• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

The lad wants £100k pm - but that's not going to happen at the present time for a 22yo new to the premiership!

We are not going to upset our young squad.
Do we really know that he wants £100K/wk or are we just going off what the rags are reporting, which we all know is made up most of the time.

what are we waiting for.Sooner or later west ham or palace will make a stupid bid for him .Is it really that helpful for Levy to always get on the other chairman's nerves.Suddenly it goes onto a game of egos and nothing gets sorted.Peace was happy to lose 10mill than deal with Levy.

what are we waiting for.Sooner or later west ham or palace will make a stupid bid for him .Is it really that helpful for Levy to always get on the other chairman's nerves.Suddenly it goes onto a game of egos and nothing gets sorted.Peace was happy to lose 10mill than deal with Levy.

Levy tries to run a healthy economical business, not making us looks like Leeds part II. For those who have problems with that, I would recommend them to try to find a sugar daddy to replace Levy.

Levy tries to run a healthy economical business, not making us looks like Leeds part II. For those who have problems with that, I would recommend them to try to find a sugar daddy to replace Levy.

Exactly, it may seem like monopoly money to most, but Toby, Dier, Alli, Wanyama together will probably cost us less than Pool paid for Mane .. let that sink in ...

It appears (and none of us know), that the price is moving (from their side, not ours), Jansen is a good investment, not finished product, so the club will have cap on what we feel comfortable paying, if someone else wants to pay more .. then let them.

But certainly not bullet proof and could try to challenge himself on occasion.

Our net spend should tell you all you need to know compared to other clubs. On occasion him tinkling off other chairmen have cost us on and off the pitch when the figures show that we could have pushed the boat out a little and conducted our business a little earlier than 23:59.

Nobody is perfect but again being cute all the time won't always work. But he has and always will be known and deservedly so, as the best chairman in our history.

This is in no reference to Janssen btw however if poch wants him I think levy owes it to poch and back him within reason.

20 mil is not beyond us.

But certainly not bullet proof and could try to challenge himself on occasion.

Our net spend should tell you all you need to know compared to other clubs. On occasion him tinkleing off other chairmen have cost us on and off the pitch when the figures show that we could have pushed the boat out a little and conducted our business a little earlier than 23:59.

Nobody is perfect but again being cute all the time won't always work. But he has and always will be known and deservedly so, as the best chairman in our history.

This is in no reference to Janssen btw however if poch wants him I think levy owes it to poch and back him within reason.

20 mil is not beyond us.

Agreed.
I am telling you, if Levy fudges Poch on transfers, it will be bad news for us.

In any deal you need to take a view sometimes there is benefit in prolonged negotiations and sometimes the benefit is minimal.Take the Berbetov sale we could have accepted a few mill less but had time to get replacements or do what we did.To get the best out of players you need a pre-season.If he is good enough to play with Kane/in place of a resting Kane then we will not lose by paying a couple of mill more.Of course Levy has to spend within the financial constraints of the club and bigger fee signings have generally not paid off for us its just sometimes Levy can out Levy himself.Az are not stupid they see the bids clubs like palace are making and they want some of that.The longer we dilly dally the more chance we have of losing the player to someone else.

In any deal you need to take a view sometimes there is benefit in prolonged negotiations and sometimes the benefit is minimal.Take the Berbetov sale we could have accepted a few mill less but had time to get replacements or do what we did.To get the best out of players you need a pre-season.If he is good enough to play with Kane/in place of a resting Kane then we will not lose by paying a couple of mill more.Of course Levy has to spend within the financial constraints of the club and bigger fee signings have generally not paid off for us its just sometimes Levy can out Levy himself.Az are not stupid they see the bids clubs like palace are making and they want some of that.The longer we dilly dally the more chance we have of losing the player to someone else.

Why should Levy splash out more money than he thinks is needed, just because other clubs might show up later on? Again, Levy tries to run a healthy economical business, not just for one season but also in the long term. But the economy is very much based on how the team performs, so there is a balance to be made. And Levy have shown that is quite good at doing that balance.

I´m quite certain that Levy have a very good picture what every possible buy are worth and one of the inputs to that picture is how much Poch wants the specific player. In addtion, I´m certain that Levy has learned a lot from the era of Soldado/Fazio/etc

In the end we might loose a player that we would have got with another chairmain, but in the long term, Levy will show to us that it was the right decision. But who knows?

Last edited:
20 mil is not beyond us.

Why would anyone pay £20m for a back-up striker whose only had 1 season in top flight football?

Just because a couple of other teams are throwing around unsustainable amounts, doesn't mean we should jump off that cliff too.

According to the reports yesterday, we are currently only £1.5m apart in valuation (£15m vs £16.5m), so this looks close to resolution

Why would anyone pay £20m for a back-up striker whose only had 1 season in top flight football?

Just because a couple of other teams are throwing around unsustainable amounts, doesn't mean we should jump off that cliff too.

According to the reports yesterday, we are currently only £1.5m apart in valuation (£15m vs £16.5m), so this looks close to resolution

Meet you half way?

I read that payment terms was the issue. Spread over 3 years, while they asked for cash upfront.

Back