• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

During the summer I watched Kane play for England - shanking free kicks 40 yards high and wide, trapping the ball further than I can kick it and not looking dangerous at all despite England having all the possession.

I would advise you never to us a small sample size when judging a player.

Kane has been bloody poor since the Chelsea game last season.

How many minutes has Janssen had so far?

Personally I thought that Soldado did little other than aim sly elbows at the opposition. After he missed that penalty at Emirates Marketing Project he didn't even want to take those any more did he?

Can we give Janssen a similar amount of minutes to Soldado before we completely write him off?
Less than 3 games worth.

Personally I thought it was adequate last night, but nothing more than that. I thought that Janssen did just as good a job as Kane at holding the ball up. There were also (I think) 3 occasions when Kane had the ball in the opposition's penalty box, tried to come back inside and get a shot away despite the ball having no route through to goal and teammates in much better positions.
I was not particularly commenting on Janssen, he certainly had some good moments, likewise he looked a little outclassed at times, eg his carthorse-heavy through ball late on that went straight to the keeper when all it needed was a softer touch and Sissoko was clear through on goal with only the keeper to beat.

As for Kane you seem to be focussing purely on the negatives of his play yesterday. I've already conceded he lacked sharpness in front of goal but there were several excellent interceptions when he fiercely fended off his man to win the ball / retain possession before laying off intelligent passes.

I was not particularly commenting on Janssen, he certainly had some good moments, likewise he looked a little outclassed at times, eg his carthorse-heavy through ball late on that went straight to the keeper when all it needed was a softer touch and Sissoko was clear through on goal with only the keeper to beat.

As for Kane you seem to be focussing purely on the negatives of his play yesterday. I'm surprised you did not see anything goos in what he did. Finney.
As I said before I thought his hold up play was adequate. Not quite as good as Janssen's last night. I don't remember Kane making a key pass in the whole game (although I could be wrong here?) and I remember him taking the wrong option in the box with better placed teammates on 3 occasions. I'm not saying Kane was awful, I just fail to see how anybody could be getting on Janssen's back last night, as I thought he compared favourably to Kane on the night.

Personally I thought that Soldado did little other than aim sly elbows at the opposition. After he missed that penalty at Emirates Marketing Project he didn't even want to take those any more did he?

Can we give Janssen a similar amount of minutes to Soldado before we completely write him off?

We always give our players time at Spurs and Vincent will of course be given that same courtesy. I'm just bloody annoyed we are once again have to make "allowances" for new (and last night even some older) players.

Spurs spend £30m on a midfielder and tried to get a bargain much needed striker for £16 from a poorest leagues ATM. It's a false economy.

As I said before I thought his hold up play was adequate. Not quite as good as Janssen's last night. I don't remember Kane making a key pass in the whole game (although I could be wrong here?) and I remember him taking the wrong option in the box with better placed teammates on 3 occasions. I'm not saying Kane was awful, I just fail to see how anybody could be getting on Janssen's back last night, as I thought he compared favourably to Kane on the night.

Go and watch it again. Kane was poor but not that poor

We always give our players time at Spurs and Vincent will of course be given that same courtesy. I'm just bloody annoyed we are once again have to make "allowances" for new (and last night even some older) players.

Spurs spend £30m on a midfielder and tried to get a bargain much needed striker for £16 from a poorest leagues ATM. It's a false economy.
I think you fail to consider several aspects. Firstly whatever striker we brought in knew that they would be playing second fiddle to Kane. Secondly any striker that we brought in would have to come in within our wage budget.

I think Sissoko came in because our manager wanted a different type of wide attacking midfield option to those he currently has. I think it is also reasonably clear that Pochettino likes his players to have a lot of physical power.

Go and watch it again. Kane was poor but not that poor
So tell me something good that he did? I honestly do not remember anything. He had one great chance handed to him on a plate (by Janssen), took a poor first touch and then had to snatch at his shot, as opposed to being able to place it either side of the keeper. He also fluffed 3 good opportunities by cutting back inside and hitting a shot straight at the defenders immediately between him and the goal.

I think you fail to consider several aspects. Firstly whatever striker we brought in knew that they would be playing second fiddle to Kane. Secondly any striker that we brought in would have to come in within our wage budget.

I think Sissoko came in because our manager wanted a different type of wide attacking midfield option to those he currently has. I think it is also reasonably clear that Pochettino likes his players to have a lot of physical power.

We do make a rod for our own back. It was a good job Iain Dowie had retired ;)

Sissoko was an HP job that Levy cooked up with his old pal, we will sell in the next two windows unless the lad does something totally out of character, plays great football.

We do make a rod for our own back. It was a good job Iain Dowie had retired ;)

Sissoko was an HP job that Levy cooked up with his old pal, we will sell in the next two windows unless the lad does something totally out of character, plays great football.
Sissoko was a player that Pochettino wanted. I have no idea whether or not that will prove a good decision, but he was the manager's choice.

So tell me something good that he did? I honestly do not remember anything. He had one great chance handed to him on a plate (by Janssen), took a poor first touch and then had to snatch at his shot, as opposed to being able to place it either side of the keeper. He also fluffed 3 good opportunities by cutting back inside and hitting a shot straight at the defenders immediately between him and the goal.

He held the ball up and recycled it nicely a few times. But that's by the by, look I'm not anti Janssen I want him to win the golden boot as much as any Spurs fan. But we can't keep looking to get another Bale with every purchase we make and when we dont we go for a Lamela who took an ages to settle and arguably still is, Soldado we know how that ended and now Sissoko. Christ we are gluttons for punishment.

Poch wanted Pace he said so why, and as much as it frightens me, didnt we pay £30m for Saha?:eek:

He set up a chance! Well he must be ok then.

words escape me on young Vincent ...............

This

I feel sorry for young Vincent......I wonder who scouted him?

FFS how many minutes has he played for Spurs that you are already writing him off? Maybe you are just a young pup but I can remember Lineker not scoring a goal until about his 7th or 8th match and winning the Golden Boot. Heck he looks better than Lamela looked after as many minutes he has not too badly after settling.

We must keep playing Harry when ever possible.

I'm gobsmacked how poor Janssen overall game is.
I feel very sad for the Vincent, the game just passes him by. One pass does not a premier league striker make!

You are talking so much utter c-r-a-p that I am beginning to think you are on a windup. I do not believe an intelligent Spurs football fan will write off Janssen after so few minutes on the pitch. How about give the guy a chance and try to give an informed opinion after he has played a nu,ber of matches for us. On this basis you would have sold Lamela in after the first transfer window

Soldado ended up working hard, made some good passes and was great at kicking the post and swearing after a miss. Janssen is only 22 so I agree he needs, and deserves, time to settle in. It also can't help that he is playing a few minutes at a time. I think he'll come good though.

Back