• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

this guy is a dud, he has the build of a slow, heavyweight boxer, I know he's barely played for us but he has the first touch of a rapist, Poch only brought him on when kane was done today and his 'chance" at the end that ended up in row Q says it all for me, I'd love to be wrong but he makes soldado look like lineker

Can you explain when his bad touch was???

He seems to have very good control and hold up play from what I've seen and no evidence of this "bad touch"

He should have played lamella in earlier granted rather than Spank it to the upper tier but he still had a good touch to control the original pass and move with it!!!

Jansenn didn t score to start with last season either and went on to score plenty
Exactly. It took him quite a few games to get going for AZ last season, although he did start for them, unlike for us, yet he still ended up top scorer - not much different from a certain player of our own. ;)

Bad miss yesterday, but how many minutes did he get? I think he'll feature a lot more now that Kane is injured. Looked like a bad twist. Could be the chance Janssen needs.

Sent from my D6603 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

this guy is a dud, he has the build of a slow, heavyweight boxer, I know he's barely played for us but he has the first touch of a rapist, Poch only brought him on when kane was done today and his 'chance" at the end that ended up in row Q says it all for me, I'd love to be wrong but he makes soldado look like lineker
I completely disagree. I think his first touch when under pressure from his opposing centre half has been good. I wonder if some people are looking at Janssen's build, seeing him bully defenders and deciding that he must have a bad touch based on this, as his hold up play in his cameo appearances has been as good as I have seen from any player at Spurs for a long while.

His shot towards the end of yesterday's game was admittedly poor and he should've played it back to Lamela prior to taking the shot on. However in a way I was quite pleased that he had the confidence to take the shot, it shows that he is not the type to hide or to try to shift the responsibility. In that scenario yesterday I actually felt that Lamela should've been looking to delay making the pass to Janssen so that he was putting him in on goal instead of giving it to him when he still had defenders between him and the goal.

In that scenario yesterday I actually felt that Lamela should've been looking to delay making the pass to Janssen so that he was putting him in on goal instead of giving it to him when he still had defenders between him and the goal.

I have a feeling that was deliberate from Lamela as he popped it off and ran on looking for the return pass. I think he fancied a goal for himself. Would've preferred he waited for Janssen to get in on goal himself. Not complaining too much though as Lamela needs to up his goal output in the PL.

I have a feeling that was deliberate from Lamela as he popped it off and ran on looking for the return pass. I think he fancied a goal for himself. Would've preferred he waited for Janssen to get in on goal himself. Not complaining too much though as Lamela needs to up his goal output in the PL.
Agreed.... It isn't a massive criticism and I thought Lamela was nice and lively when he came on yesterday. He was really making things happen in that number 10 type role. I would just always prefer my number 10 type to be looking to play in somebody one on one with the keeper, in Lamela's case that is especially so, as he has proven many times how good he is at playing those sorts of passes.

Agreed.... It isn't a massive criticism and I thought Lamela was nice and lively when he came on yesterday. He was really making things happen in that number 10 type role. I would just always prefer my number 10 type to be looking to play in somebody one on one with the keeper, in Lamela's case that is especially so, as he has proven many times how good he is at playing those sorts of passes.

i thought he was very good. He looks to be enjoying his football and his close control and manipulation of the ball was a joy to watch. Certainly no longer the shy kid adjusting to life in England and the tough PL.

ditto - no strong criticism but Lamela was not looking to set up Jansen but looking to set himself up there.

Fans are a joke sometimes, we have a kid of 22 who has come to play his football in a different country, in a much more physical league and has played hardly any minutes. However the experts among us are saying he is rubbish and will never be a player.

Jesus give the kid a chance before we write him off.

He, like many of our strikers I am sure, will suffer with the failings of Soldaldo at Spurs and the comparisons thereafter. The difference is, in Soldaldo, we were supposed to be signing the completed package, a striker in his prime ready to start knocking them in for us. We didn't buy that in Janssen, we bought a striker who we expect to take time and develop into what Soldaldo should have been. From what he has shown so far, is promising, his first touch, his general approach play and ability to lead the line is top notch in the small cameo appearances he has had. He will make mistakes, he will fluff some chances - even the most seasoned of strikers do, but he will develop into a strong, good striker given time and patience. With Kane out injured, he will be judged and unfairly so in most instances if he doesn't score a hatful in the next few games. Give the lad time, judge him next season when he has at least got used to our players and can read their movements, enjoy this season with him and see what happens. As mentioned we didn't try to buy the finished article, so factor that in.

Fans are a joke sometimes, we have a kid of 22 who has come to play his football in a different country, in a much more physical league and has played hardly any minutes. However the experts among us are saying he is rubbish and will never be a player.

Jesus give the kid a chance before we write him off.

Wins the day!

He, like many of our strikers I am sure, will suffer with the failings of Soldaldo at Spurs and the comparisons thereafter. The difference is, in Soldaldo, we were supposed to be signing the completed package, a striker in his prime ready to start knocking them in for us. We didn't buy that in Janssen, we bought a striker who we expect to take time and develop into what Soldaldo should have been. From what he has shown so far, is promising, his first touch, his general approach play and ability to lead the line is top notch in the small cameo appearances he has had. He will make mistakes, he will fluff some chances - even the most seasoned of strikers do, but he will develop into a strong, good striker given time and patience. With Kane out injured, he will be judged and unfairly so in most instances if he doesn't score a hatful in the next few games. Give the lad time, judge him next season when he has at least got used to our players and can read their movements, enjoy this season with him and see what happens. As mentioned we didn't try to buy the finished article, so factor that in.
This. So, please, haters, even if he doesn't score against Gillingham, give the lad a break. He needs time.

Bar the miss against Sunderland I don't think he's put a foot wrong so far, so don't really understand where the hate is coming from in the first place.

This. So, please, haters, even if he doesn't score against Gillingham, give the lad a break. He needs time.

Bar the miss against Sunderland I don't think he's put a foot wrong so far, so don't really understand where the hate is coming from in the first place.

Please inform all those pepole writing comments on the offical Facebook account then. There you can find most of the haters.

People should not confuse me doubting the quality of his purchase with me not supporting him as a Spurs player.
He is one of our players thus we should all wish him well and as always support him in every way.

People should not confuse me doubting the quality of his purchase with me not supporting him as a Spurs player.
He is one of our players thus we should all wish him well and as always support him in every way.

Agreed. I dont think people should slag fans who arent convinced by Janssen. Fact is Vincent in the last game made a decision to shoot instead of setting up Lamela. To make it worse, the shot was far off target. He has also made other misses. I personally am not convinced of his finishing ability yet. That doesnt mean that people dont want to give him time but when a striker comes here with a reputation as Holland's numero uno striker, one expects better.

Agreed. I dont think people should slag fans who arent convinced by Janssen. Fact is Vincent in the last game made a decision to shoot instead of setting up Lamela. To make it worse, the shot was far off target. He has also made other misses. I personally am not convinced of his finishing ability yet. That doesnt mean that people dont want to give him time but when a striker comes here with a reputation as Holland's numero uno striker, one expects better.

Im not bothered by him missing, every player does that.

I just want to stress he is a Tottenham Hotspurs player thus being supported should be automatic.

I think that people have got every right to criticise fans who write off a player after a handful of games.

I have no issues with people commenting on his performance though.

On the same basis Kane and Lamela would be playing in Lge 2 now

Back