• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VAR: Sponsored by Chelsea

Hmmm, that’s 15,090 posts wasted then...
Pretty much!

The PGMOL have introduced their own bastardised version of VAR.
They are a law unto themselves.

VAR is quite useful as I can go take a pee while they are faffing around.

In the SCBC/ Spam game this evening, there was a VAR review and a Spam goal was rightly disallowed for handball. When the decision was given, the incident was replayed on the screens in the ground.
Is this a new protocol to show VAR incidents? It would certainly improve the VAR experience for those at the game.

The inconsistency! It blows my mind.

Why all the replays for the pen and the red? You could see immediately that Gazza missed the ball and Son kicked out at that Chelski clam. Then you decide; is that a pen and a red? Simples. Watching the replay for three minutes makes absolutely no sense.

What makes even less sense, is that they actually review a situation where Dele is fouled AFTER BEING A METRE OFFSIDE A SPLIT SECOND BEFORE THE FOUL. But the VAR team either a) don't spot the offside, b) spots it and ignores it or c) spots it and decides it's not offside.

I don't know what's worse; a) incompetence, b) ignorance or c) imbecility. There is no sense to this. People are paid, probably quite handsomely (not taking about bribes, which should probably be taken into consideration), to do this job. They're trained - in theory - to do this job. It's not rocket science. How do they mange to make themselves look completely useless on a regular basis?

And of course; Aurier being dragged down in the box. It took one replay for anyone with the faintest knowledge of football to see that this looked like a penalty - or at the very least like a situation that in the world of video refereeing was in need of proper scrutiny. This situation warranted multiple replays from different angles. Not the pen and the red, which were clear to see immediately.

Why didn't they look into this situation? Did they see it and immediately thought this is 100% within the laws of the game? Did they miss it completely?

It's been four months now, and this brick still happens. These questions keep being raised. And no one have, to my knowledge, come up with proper answers.

From a fan perspective, this is my favourite buttplug, a complete failure. Worse yet; it a failure that keeps failing while the people in charge let it happen.

The inconsistency! It blows my mind.

Why all the replays for the pen and the red? You could see immediately that Gazza missed the ball and Son kicked out at that Chelski clam. Then you decide; is that a pen and a red? Simples. Watching the replay for three minutes makes absolutely no sense.

What makes even less sense, is that they actually review a situation where Dele is fouled AFTER BEING A METRE OFFSIDE A SPLIT SECOND BEFORE THE FOUL. But the VAR team either a) don't spot the offside, b) spots it and ignores it or c) spots it and decides it's not offside.

I don't know what's worse; a) incompetence, b) ignorance or c) imbecility. There is no sense to this. People are paid, probably quite handsomely (not taking about bribes, which should probably be taken into consideration), to do this job. They're trained - in theory - to do this job. It's not rocket science. How do they mange to make themselves look completely useless on a regular basis?

And of course; Aurier being dragged down in the box. It took one replay for anyone with the faintest knowledge of football to see that this looked like a penalty - or at the very least like a situation that in the world of video refereeing was in need of proper scrutiny. This situation warranted multiple replays from different angles. Not the pen and the red, which were clear to see immediately.

Why didn't they look into this situation? Did they see it and immediately thought this is 400% within the laws of the game? Did they miss it completely?

It's been four months now, and this brick still happens. These questions keep being raised. And no one have, to my knowledge, come up with proper answers.

From a fan perspective, this is my favourite buttplug, a complete failure. Worse yet; it a failure that keeps failing while the people in charge let it happen.
That was the second pen we should have had for a foul at a corner. Don't forget the mid-shin tackle they should have had a red for too.

That was the second pen we should have had for a foul at a corner. Don't forget the mid-shin tackle they should have had a red for too.
Does that include the blatant foul by Alonso in time added on when he wrestled Dele to the ground inside the six-yard box? VAR said no penalty apparently because Alonso finally let go of him but replays clearly showed that was only after he'd succeeded in bringing him down.

Does that include the blatant foul by Alonso in time added on when he wrestled Dele to the ground inside the six-yard box? VAR said no penalty apparently because Alonso finally let go of him but replays clearly showed that was only after he'd succeeded in bringing him down.
At the end of the match? I turned off with a couple of minutes left.

Back