• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

You can see the manager has no faith in Janssen. Even when we needed a goal last year, he wouldn't bring him on.

He serves no place in this squad, so he might as well go.

Kane plus another competent striker, with Son able to fill in as well, is sufficient.

Given we're apparently interested in Balde, and Lazio in Janssen, perhaps something will happen there.

Can't really argue with this.

Can't really argue with this.

I would. Janssen put in his best performances towards the end of last season and was getting more time on the pitch. There have been a couple of players who had poor first seasons under Poch, who the fans had written off but went on the have far better second seasons. I am not saying that will happen with Janssen but I wouldn't write off his chances either.

I would. Janssen put in his best performances towards the end of last season and was getting more time on the pitch. There have been a couple of players who had poor first seasons under Poch, who the fans had written off but went on the have far better second seasons. I am not saying that will happen with Janssen but I wouldn't write off his chances either.

In games we struggled for goals he wasn't brought on till the last 10/15 mins - or not at all.

I don't think we will be off loading you we will see and hope he can improve.

In games we struggled for goals he wasn't brought on till the last 10/15 mins - or not at all.

Poch tends to leave his subs late. I'd be interested in looking at who came on ahead of him last season. I would expect it to be Son most often and few could argue with that.

I don't think we will be off loading you we will see and hope he can improve.

We rarely struggle for goals because of the striker though

Invariably it's because the opposition are parked in their area and another forward doesn't just change that

We rarely struggle for goals because of the striker though

Invariably it's because the opposition are parked in their area and another forward doesn't just change that

Agree, it will be in the early domestic cup games we will see Poch's attitude this year to Janssen.

Zero evidence in pre season that he has stepped up in any way.
He's a third choice striker that people feel sympathy for.
A guy that always seems to need a run a games or a goal for confidence.

Well he's not gonna get that playing in the same squad as Kane.

We need someone who isn't so fragile. Someone who can come in when needed and get a goal. Who if he doesn't score, doesn't trudge off like his career is over.

We'd be better off with an older striker tbh rather than someone no experience behind them.

We need someone who isn't so fragile. Someone who can come in when needed and get a goal. Who if he doesn't score, doesn't trudge off like his career is over.

We'd be better off with an older striker tbh rather than someone no experience behind them.

Such as??

Just what we need, another body language expert. :rolleyes:

Llorente would have been perfect for us last season.
I lusted after Llorente a few years back (not like that you fudges) and there is no doubt he was very good last season, but really just as an out an out target man. At that he excels. He is not mobile and couldn't be considered a like for like backup to Kane. Maybe as a plan B get it into the box player but I think we need more than that skillset to be Kane's number one understudy.

Let me also say I think Janssen has to step up this season, and perform well at every chance he gets or he's gone. The honeymoon is over. I do like parts of his game and see some good stuff, and some bad. But at this club, where we are now, I doubt he'll be given more than 6 months to prove he belongs here.

Last edited:
I lusted after Llorente a few years back (not like that you fudges) and there is no doubt he was very good last season, but really just as an out an out target man. At that he excels. He is not mobile and couldn't be considered a like for like backup to Kane. Maybe as a plan B get it into the box player but I think we need more than that skillset for the Kane number one understudy.

Let me also say I think Janssen has to step up this season, and perform well at every chance he gets or he's gone. The honeymoon is over. I do like parts of his game and see some good stuff, and some bad. But at this club, where we are now, I doubt he'll be given more than 6 months to prove he belongs here.

Would be my thoughts as well, i do believe that he could become a very good player for us but he has to show a little more this season. Will he get enough game time to be able to do this is the question and i am not sure he will ( i hope he does), however if the progress is not there then i think for his own sake ( and ours) he should consider going elsewhere.

I lusted after Llorente a few years back (not like that you fudges)

f8dc02742f0befc1091b1c4f39f6ff72.jpg

Are you absolutely sure about that? :p

Would be my thoughts as well, i do believe that he could become a very good player for us but he has to show a little more this season. Will he get enough game time to be able to do this is the question and i am not sure he will ( i hope he does), however if the progress is not there then i think for his own sake ( and ours) he should consider going elsewhere.
You are right. He might not get too many opportunities but the ones he does get he'll need to take. A few goals would do his confidence the world of good. I hope it works out for him.

An injury to either Kane or Llorente and we;d need Janssen. Tho Son can cover. Probably good that he does go on loan and get regular games.

Back