• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VAR: Sponsored by Chelsea

They are of course but not as big my favourite buttplug as VAR is.
VAR's main problem is early the implementation is clueless but not surprising really it will take years to sort it and currently, it's very frustrating. They will not scrap VAR totally so I just suck it up and get on with it. Bitching about just waists more of my time with absolutely zero effect.

Let's hope it improves over time.

VAR's main problem is early the implementation is clueless but not surprising really it will take years to sort it and currently, it's very frustrating. They will not scrap VAR totally so I just suck it up and get on with it. Bitching about just waists more of my time with absolutely zero effect.

Let's hope it improves over time.

And one day pigs will fly ;)

/sigh

that’s not what happened, again it’s a failing of the referee driving it, they were not prepared to wait for the correct camera angle footage to be processed and couldn’t conclude it was handball from they angles they did have so let it go

it was handball and it shouldn’t have stood

Sachin knows better than that*, he’s just being a click fluffy bunnies cuddling there

*or at least he should, he’s a journalist and all of the guidelines for VAR usage are easily available online for anyone who wants to research them

What puzzles me is what is the difference when an attacker handles the ball unintentionally it's sometimes handball but when a defender does it it's not handball sometimes. How pathetic was that big lump Cook holding his stomach even after it was obvious that he touch the ball with his hand and the ref wasn't go to do anything?

What puzzles me is what is the difference when an attacker handles the ball unintentionally it's sometimes handball but when a defender does it it's not handball sometimes. How pathetic was that big lump Cook holding his stomach even after it was obvious that he touch the ball with his hand and the ref wasn't go to do anything?

they are making it up as they go along!
VAR is a mess in the EPL especially!

Anybody know if Cook’s blatant handball was VAR checked yesterday ?

If not why on earth not

They check everything that could be a penalty, but probably decided it didn't break this rule:

If the ball hits a player who has made their body "unnaturally bigger" then a foul will be awarded.

IFAB says that having the hand/arm above shoulder height is rarely a "natural" position and a player is "taking a risk" by having the hand/arm in that position, including when sliding.

It is, however, considered natural for a player to put their arm between their body and the ground for support when falling, so long as the arm is not extended to make the body bigger.

New rules for this season
ANY contact with the handball area by an attacker means it’s chalked off regardless of intent or natural position ... the idea bing you cannot gain an advantage by contact with handball area - hence why Davos goal was disallowed even the though he couldn’t get away from the initial strike
For a defender their has to be a form of intent via the unnatural arm position (conscious or not).... hence why Norwich’s player gave the one today as his arm was waving in the air. It was deemed yesterday that the Bournemouth defender didn’t move his arm in an unnatural way or he didn’t have time to move it out of the way

Anybody know if Cook’s blatant handball was VAR checked yesterday ?

If not why on earth not

This is the issue I have, it was the same at Anfield with TAA and his handball, we weren't told if they were checking it. TV and stadium fans need to know if that is going on, it's cloak and dagger at the moment and makes the whole thing highly suspicious.

So, what's the point of linesmen now? Just a confusing distraction, aren't they? They generally wait for the ref to signal on throw-ins anyway. Does corner v goal-kick really warrant the extravagance of two extra officials?

New rules for this season
ANY contact with the handball area by an attacker means it’s chalked off regardless of intent or natural position ... the idea bing you cannot gain an advantage by contact with handball area - hence why Davos goal was disallowed even the though he couldn’t get away from the initial strike
For a defender their has to be a form of intent via the unnatural arm position (conscious or not).... hence why Norwich’s player gave the one today as his arm was waving in the air. It was deemed yesterday that the Bournemouth defender didn’t move his arm in an unnatural way or he didn’t have time to move it out of the way

Is it a rule or a guideline? Southampton player made contact with ball with his hand before they scored on Saturday a goal stood.

Back