• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

No brick it's a waste of time! I don't think I've ever seen a clearer red in the Premier League. Doesn't matter if he didn't see the keeper, he fudging kicked him in the face! I don't know if Klopp is semi-retarded or just very emotional, but if you don't understand that's a red, you must be lacking some understanding of the rules. How the fudge can he dispute that? A kick in the bloody face. "He didn't see the keeper". Uhm, what? He's basically running straight at the fudging guy, how could he not see him?

He knows that it was a red, he is just trying to shift the blame for a poor performance.

Work is going to be fun on Monday. Before talk will return to how they will be able to get tickets for the CL final in Kiev!!!

Exactly.
When youre a forward and the ball gets played through like that, if the keeper isn't coming you don't fly off the ground and put your leading leg 6ft in the air trying to reach the ball, you let the ball continue its path and you run on to it.

The only thing that forces you to do what Mane did, is the keeper is on his way. And if you don't get there (even by a split second) it obviously dangerous and you gotta go.

Very good point. Nice analysis.

No brick it's a waste of time! I don't think I've ever seen a clearer red in the Premier League. Doesn't matter if he didn't see the keeper, he fudging kicked him in the face! I don't know if Klopp is semi-retarded or just very emotional, but if you don't understand that's a red, you must be lacking some understanding of the rules. How the fudge can he dispute that? A kick in the bloody face. "He didn't see the keeper". Uhm, what? He's basically running straight at the fudging guy, how could he not see him?

Every argument I've heard on why it shouldn't be a red is irrelevant.

Didn't see the keeper
Eyes on ball
Had to go for the ball

None are in the laws of the game

Exactly.
When youre a forward and the ball gets played through like that, if the keeper isn't coming you don't fly off the ground and put your leading leg 6ft in the air trying to reach the ball, you let the ball continue its path and you run on to it.

The only thing that forces you to do what Mane did, is the keeper is on his way. And if you don't get there (even by a split second) it obviously dangerous and you gotta go.

Very good assessment.

And for those that have any doubt about contact, just look at the distortion on Ederson's face in the pic below. That's how boxers' faces react when hit:

sadio-mane-ederson-manchester-city-liverpool_1jocjzyk3mp6o1m9f2p4hhzg27.jpg

Incidents like this just go to show how thick ex players are and that they will always stick together supporting a "big" club and their players. If some 1st division player had done it they would be queuing up to slaughter them.

Incidents like this just go to show how thick ex players are and that they will always stick together supporting a "big" club and their players. If some 1st division player had done it they would be queuing up to slaughter them.

Recently retired Ex players are the worst, they still have an agenda against refs.

Barton on Talksport yesterday went on a rant about the ref yesterday after he gave it, said he wasn't fit enough to ref/keep up with play.

Nothing to do the decision.

It is a red card, but both players are unlucky (one to get hurt, one to get the red). They both have to go for it and they did, sometimes these things happen in a contact sport. This is basically all Klopp had to say, but he chose to say it wasn't a red -- which is stupid because the rules say that it is.

It is a red card, but both players are unlucky (one to get hurt, one to get the red). They both have to go for it and they did, sometimes these things happen in a contact sport. This is basically all Klopp had to say, but he chose to say it wasn't a red -- which is stupid because the rules say that it is.

Do you think Mane had to go for it? You want a CF to be hungry however the red card effectively gave them minimal chance of getting back into the game. And there were no guarantee that had he got his foot on it, that he would have scored.....he could have caught it with his toe and it pinged off, he could have collided with the keeper, the ball could have hit the keeper,....

One way of trying to answer my own question is what would I thought had Kane done what Mane did. I think I would have been tinkled off, not just because of the impact on that game but also because he'd miss three upcoming games.

What would you have thought had Kane done that and been sent off, and therefore suspended as well?

Do you think Mane had to go for it? You want a CF to be hungry however the red card effectively gave them minimal chance of getting back into the game. And there were no guarantee that had he got his foot on it, that he would have scored.....he could have caught it with his toe and it pinged off, he could have collided with the keeper, the ball could have hit the keeper,....

One way of trying to answer my own question is what would I thought had Kane done what Mane did. I think I would have been tinkled off, not just because of the impact on that game but also because he'd miss three upcoming games.

What would you have thought had Kane done that and been sent off, and therefore suspended as well?

Yes I do. Mane is a very quick player, I think he'd back himself to get to the ball first, it's instinct to try and get that ball and have a great chance of scoring. People act like every decision made whist running at full-pelt is going to be perfect, it isn't. As I said, these things happen. On another day, Mane gets there first and ends up scoring, the headlines are then all about City buying another dud keeper.

Kane doing similar, I'd be gutted to lose him to suspension, but I wouldn't attack the player for the decision. I don't think Kane would try that though, he's not as quick as Mane. But this wasn't a needless tackle on the halfway line with the ball running into touch or whatever, this as a player going all out for the ball to try and get a great chance to score. It just went wrong, I don't think there's much more to it than that.

I love the way the experts tell us that Mane is not that sort of player, he's been booked over 30 times and sent off 6 times which is a bit excessive to my view. As he plays for Liverpool we must allow him a bit of leeway and buy into "the Scholes" excuse, but come down on lowlife like Dele Alli who are just scum.

Back