• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

150k a week Batshuayi who Chelsea wanted?
I assume Baka is Bacca from Milan? He could've been a good call actually.

Long is an interesting one. Work rate and a real nuisance for defences but has never been prolific.

I think all 3 wouldve been ok for Spurs, but the first we never would've got. I think the second would've wanted first team place assurances and the third I don't think is any better than the one we signed.

Maybe we can cast our net wider and wiser when the stadium is built - I do so bloody hope so.

Trouble is as we build the Chinese money is flooding into European football :(

£18m for a back up striker isn't exactly bargin bin.
We need to remember he was brought in a replacement for Harry in the same system.
Gorgeous George was the one brought in as the option when it isn't working.

We need to remember he was brought in a replacement for Harry in the same system.

If that's the case then we're seeing him and Kane on the same time a tad too much no?

Jenas has it when he said if there's two strikers, one has to be quick. It looks awkward and leggy at the moment with the pair of them

Dutch football has been in decline for many many seasons. Janssen is not a dud (but he maybe a dude) he was great last season for AZ but they are probably at best championship and may be division one level.

Really wish we would stop bargain hunting! It is not a critcism aimed at Vincent.

Bloody new phone and the auto correct is really picky

looking forward to seeing the excellently nicknamed Gorgeous George

If that's the case then we're seeing him and Kane on the same time a tad too much no?

Jenas has it when he said if there's two strikers, one has to be quick. It looks awkward and leggy at the moment with the pair of them
I think so yes.
I don't know if it's because poch doesn't want to drop Harry and put him in the spot light or what.

I don't think he has shown anything that suggests he needs time to bed in at all. I think he has done pretty well every time he has been on the pitch. He is clearly strong enough to play PL football, in fact I would say he has almost bullied the centre halves that he has come up against. I think he will need a bit of time with the team to integrate fully into our style of play, but I think that is true of pretty much any player really. I certainly don't see Janssen as not being 'prem ready'.

tickle my balls with a feather, the criticism he is getting is well over the top (imo). He has done a lot better then Kane has so far this season but he is " not one of our own" which seems to be a big thing for some fans. Kane has not looked anywhere near a player since the Chelski game.

tickle my balls with a feather, the criticism he is getting is well over the top (imo). He has done a lot better then Kane has so far this season but he is " not one of our own" which seems to be a big thing for some fans. Kane has not looked anywhere near a players since the Chelski game.

Well no, the big thing for Harry is that he has banged in 20+ league goals for 2 seasons running. No player in our squad has earnt more slack than Harry Kane, regardless of whether they have come through the ranks or not.

Well no, the big thing for Harry is that he has banged in 20+ league goals for 2 seasons running. No player in our squad has earnt more slack than Harry Kane, regardless of whether they have come through the ranks or not.

You may not be one of them but some are, as for Kane he has had two great seasons but surely no one can not say he has not been poor since the Chelski game. I see what is in front of me and Kane has been a shadow of himself for a while now, i am sure he will come good again but those slagging Janssen off when he has ( imo) showed more then Kane ( so far) this season is a joke.

Last edited:
You may not be one of them but some are, as for Kane he has had two great seasons but surely no one can not say he has been poor since the Chelski game. I see what is in front of me and Kane has been a shadow of himself for a while now, i am sure he will come good again but those slagging Janssen off when he has ( imo) showed more then Kane ( so far) this season is a joke.

Oh, I agree he's out of form, no doubt about it. But I think he has earnt the right to our patience.

Janssen needs time and I think he's done ok so far. But it's also true he hasn't earnt anything with out fans yet, so some of them will be less patient with him than they are with Kane.

I think we'll smash Sunderland, Kane will score, Janssen will start in the league cup and score and we'll all be happy!

Oh, I agree he's out of form, no doubt about it. But I think he has earnt the right to our patience.

Janssen needs time and I think he's done ok so far. But it's also true he hasn't earnt anything with out fans yet, so some of them will be less patient with him than they are with Kane.

I think we'll smash Sunderland, Kane will score, Janssen will start in the league cup and score and we'll all be happy!

I can agree with that, i am not trying to slag Keane off ( all players have bad runs) but it was more trying to defend Janssen against some of the over the top criticism.

The likes of Long, Batshuayi and Baka but its irrelevant - I don't know who was available.

Come on, a 30 year-old striker whose only attribute is pace and scores 1 in 4? Long is so far from the kind of player we are or should be looking at. Same goes for Bacca. Massive wages, huge fee, and the wrong side of 30. No thanks.

Michy on the other hand....

Come on, a 30 year-old striker whose only attribute is pace and scores 1 in 4? Long is so far from the kind of player we are or should be looking at. Same goes for Bacca. Massive wages, huge fee, and the wrong side of 30. No thanks.

Michy on the other hand....

Never realised their ages.........both 30 I'm surprised.

Never realised their ages.........both 30 I'm surprised.

Yeah, frankly I don't think either of them would have brought that much to the table. I was disappointed to miss out on Michy, but considering I'd never even heard of Janssen till he signed, I've been impressed with him so far. I actually think he deserves to start on Sunday over Harry.

Back