• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

Only saw the highlights but his contributions were impressive and positive.

Whilst some may say his goal was a set piece (penalty) against Gillingham, it was still a pressure situation where the impact of a miss would have been massive. I'm glad he came through it. And you could almost see the relief in his face!

With Kane out we need to get behind him, support him and drive him on to do the best he can. Focusing on negatives doesn't help him or us in the short term. Maybe when Kane is back in the line up we can go back to slagging him off but for now we really need him to feel confident and supported because he's all we have up front.

Only saw the highlights but his contributions were impressive and positive.

Whilst some may say his goal was a set piece (penalty) against Gillingham, it was still a pressure situation where the impact of a miss would have been massive. I'm glad he came through it. And you could almost see the relief in his face!

With Kane out we need to get behind him, support him and drive him on to do the best he can. Focusing on negatives doesn't help him or us in the short term. Maybe when Kane is back in the line up we can go back to slagging him off but for now we really need him to feel confident and supported because he's all we have up front.
I was at the game tonight and there were several choruses of Janssen songs throughout the first half. Great to see our fans backing a striker with 0 goals to his name so vehemently. It's bizarre to go to the Lane and have the place feel so unified. I love it.

From watching him in the flesh for the first time, I like the way he always tries to play the quick one touch ball, often forwards in addition to playing smart layoffs. A few of the early flicks forward went totally unread by his teammates; when he clicks into place I think we are going to see some beautiful forward play.

His movement was also fantastic tonght. I know it was only against Gillingham but he was always so clever, picking up space and dragging defenders all over the shop. Dovetailed nicely with Lamela and Eriksen too.

Excited to see him given a run while Harry gets some rest.

Good contribution tonight. Impressive hold up play and very aware of runners off him. Good movement too. Couple of headers he should have done better with but none of his shots were gimmies. I think he looked a little tense which didn't help him but the penalty was taken well and should release the pressure a bit.

Pandy: if Bobby Soldado showed up in Tottenham tomorrow, he`d probably never have to put his hand in his pocket to buy a drink. We`re world leaders in backing goalless strikers.

And I say that as one willing to be among the first to buy Bobby boy his next pint.

Here`s wishing Janssen a bucketful of goals.

I am a bit worried about his inability to place the ball in the net. He is a good hold up striker. Deji had him under surveillance all game. I am kinda fearful wondering how he will perform against better defenders. Middlesbrough should provide another test.

No, what I mean is that if we make a profit on a player that should be taken into consideration. Obviously we buy players to play and play well, but if they are sold at a profit then they have made a financial contribution.

Frankly, I cannot see how it is possible to take that into consideration.You judge a player just after a performance, not a few years away.

We need to look at the totality of his contribution, not just his goals. His hold-up and link-up play was excellent and his layoffs, which created 2-3 very good chances and a goal, were outstanding. Even if he doesn't score, these aspects of his game should allow our AMs to score a few more goals, effectively contributing to the overall goal output of the team, which is what really matters.

Only watched the highlights, but it seemed to me that every shot we had, he had taken up a really good position if the person shooting had passed to him.

He was very good last night, his hold up play with his back to goal is better then what we have here now and once he gets used to the pace of the game he should do well. Just like i consider it stupid to write him off from what he has showed so far it's far too early to say he will be be a star, however the early signs are promising.

No, it's not. His job is to train and then play for the team whenever and wherever Poch wants him to. Whether he scores or helps facilitate others is inconsequential.

A striker's job is to score. It is not inconsequential. Admitting that Janssen needs to score as his contribution to Spurs is not wrong. I dont know any top striker who gets props for not scoring!

A striker's job is to score. It is not inconsequential. Admitting that Janssen needs to score as his contribution to Spurs is not wrong. I dont know any top striker who gets props for not scoring!

His job is to play a role within the team and help the team win. Goals are a bonus but creating chances for others is also good.

He reminds me of Ricky Lambert in his Southampton days, we have not had anyone to do that since Poch arrived.

I do not think scoring goals is what it will all be about for Janssen, I think he will be told to run defenders about so players coming forward can get more goals. With this in mind I think Alli will get goals on a level of Lallana when he was at Southampton because Janssen will create so much space for him.

Janssen does not need to ever score a goal for spurs in the league to be a success, all that he needs to be a success is for us to win games.

Back