• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

the static player I like to call lamppost is .... Llorente

Harsh. He was in the box taking up the position you would expect, occupying Fulham defenders which created space for Winks. He is not fast, he relies on positioning. Yeah he is rusty probably because as other players have shown it is difficult to be a bit part player in a Poch team. But he has shown quality throughout his career and I think we should wait for him to have a run in the team before judging.

Harsh. He was in the box taking up the position you would expect, occupying Fulham defenders which created space for Winks. He is not fast, he relies on positioning. Yeah he is rusty probably because as other players have shown it is difficult to be a bit part player in a Poch team. But he has shown quality throughout his career and I think we should wait for him to have a run in the team before judging.
He was left by their defenders as they don’t need to mark him

I’m not judging him

I’m calling it after yesterdays game

If he plays well Thursday I’ll give him credit too

Mate Watch it again you will see that is not the case he is occupying at least 2 defenders for Winks’s goal.

I’ve watched it plenty... it could be argued that by him walking forward towards the front post he took No 20 with him. The other CB was watching Toby and winks was left unmarked

I’ve watched it plenty... it could be argued that by him walking forward towards the front post he took No 20 with him. The other CB was watching Toby and winks was left unmarked
My mistake it was only one centre half the other was occupied by Toby. But you accept he was occupying a centre back that assisted Winks rather than playing a completely ineffective role in the goal that your earlier posts suggest?

Would this top the £18million that Levy extracted from Stoke for Wimmer?!

Manager Mark Hughes said that "Bringing Kevin here is a real coup in my view, because he is a hugely talented young player who will undoubtedly add further quality to the group...There is a lot of money being spent this summer, so for us to get a player of Kevin’s calibre through the door for the price we have paid, in my opinion, is something we will really appreciate for years to come

:D:D:D

Manager Mark Hughes said that "Bringing Kevin here is a real coup in my view, because he is a hugely talented young player who will undoubtedly add further quality to the group...There is a lot of money being spent this summer, so for us to get a player of Kevin’s calibre through the door for the price we have paid, in my opinion, is something we will really appreciate for years to come

To be fair, I thought it was a good signing for them at the time and was sorry to see him go. In hindsight, it hasn't go well for Stoke or him.

To be fair he was great for us, turned to (fat) brick at Stoke. Don't think their clamish, toothless, inbred fans helped.

Poor Kevin. What a career slide he suffered. And lost the love of Sonny too :(

That extended run he had in the side when Vertonghen was out for a while, I thought he was excellent.

To the point where I thought Vertonghen had genuine competition for his place.

I was sorry to see him go, I thought he was a really good player, with big potential, and one of those that could really reach high levels.

Then, instantly, he just turned to brick.

Id love to know what happened, because that wasnt a down turn in form, it was off the side of a cliff.

And in a bricky Stoke side he cant even make the team/squad, in the Championship.

Its a really incredible decline, IMO. Feels like one where theres a bit of a story behind it.

Back