• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

That extended run he had in the side when Vertonghen was out for a while, I thought he was excellent.

To the point where I thought Vertonghen had genuine competition for his place.

I was sorry to see him go, I thought he was a really good player, with big potential, and one of those that could really reach high levels.

Then, instantly, he just turned to brick.

Id love to know what happened, because that wasnt a down turn in form, it was off the side of a cliff.

And in a bricky Stoke side he cant even make the team/squad, in the Championship.

Its a really incredible decline, IMO. Feels like one where theres a bit of a story behind it.

100% agree with this.

He probably spiralled into severe depression after going from capably filling in a first team spot at Spurs to battling relegation in the dire surrounds of Stoke on Trent, being gobbed at and abused by their inbred troglodyte fanbase.

I drove through Stoke once. I can well understand the idea of living there being too much to bear.

I lived there for 4 years as went to Staffordshire University. It is a proper hole of a place with the grimmest weather, largely down to the huge cloud that seems to permanently hang over the place.
The people?? Always thought it was a weird mix of Mancs who'd ventured Southwards but encountered North-bound brummies along the way, and just stopped to breed, creating the implausible Stokies.

Other than that it's lovely!

We should send him to Cardiff till the end of the season.

A. It’s the decent thing to do.
B. He might find some form.
Seeing as Cardiff create 1 goalscoring chance every 4 games or so I think it might hinder rather than help.

I think we need to send him somewhere that it is easy to score goals in order to get his stock back up.

Last edited:
Longer quote:

POCHETTINO: I WON'T USE JANSSEN

Despite a shortage of attacking options, Mauricio Pochettino is insistent on not using out-of-favour striker Vincent Janssen.

The Dutchman signed in the summer of 2016, but has not played since August 2017. He has been linked with a move away from the club this month, with Pochettino saying there is no way back for him in north London.

"I think it's so clear that now it's one year and a half that he's not in our plans," he said. "He's not in Tottenham's plans. Not in just the manager's plans but the club's plan.

"Eighteen months ago we took the decision for him to try to find a different place to play because for different reasons it didn't work. That happens in football.

"It's not a personal problem, it's about the professional side. For different reasons that professional relationship isn't working and we need to find a solution. We are trying to find the resolution.

"He got the injury months ago and we're helping him, trying to find the right place for him to feel again like a player and play football."

Longer quote:

POCHETTINO: I WON'T USE JANSSEN

Despite a shortage of attacking options, Mauricio Pochettino is insistent on not using out-of-favour striker Vincent Janssen.

The Dutchman signed in the summer of 2016, but has not played since August 2017. He has been linked with a move away from the club this month, with Pochettino saying there is no way back for him in north London.

"I think it's so clear that now it's one year and a half that he's not in our plans," he said. "He's not in Tottenham's plans. Not in just the manager's plans but the club's plan.

"Eighteen months ago we took the decision for him to try to find a different place to play because for different reasons it didn't work. That happens in football.

"It's not a personal problem, it's about the professional side. For different reasons that professional relationship isn't working and we need to find a solution. We are trying to find the resolution.

"He got the injury months ago and we're helping him, trying to find the right place for him to feel again like a player and play football."

We are not aware of stuff behind close doors

But it seems whilst in the middle of an issue with forwards and an FA Cup game in a couple of days, it seems a bit silly to write him off completely.

Back