• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

Twelve million, fifteen million, twenty million. A new price tag almost daily hung around the neck of Vincent Janssen, to the surprise of AZ.

"I also read everything and see doing the rounds one after another amount. There would now be even called a sum by me, but that is nonsense. I am against any newspaper named an amount. In fact, I'm against any club called the amount we want to Vincent, "said director of football affairs max huiberts talking to Voetbal International.

Tottenham Hotspur and VfL Wolfsburg so far the only clubs that have laid a concrete bid for AZ. 'We have rejected. There is therefore no change in the situation around Janssen. I read that Paris Saint-Germain interest would be, but we know nothing about. PSG has not reported to us. No, they have not been informed. "

Janssen scored last season no less than 27 times in the Premier League and made all three goals in five matches. The attacker also like to take a step this summer. A transfer to a Dutch club is virtually excluded by the financial picture.

http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/az-heeft-tegen-geen-enkele-club-prijs-van-janssen-genoemd.htm

We need to get this deal done pronto. While we are dingdonging about we could wake up and find he has signed for the Goons or Everton or any of a number of teams

We need to get this deal done pronto. While we are dingdonging about we could wake up and find he has signed for the Goons or Everton or any of a number of teams

I quite certain that the club do everything they can to get the deal done, IF this guy really is identified as the main target. But there are many reason why a rumour might not happen.

Is their chairman the 'separated at birth' twin of the tosser at West Brum ?.

Talk it up to £25m, then refuse. Player form and value following season crashes

Its not about Jansen but if poch wants a settled squad well before the start of the season. I think Levy should play ball. Haggling over price or trying to be cute could cost more points than we can afford if we are genuinely trying to compete for the title.

I think we got lucky last season in regards to the bigger teams being crap ... i hope this does not allow Levy to settle for Europa football

Its not about Jansen but if poch wants a settled squad well before the start of the season. I think Levy should play ball. Haggling over price or trying to be cute could cost more points than we can afford if we are genuinely trying to compete for the title.

I think we got lucky last season in regards to the bigger teams being crap ... i hope this does not allow Levy to settle for Europa football

You know thats not levy's style or strategy though, never been, so I can't see that changing now.

Exactly. Levy should look at it as 'settled squad tax'.

I think Janssen at 15m is much the better deal than michy at 33.2m and even if we matched chelsea's bid they will simply offer him wages of up to about 170k pw for their own ego more than anything else.

chelsea can afford to spend obsurd fees because they effectively have unlimited money from their owner.

We on the other hand have to be cuter in our business, we do not have unlimited money via an owner and we are building a new stadium.

Let's see who out of the two strikers performs better.

I think Janssen at 15m is much the better deal than michy at 33.2m and even if we matched chelsea's bid they will simply offer him wages of up to about 170k pw for their own ego more than anything else.

chelsea can afford to spend obsurd fees because they effectively have unlimited money from their owner.

We on the other hand have to be cuter in our business, we do not have unlimited money via an owner and we are building a new stadium.

Let's see who out of the two strikers performs better.
But the owner can't pump into the team any amount he wants. FFP and all that. With the new stadium and raising our goal profile and securing more lucrative endorsement deals (add in the NFL) we'll get there in 3-4 years time and not have to worry about that as much.

I think Poch will back himself on getting Son and Njie to the required level instead.
Perhaps.... But while he can teach a player what positions to take up etc, I'm not sure that he would back himself to teach the two players how to control the ball (I'm not particularly impressed with the first touch of either player and I think that is absolutely key in the Premier League where you typically don't get the chance to have a second touch to control the ball). Perhaps it is just because the two players are rushing things on account of the increased pace of the game here, but it often just looked like poor technique to me. Time will tell, but if a good number 10 type player becomes available for the right fee then I think Poch would have no hesitation doing the deal.... Levy on the other hand!...

But the owner can't pump into the team any amount he wants. FFP and all that. With the new stadium and raising our goal profile and securing more lucrative endorsement deals (add in the NFL) we'll get there in 3-4 years time and not have to worry about that as much.

There are ways around this tho and chelsea did this recently by simply paying there sponsor 40m to end the deal and getting a new sponsor paying them more than the previous one.

The owner foots the bill to get 'more' income and they satisfy ffp.

Disgusting but perfectly in keeping with the utter claming club they are.

The lad wants £100k pm - but that's not going to happen at the present time for a 22yo new to the premiership!

We are not going to upset our young squad.

Back