• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

no european football in season 2009-2010, only the PL and Fa cup to concentrate on after christmas and we finished 4th

Just checked, it was lasagnagate season (05/06) The first time we came anywhere close too CL qualification (and mighty close at that). Fell at the first hurdle to Leicester in the FA Cup and Grimsby in LC.

I remember the lack of games being mentioned back then as a big advantage. It certainly did help us that year. I also remember dawson/ledley being rock solid that season.

In 2009/10 we reached 5th rnd of LC and semi of FA cup (12 extra games..inc 2 replays).

Think this could be a real advantage for the bindippers come march/april/may

Well we've played Arsenal and Chelsea and only taken one point, so what is your conclusion of us?

we are what we are, I still Liverpool are what they are and not what some fear they have suddenly ascended to, our schedule has a greater balance than theirs so far so I think our PPG won't be much different come the end of the season

I dont think Brendan is good enough (yet) to get them into the top 4. They will score goals while Sturridge and Suarez are firing but people are going overboard after just 6 games.

On a side note, why do people always call him by his first name? Not getting at you, just curious.

They're improved no doubt about it, but I still think we need to be asking serious questions if they finish above us. If Suarez and Sturridge carry them like Van Persie carried scum a couple of seasons ago then we could be in a bit of trouble, but our midfield is better, our keeper is better and our defense is better. The only thing that we need to improve on is goals from Soldado and the rest of the team taking their chances. I don't know when we play them at home, but I am fully confident we can and will beat them. Away will be harder but we should have won there last season but we self destructed.

I think they create better chances simply because of their sit-back-and-counter style atm, so I'm not confident that Soldado will magically start scoring until we actually help him get a clear sight of goal. Right now Arsenal, Liverpool, and to some extent City are showing the worth of playing on the counter rather than possession-based stifling football (at least when you have an amazing attack), but my inkling is that it's the midfield-controlling sides who end up finishing stronger over the course of a season.

It really depends a LOT on injuries, January movements, and how well and quickly Lamela can settle in for us. Liverpool have folded in most of their big players with Suarez back, Ozil has happily wriggled into ****'s midfield like a pig in mud, Navas and Fernandinho and Jovetic are featuring for City, Chelsea ****ing with Mata and Lukaku is totally their own fault, but we've got our record signing still on our bench with a massive question mark over his head. Still very early in the season though.

Good side but if I had to put money on where they'll finish I'd still go for 6th. They wont finish above Cheatki, Man C or Man U; they don't look better than **** and we've finished above them for 4 or 5 years and I don't see that they've strengthened much at all in the summer.

we are what we are, I still Liverpool are what they are and not what some fear they have suddenly ascended to, our schedule has a greater balance than theirs so far so I think our PPG won't be much different come the end of the season

We are what we are? As opposed to what we are not?

If we match or better their results against the bottom 14 teams and also beat them in both games then they are eliminated from the race for 4th.

Good side but if I had to put money on where they'll finish I'd still go for 6th. They wont finish above Cheatki, Man C or Man U; they don't look better than **** and we've finished above them for 4 or 5 years and I don't see that they've strengthened much at all in the summer.

they've improved by having the whole of last season to gel, plus one addition in the defence that was pretty good. they'lll do better this season for sure. but i agree - they will need to do more to challenge for top four which is getting better and more crowded with every passing year.

they've improved by having the whole of last season to gel, plus one addition in the defence that was pretty good. they'lll do better this season for sure. but i agree - they will need to do more to challenge for top four which is getting better and more crowded with every passing year.

Toure looks like a solid addition for them, clear upgrade on Skrtel/Carragher. Not convinced by Sakho so far, but he does give them depth if nothing else. Mignolet is probably a solid upgrade on the goalkeeper Reina was in the last seasons at least. Their attacking signings haven't impressed so far, but they added real quality in January and like you say they've strengthened by keeping a similar squad/team as last season.

We look stronger too though, as does Arsenal. City, United and Chelsea haven't been great so far.

Any team can have a good season and I don't think Liverpool can be written off in the battle for 4th. Like for Arsenal and to some extent United January could be very important for them. Whereas ourselves, Chelsea and City probably will coast through the transfer window happily.

Liverpool look good to me but i often get these sort of things wrong. One thing that makes them look slightly better then us to me at the momemnt is they have more goals in them. For me to say we will finish above them we have to start getting more goals, we like quite defensive at times this season and sometimes look like we might struggle to break teams down.

I have a feeling liverpool and arsenal could make top 4, if it means that we are there as well and one of Emirates Marketing Project, chelsea or man u miss out i will except it. Have a horrible feeling arsenal will win the league this year.

Liverpool look good to me but i often get these sort of things wrong. One thing that makes them look slightly better then us to me at the momemnt is they have more goals in them. For me to say we will finish above them we have to start getting more goals, we like quite defensive at times this season and sometimes look like we might struggle to break teams down.

I have a feeling liverpool and arsenal could make top 4, if it means that we are there as well and one of Emirates Marketing Project, chelsea or man u miss out i will except it. Have a horrible feeling arsenal will win the league this year.

I was under the impression that the west stand fans that enjoy looking down on plebs in other parts of the stadium knew the difference between accept and except

:-k ;)

Liverpool look good to me but i often get these sort of things wrong. One thing that makes them look slightly better then us to me at the moment is they have more goals in them. For me to say we will finish above them we have to start getting more goals, we like quite defensive at times this season and sometimes look like we might struggle to break teams down.

Brendan was saying Sturridge and Suarez was like having two 9 1/2 s. Until Ade gets fit we only have Kane (untested) or JD (too similar) to accompany Soldado.

Back