• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

I'd rather just sell him. If he goes on loan and doesnt score because he's at a struggling team then his value will go down. Hopefully they're discussing a permanent deal

I'd rather just sell him. If he goes on loan and doesnt score because he's at a struggling team then his value will go down. Hopefully they're discussing a permanent deal
Don't be such a Negative Nancy, Shirley. What if he plays well??? Bingo. Enjoy this moment, it is a great moment!

I hope for his sake he gets a move, really do. It'll be a total waste of half a season if not as he isn't getting in to the team ahead of Kane or Llorente, even son as a central striker to offer something..

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Don't be such a Negative Nancy, Shirley. What if he plays well??? Bingo. Enjoy this moment, it is a great moment!

I'm not being negative! But if the rumours of £24m price are true, then I'd accept it. It'd a good move for him though compared to being 3rd choice at Spurs and I like Chris Hughton so, whatever the deal is, I hope he gets some goals for them and helps Clipboard Chris

We're unlikely to sign a striker who is the finished product at their peak. Given that, why not give Janssen another year and see what he can do with regular football? Clipboard is a decent coach too.

If we are not prepared to give players time, we are going to have to carry on signing strikers until one hits the ground running.

I hope for his sake he gets a move, really do. It'll be a total waste of half a season if not as he isn't getting in to the team ahead of Kane or Llorente, even son as a central striker to offer something..

Its hard to see it not happening. The deal sheets have to have price details on them and have been signed by each club and the player, so got to be a lot more likely than not to happen

I'm not being negative! But if the rumours of £24m price are true, then I'd accept it. It'd a good move for him though compared to being 3rd choice at Spurs and I like Chris Hughton so, whatever the deal is, I hope he gets some goals for them and helps Clipboard Chris

Is anyone talking about £24m from Brighton?

When were various clubs being linked earlier (including them), thats the price which was mentioned on one of TV channels etc. Might not have been from them though

This late on, I don't think that'll be an option. A loan seems like the only way this will get through in time. Hopefully, with no option.

I'm fairly happy with dealings but I find it pretty fudging mad that Janssen hasn't moved on.

He couldn't get in to the team with one striker ahead of him, now we've bought in another who is pretty clearly way better.

Vincent's minutes are going to be limited and he'll feel even more pressure to prove himself, being a bit too much of a tryer was an issue last season and I don't think it'll get better with not one but two evidently superior players ahead of him...More pressure will lead to more snatching at shots and rushing things.

Once Lamela is back I think he'll be lucky to see the bench, maybe I'm being overly negative and this post will appear ridiculous in hindsight but it looks more like this going to be a total waste of half a season at least for him...Perhaps there's a master plan tactics/formation-wise that Poch has in mind that'll need two strikers as a means of mixing it up but it looks more like Poch doesn't want/rate/trust him...

I wonder if (say in a Carrierbag Cup match) Poch might try Janssen and Llorente together? Maybe in a conventional 4-4-2? Just to see what that gives us.

Vorm

Tripps
Sanchez
Verts
Davies

Oakley-Booth
Dier
Eriksen
Son

Janssen
Llorente

Strong spine, slower upfront for sure but prepared for more direct options when necessary. 'Could' be an interesting plan 'b'...not for a match per se.

Last edited:
I wonder if (say in a Carrierbag Cup match) Poch might try Janssen and Llorente together? Maybe in a conventional 4-4-2? Just to see what that gives us.

Vorm

Tripps
Sanchez
Verts
Davies

Oakley-Booth
Dier
Eriksen
Son

Janssen
Llorente

Strong spine, slower upfront for sure but prepared for more direct options when necessary. 'Could' be an interesting plan 'b'...not for a match per se.

I was wondering the same or Janssen and Son behind Llorente in our normal formation.

Janssen is mad not going to Brighton, he would play every week and a chance to prove he can do it in the PL.

He's shown hes happy to be 4th choice and sit on the bench now and again.

Poor choice.

Janssen is mad not going to Brighton, he would play every week and a chance to prove he can do it in the PL.

He's shown hes happy to be 4th choice and sit on the bench now and again.

Poor choice.

Maybe he is concerned that it would be a case of out of sight, out of mind and wants to fight for a place? It can be spun as showing good spirit as easily as that he's settling.

Maybe he is concerned that it would be a case of out of sight, out of mind and wants to fight for a place? It can be spun as showing good spirit as easily as that he's settling.

Mopo has shown if he doesn't rate you it doesn't really matter if you are sticking around at the club?

Personally think Scoring goals in the league and playing every week is the best way to show him he is good enough.

Was going to mention the WC as well, but that's not going to affect him lol

Back