• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

Could we accept paying £30m and high wages for what would essentially a back up striker to Harry? Or is Harry to drop to back up?
I don't think so.

Could we accept paying £30m and high wages for what would essentially a back up striker to Harry? Or is Harry to drop to back up?
I don't think so.

The whole "Harry's backup player" has been very confusing/muddled thinking from the start.

Sometimes his "backup" is up front instead of our top scorer :eek: What's that all about?

I dont buy "he needs a rest".

The reason we missed out on Batshuayi is pretty simple.... Chelsea came in for him. As soon as that happened we were out of the race. Had they not bid for him then I thinK he would've been a Spurs player instead of Janssen now.

StephenH - Re: Janssen.... If you could decide he wasn't a good player while watching him be top scorer in the Dutch league for AZ the that is some eye you have there!

The reason we missed out on Batshuayi is pretty simple.... Chelsea came in for him. As soon as that happened we were out of the race. Had they not bid for him then I thinK he would've been a Spurs player instead of Janssen now.

StephenH - Re: Janssen.... If you could decide he wasn't a good player while watching him be top scorer in the Dutch league for AZ the that is some eye you have there!

I wish (I'm useless) - I didn't really notice him, Janssen, at AZ except he was knocking them in. My Ajax fan web buddie said he was great and wanted him to go to Ajax. He also banged-on about Charlie Austin big time but he said Ajax would not pay his wages.
So I tended to see him is a similar light to Charlie last season (no slight on Charlie meant). When we got linked I was underwhelmed.
The rest as they say is history!

He should have played Lamela in, we needed a 2nd goal and that was stupid play.

Hopefully he'll score a couple v Gillingham and get some confidence.

That miss was just...wow. There's being selfish, which is usually a good thing in a forward, but not if your team desperately needs to put the game to bed, a team-mate is clean through on goal and your finishing is such that your shot misses and hits the International Space Station instead.

Here's hoping for a hat-trick against Gillingham, because he *really* looks like he needs it.

He should have played Lamela in, we needed a 2nd goal and that was stupid play.

Hopefully he'll score a couple v Gillingham and get some confidence.

Had he played Lamela in..all 5 of my Fantasy league midfielders would have scored this weekend. Come on, that never happens!!

...he worries me tad, I cannot lie...

I've seen far too many people (esp on twitter) wanting Kane dropped and Janssen in.
I would much prefer to have continued down our current route of him getting minutes alongside Harry. He's unproven at the mo and I'm not sure how we'll look without Kane. I was at Wembley and I thought Kane was fine - he was making all the right moves, you can see his decision making process. Sometimes it goes for him, sometimes it doesn't but he's a cut above imo.
Janssen needs a goal - I hope something drops for him on Wed but needs to stop snatching at stuff and wait for the chance to come. Should've played Lamela back in today as has already been said above.

Though he hasn't scored he's given a good account of himself. But he's not Soldado. Despite his build, the lads 22! He's still raw - that shot will be forgotten! He works hard, is a real physical presence, and he will start to hit the back of the net, but we need to be patient. Son took a year, Lamela two...Janssen has less time, he will lead the line now. Now is his time.

That Skenburg save from Janssen, denying us the win, still baffles me. Amazing save.

Taking a leaf from your book and believing...I like his effort but he really needs a goal IMO...but again, taking your lead mate.

He does need a goal but all strikers go through these spells. Remember Kane at the start of last season? So many questioning why he couldn't score, why he didn't look as sharp.

Janssen has come to a new league. He wants to impress the fans and staff. Imagine being in a totally different environment, with new colleagues and all you want is to make an impact, show them what you're about. Except, sometimes either it doesn't quite work out, or you are so desperate to show that in doing so, you don't always hit the right notes.

Janssen has shown strength on the ball. He appears capable of leading the line, and can slip across passes to team mates. Don't forget his approach work against Monaco. He set up Kane, he led the line and tried to use his strength. He is a good striker, and once he scores, once he feels more relaxed, he will show what he has.

Have faith, get behind him and then all that's left is for him to do all that he can, and at the end of the season, we can judge him. We can talk of the signing of him as good/bad value based upon a consistent series of chances & appearances. Until then, I'll get fully behind him as I do have faith that he has what he needs to succeed with us.

...he worries me tad, I cannot lie...

this guy is a dud, he has the build of a slow, heavyweight boxer, I know he's barely played for us but he has the first touch of a rapist, Poch only brought him on when kane was done today and his 'chance" at the end that ended up in row Q says it all for me, I'd love to be wrong but he makes soldado look like lineker

Back