• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

Do not get me wrong mate i hope he flops ( as big as Lovren has) but i do not really get into the trend were fans seem to think that opposing teams are crap/hate etc. Liverpool IF they can sort out their defense and get a consistent keeper and keep their attacking force fit will be a team to look out for in the future.
They can buy all the best players in the world, and it still won't help, as the issue is how they play, not the players.

They can buy all the best players in the world, and it still won't help, as the issue is how they play, not the players.

I hear what you are saying but to me the big issue is not the way they play, its the weakness through the centre of their defense and a keeper who keeps making mistakes. IF they sort those problems out ( and maybe VD will help that) then they will improve.

Only time will tell.

Modern football writers are blinded by defenders that are good going forward and seem to have fooled even managers to buy into this myth. I believe all professional footballer should have good technique and be comfortable on the ball and in England we have just focused on big lumps who are strong playing at centrebacks. VVD is ok on the ball but does not to my mind have a good defensive brain and freqently gets himself in the wrong areas of the field, he had a period when he scored goals which helped promote the idea he was a great player. He has the tools to be a very good player with the right coaching he could be great, but the price is ridiculous and shows the lacks of quality defenders in the world.

Do not get me wrong mate i hope he flops ( as big as Lovren has) but i do not really get into the trend were fans seem to think that opposing teams are crap/hate etc. Liverpool IF they can sort out their defense and get a consistent keeper and keep their attacking force fit will be a team to look out for in the future.

That's a lot of ifs, and some big ones too.
If I remember correctly you always say we are nowhere near title winners (and I agree) but we are closer than pool with few ifs and buts.
So why do you think pool are one to watch?
Not picking an argument or never ending sissoko/cornners/stats good-bad essay type merry go round.

Modern football writers are blinded by defenders that are good going forward and seem to have fooled even managers to buy into this myth. I believe all professional footballer should have good technique and be comfortable on the ball and in England we have just focused on big lumps who are strong playing at centrebacks. VVD is ok on the ball but does not to my mind have a good defensive brain and freqently gets himself in the wrong areas of the field, he had a period when he scored goals which helped promote the idea he was a great player. He has the tools to be a very good player with the right coaching he could be great, but the price is ridiculous and shows the lacks of quality defenders in the world.

Their are plenty of quality defenders but they need to be given coaching and a chance

That's a lot of ifs, and some big ones too.
If I remember correctly you always say we are nowhere near title winners (and I agree) but we are closer than pool with few ifs and buts.
So why do you think pool are one to watch?
Not picking an argument or never ending sissoko/cornners/stats good-bad essay type merry go round.

You are right about the ifs and buts and that sums up the game all round. The point i was making is that ( imo) the signing of a better CB ( then they already have) and a better keeper will/should improve them as a team. I am not saying that it will make them title winners either, but seeing as they are one point in front of us now do you not think that IF those signing make them a better team should we not consider that?

Their are plenty of quality defenders but they need to be given coaching and a chance

I have not seen much overseas football, but think there are some defenders with potential in UK but they are not playing in teams that will develop them in the right way. I suggested 2 or 3 years ago we should look and Maguire when he was at Sheffield and Lascelles at Forest, both have potential along with Mawson.

I have not seen much overseas football, but think there are some defenders with potential in UK but they are not playing in teams that will develop them in the right way. I suggested 2 or 3 years ago we should look and Maguire when he was at Sheffield and Lascelles at Forest, both have potential along with Mawson.

Mawson was exactly one I was thinking of

Third to come to the prem form Barnsley and play prem footy

Has the fee Liverpool have just agreed now made buying anyone in this window beyond all but the super rich or the desperate?

Circumstances

- Everyone on the planet knows Pool is fudging desperate for a defender
- Rumors were City was starting to sniff around Van Dijk
- It may be they can afford the 100M because Coutinho is gone to Barca ..

Makes Sanchez look like deal of the century ...

Circumstances

- Everyone on the planet knows Pool is fudging desperate for a defender
- Rumors were City was starting to sniff around Van Dijk
- It may be they can afford the 100M because Coutinho is gone to Barca ..

Makes Sanchez look like deal of the century ...

And they agreed the fee in the summer didn’t they buy were told it couldn’t happen and they had to apologise for being tacos

So, there's the first half of the Coutinho money pished away. Who else can they waste the rest on?

Total hosing by Southampton. One suspects Liverpool agreed to overpay to avoid being investigated and fined and possibly losing the deal.

Imo this signing has strengthened them and they have the deal done quick and early. They have only lost twice this season. Top 4 should be secure and VVD is available for the CL.

Fair play to the player in the sense he could have probably earned much more at City and had a guaranteed PL winners medal but he wanted to join Liverpool. He must have had a Robbie Keane playing for Liverpool poster on his bedroom wall;)

We are in a different position, there are no obvious weaknesses in our first team, so any signings will be for depth or the future. The need to bring them in early is far less.

Poch wants new players in early. How many times does he have to say this before Levy gets the message.

Plus if we want to cross the line and actually win something then we desperately need a Sane, Salah or Mane type. Top level game changer

I rate the guy i really do ( of course he is not worth 75 mill though), but i fail to see the comparisons with Lovren who ( imo) is nowhere in the same bracket.
Yeah. I tagged him at Celtic as a cut above those around him and he has done well enough at Southampton. Excellent in the air and comes out well with the ball at his feet, a bit like Vertonghen. But positionally he is not as good as our lads and he can't deal with the small tricky guys on the floor. Given the choice between him and Sanchez say I'd opt for Sanchez every time.
He is better than those they have mind.

Last edited:
Back