• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VAR: Sponsored by Chelsea

P15npu.gif

If we want to improve it we must use it.

The best way to improve refereeing would be to accept that one man can't be expected to keep up with everything that happens on a pitch. The video ref must be given the authority to make the calls if he sees something. I would even look into having two refs on the pitch as they do in many other team sports.

If we want to improve it we must use it.

Run it again like this season, cup games etc, and only bring it into the PL when its actually a decent system.

As @Jordinho says, and I have consistently, the video ref needs authority to make decisions. Make it a team effort. Constant communication between the refs, perhaps even broadcastable like in Rugby, so everyone knows whats what and the best decision is made as often as possible.

Run it again like this season, cup games etc, and only bring it into the PL when its actually a decent system.

As @Jordinho says, and I have consistently, the video ref needs authority to make decisions. Make it a team effort. Constant communication between the refs, perhaps even broadcastable like in Rugby, so everyone knows whats what and the best decision is made as often as possible.

I think that this is key. It would help address some of the fans' frustration too, if they knew what was going on.

This is a typical fudge made by those who don't actually care about the progress of the game.
They will ok it next season as FIFA will make it mandatory around the world where technology allows.

We need to get our official relaxed using VAR this delay is just putting head up our collective arses and hoping it goes away..
Typical little Britain!

Back