.

Last edited:
Back